Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85873 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1470 on: July 06, 2012, 08:35:53 pm »

Roll 79

Amatin took the time to make a change to the pile of concussive rounds. He took out each cartridge and arranged them on the ground, standing up. He then used his detonation to etch a Minor Rune onto the tips.

Effect Created!
Soulbreaker

Amatin then handed the repeater and its rounds to Zakroff.

Varron walked forward and stretched out his hands. He began to make his fingers into a ball, but Milia called him off and walked up to the door.
She put her ear to the rough metallic surface, and listened for the sounds of sentience.

Nothing.

Still nothing.

"All clear. No aliens on the other side that we could accidentally declare war on..."

She backed away as Varron did his thing.

[6] Crunch!

The door folded in on itself and was torn from its sockets. Two large steel poles from either side stuck out, bent as Varron pulled the door with staggered bursts of force.

Zakroff walked in first, holding out his arm. To him, a gridlike pattern appeared over every surface. He attempted to survey the layout of the building, but more importantly, determine the goal of the architect. His prior experience lent him knowledge of the feeling when one designs something--intent.
"I think we have to go... down..."
The space in the door led into a green tinted chamber, with specks of rust appearing in some areas. There was a bit of light coming from the ceiling. Zakroff looked up and saw two dimly luminescent crystals ensconced within a fixture. Their light was mostly white, with a hint of green poking through the surface.

There were two control panels on the wall. They both had no markings or letters. One had a large triangular button, colored light blue, and the other had two square buttons above each other.

The room was as wide as the structure itself--about ten meters in width.

--------

[4] Jaffar continued, this time throwing the ball from a greater distance, and practicing bouncing the ball back and forth, conserving momentum. He further honed the redirection mechanic, and lowered the cooldown.

"Well, let's go to the bar!" Caplus declared. Having done all this work, he couldn't imagine not getting a drink and relaxing for a bit before watching the conference.

Aduin followed him.

Spoiler: People in the bar (click to show/hide)

Kayle appreciated the other's departure. The sudden shift of focus helped her sneak away from Winfield, only to secretly track him again. But more importantly, the Caplus and Aduin probably didn't know anything about stealth. Especially Aduin.

[5+1] Kayle walked casually past the counter after Winfield showed his ID. The accountant simply looked at her, then back at her papers. Apparently, they knew who she was.
She shadowed Winfield to the conference hall. It was a large, oblong area--about the size of an auditorium in width, with a single large table in the middle. There was a ring of railing and floors above. Three Ross soldiers with holstered weapons kept guard. Kayle made sure not to make too much noise here, because Winfield could notice the footsteps--he was trained as a soldier, not just as an armchair general.

"I need the soldiers to leave. Just stay outside, and let me talk to the Vice President--it's important." he began, addressing a woman in front of the table. The vice president was at the other side of the room, sitting at the table.

The three soldiers shrugged and left through a door in the wall.

Spoiler: Stores! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:58:17 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 72: ...
« Reply #1471 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36:09 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36:42 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 06, 2012, 08:39:30 pm »

(Was I spotted? Hard to tell if he was talking to me or if I walked into the middle of a conversation...)

Kayle checked to see if it was possible to continue shadowing him on this floor. If not, she would instead sneak upstairs and overlook the meeting from above. Also, she sent a message.

Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole

Winfield is acting strange and apparently meeting with the vice president. I don't trust him, so I've followed him to the conference room. Maybe you can look for a security room and find some cameras to hack and watch this with as well?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:43:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.
« Reply #1474 on: July 06, 2012, 08:53:21 pm »

Jaffar rolled out his arms. He was feeling a pleasant...something. He hadn't practiced his magic in a long time, after all.

He decided to practice directed energy now-he laid the ball down and took a few steps back, concentrating on blowing it back with a wide arc of power. Not very delicate, but certainly useful. Feeling a bit of a rush, in truth, he decided to use his other talent, as well.

Jaffar took a Needler round from it's case, and gently poked his arm...

And yelped, as his comm buzzed with a message from Kayle! His hand slipped, and the needle dug a little deeper than he had intended.

He sent a message back, wincing a bit.

Jaffar Cole to Kayle Silvertaugh

You caught me at a bad time...but I'll be along to help in a bit. Just be safe, OK? Comm me in ten minutes or so with an all clear.

His arm was bleeding slightly now-more than he intended because of the unexpected comm-that and the pain was the key. Then he concentrated on 'release'...pouring his very life energy into his spells.

His instructors had warned him it was very dangerous to use this technique. No energy meant no life. But...he had someone to care about now. A little blood shed was a small price to pay, for Kayle.

Action: Try to develop a frontal cone 'knock down' field of directed energy. Sacrifice 10 HP with Heartless skill to increase power, helping me train. Observe the effects.

Afterwards, look around non-nonchalantly for a security room of some sort.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 09:02:00 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 06, 2012, 08:56:43 pm »

(Was I spotted? Hard to tell if he was talking to me or if I walked into the middle of a conversation...)

Oh, yeah you were :P

Didn't make that clear.

Wait, actually, I'm gonna retconn that, hold on. It's much more interesting that way.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 06, 2012, 09:26:25 pm »

Kayle Silvertaugh to Jaffar Cole

I hope I'm wrong and we do have ten minutes, but I'm going to stay posted here anyway, just in case. Can you message the others for me, let them know? I don't want to spend a lot of time writing messages - it might get me caught.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 06, 2012, 10:25:22 pm »

Jaffar did as she asked-he could already feel the energy he had let go slipping away as he typed, much like as if he had punched a hole in a dam. Not wanting to waste it or lose his concentration, he had to be quick.

Jaffar Cole to All

Hey everyone. Kayle's in a bit of a spot right now-she's looking in on someone-so be ready in case...well, just be ready.

He put his comm-pad back on his belt and concentrated on the spell.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 07, 2012, 12:45:49 am »

Kayle realized that this area would be hard to infiltrate by shadowing Winfield since he intended to be alone. Whatever he was hiding--good or bad, Kayle wanted to know, so she stopped peeking around the corner and waited for the woman in the room to exit. Hearing the door close behind the woman, Kayle waited until nobody was looking, then slipped into the short hallway into the conference room. There, she encountered a locked door with a picture of stairs on it.
"Must be the way up..." she said to herself.

--------

Jaffar watched a drop of blood slide down his arm, into the base of his still-attached glove. As his thoughts began to center around combining his abilities, the thin red trail left by the drop guided a small rivulet of blood that continued to pour.
There's the energy.
Jaffar focused on his injury, but instead of feeling the pain, he viewed the situation from a different angle--his body was a source of energy. This energy came from the force of life. By concentrating his body's energy into his mind, he supplied it with the power needed to make a much bigger change in realspace.

*crash*

[4] Jaffar opened his eyes at the sudden noise, seeing a mess in front of him. He saw a bookshelf over to the side that had also been knocked down, but more importantly, there was an elliptical hole in the wall, revealing mangled metal rebar holding up the rest of the building.

Jaffar began to pack up his things. He spied a camera, but it wasn't tracking him. He slid underneath the wall and followed the cable hooked to the ceiling to an unlocked door.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 07, 2012, 12:48:02 am »

Talk to Jog. He seems like a nice fellow.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 07, 2012, 12:57:52 am »

"Cyrus's balls, lockpicking was never my strong suit..." Kayle growled as she attempted to get the door open silently.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 07, 2012, 01:12:44 am »

"Hey there br..."

He paused, as if he didn't mean to say that.

"Stranger. What brings you to the Jog Cutters Clan? We offer the finest blades, sharpened tools, and accessories in space. Unlike most guilds, we are all psychically linked, so you can expect both an excellent and timely product."

The man's tone, his deep, breathy voice, his rough, scruffy beard, and his yellow eyes all unsettled Caplus. The man looked mostly Amrili, but the eyes were not. They were probably Nomag, at least according to the University's mandatory racial studies course.

Spoiler: Nomag (click to show/hide)

--------

[5] Kayle reached around with her hand for a release latch on the inside of her suit. Pulling it, she slipped off her left glove and then her right. Her dexterity increased, she pulled out a pipe cleaner from her hydraulics cleaning kit, and pulled it through the gap between the electrodes on an energy cell. The fuzz vaporized.
She then folded it over a few times, then bent it into a wiggly shape and pulled it through the gap again to fuse it together.
Trait gained: Resourceful!
[1-1+1] Attempting to use it, however, resulted in the pick being completely deformed. She had applied far too much torque with the pipe cleaner, causing it to twist.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 07, 2012, 01:19:01 am »

"Nice to meet you Jog. What kind of products do you sell?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 07, 2012, 01:21:25 am »

[4+1] Caplus noticed the glowing eyes, which creeped him out the most, but he managed to get his words out without cringing or changing his tone.

"I just told you, stranger..."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 07, 2012, 01:23:34 am »

"Say, what can you do with this item? *pulls out broken Thorn gun* Can you repair it?"
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 107