Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85965 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1245 on: April 19, 2012, 05:01:05 pm »

Roll 66

"Kill that officer! Now!"

[5] Varron dropped the two soldiers and turned toward the Cyrian officer. The officer failed to respond in time, but even if he did, he was unarmored and had no more than an officer's pistol. Varron lifted Cherenkov into the air and shouted "Crush!" in a stereotypical manner as he began to literally turn Cherenkov inside-out.

[2] Amatin  held the can in front of the merc in jest, attempting to shift Van Buren's attention to coming up with an appropriate answer. As it seemed, Van Buren was, if anything, unaware of the glowing eye curse than Amatin had used. As soon as the merc opened his mouth, Amatin stopped him with a quick jab to the temple and casted mind lock right away. He switched visions to verify that it had worked...
The merc's yellow-colored soul was sectioned off in the auditory regions of his brain. That was fine, except for the fact that Amatin thought the merc was now in Cherenkov's body...

Amatin did not stop Varron, he just quickly glanced at Cherenkov's eyes and noticed that they were no longer yellow. His soul was red, though, so it had to be Cherenkov's soul and not Van Buren's, because otherwise the eyes would still be orange.
That meant that Van Buren had either escaped, or he had an ability that Amatin wasn't aware of.

[5] Milia, during all this, had been using her new ability to search around the building, specifically through the door that Amatin had entered through. She saw a series of unmarked hallways. Corridors in which there could be an ambush waiting for the party. But then again, Amatin seemed to have had it covered. Then she saw Amatin yelling about Van Buren escaping, so she couldn't be sure. Milia kept searching around, her body standing blankly as she vigilantly kept watch.

She stumbled upon a person in a black suit, with a mask and goggles which she assumed--judging from their sizes--to have some kind of night-vision capability. The person was holding a black box to his or her ear, listening to something which Milia could not quite determine. It resembled distant talking, specifically coming from an Aroth, although at one point she heard a louder shout from a middle-pitched Polarian or Ross, maybe.

Meanwhile, Zakroff [3] aimed for the head and fired just after Varron pulled the officer into the air. His rifle cracked with noise and sent three bullets through the thin sheet-steel door on the other side of the hall.

--------

Caplus covered his mouth in pain, exhaling slowly to keep it warm. He tore a chunk of burning bark off of the tree and put it out, carefully coated it with duct tape, froze the duct tape, then inserted the still-hot chunk into his mouth to keep it warm until he could find time for medical attention. Caplus then replaced his helmet, and shouted "Onward!", benefiting from a sudden burst of enthusiasm, having single-handedly killed a lake and put out a fire.

Aduin and company proceeded forward again. Under his breath, he murmured the Aikimbra, hoping that information would find its way to him.
[5] Suddenly, he felt strange. He couldn't determine the cause, but something deep inside of him warned him about the brighter shades of light peeking through the branches. There were birds, animals, and predators surrounding the party at all times, but this time something seemed off.

"I can tell that something is about to happen..."
"Good idea," said Kayle.
Aduin looked at her in confusion.
"I'll check if there's any lifeforms to note around here..."
[5] She saw a large teal splotch right in front of the group, about thirty or so meters away. The silhouette was blurred by the plants, the figures of which melded to form an indescribable shade of greenish-bluish-red, so she couldn't determine what it was. She didn't need to, however, as she began to notice smaller, human-sized figures, shaded an odd color that she never perceived, running toward the larger splotch. The teal splots was about three times taller, but there were 5 (???) splotches.

Then the party heard cracking coming from up ahead. The team stood still.

Jaffar glanced to the side of his sound minimap. "11mm HSR, sniper fire, coming from up ahead."
Just as the others began to dive, he finished: "No bullet impacts around us. They might have been aimed at something else."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1246 on: April 19, 2012, 05:01:22 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 19, 2012, 05:07:35 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 19, 2012, 05:30:35 pm »

Kayle held up a fist to stop everyone. "Six hostiles up ahead. 1 large one, 5 small ones. I suggest we sneak up and observe the situation before making a decision." She waited for everyone else to give their opinions.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 19, 2012, 05:35:38 pm »

Jaffar thought a moment.

"I agree. Might be someone to help...might be something to walk away from.

And keep your heads down. We don't know who that sniper was aiming for."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 20, 2012, 03:37:26 pm »

Head out the door Amatin came through, and search around for anything of note. If I find anyone shoot to kill.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:02:00 pm by adwarf »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 20, 2012, 04:55:34 pm »

Adwarf, could you pay attention to other people's rolls? kthx.

Errol's character has the power to "see" from a distance, that is, to basically observe from a point in space away from her head.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 20, 2012, 05:01:08 pm »

Sorry, missed the 'using her new ability' part of that. Fixing action now.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 20, 2012, 07:34:54 pm »

Alright, my bad. Sorry :)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 20, 2012, 07:51:33 pm »

With that over, Varron will look at Amatin, eyebrow raised, asking silently for an explanation. Once he got that explanation, he would focus on his Clairvoyance, and scout out the area.

Optional: If Van Buren's soul is mentioned, or anything about Amatin's soul powers, Varron will try to use his Clairvoyance to see souls.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:06 pm »

Amatin looked at Cherenkov's corpse without a single tinge of regret. Anyone who could be taken over so easily was a liability to the group. Hell, it would be better to kill the captive trooper for good measure!
Soul Blast the Shock Trooper, then lead everyone to the L1 and start talking.
"Van Buren possessed the Cyrian officer - Cherenkov - first, then the trooper. If you didn't kill Cherenkov, we'd have the trooper free to alert the base. The Man himself is out there to do it now, though; I kinda hoped to anchor him to the trooper's body just now.
"Anyway, my curse worked... partially. People Van Buren possesses get those bright golden eyes; he doesn't seem to notice that right now, but I'm not sure if his ignorance will last after I tried to capture him.
"Here's the orders for our advancement to the point: stay away from the main corridors and shoot soldiers on sight. If you see anyone with Van Buren's eyes, show them to me so I can have another try at trapping the bastard. I'll detect Van Buren's soul with my vision, too, so he can't get away from us by wearing a gas mask or something."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:38:41 pm by HmH »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 21, 2012, 12:44:49 am »

Cherenkov isn't actually dead yet, just significantly maimed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 22, 2012, 06:45:04 am »

He isn't dead by being turned inside-out? O_O Ouchies.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 22, 2012, 07:29:18 am »

OOC: and I realize I didn't actually put in an action. :X

Action: Sneak up and observe the situation. Keep behind cover and low, careful against the snper.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 22, 2012, 05:05:24 pm »

He isn't dead by being turned inside-out? O_O Ouchies.

You didn't finish killing him. :P He's injured enough that his organs are mostly nonfunctional, but he might be able to give a few last words if asked to.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 107