Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85962 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1230 on: April 15, 2012, 06:08:14 pm »

Kayle watched the log fall into the lake. "Indeed... we should keep moving and see if we can clear a path. I'll take point. Jaffar, you watch my back, all right?" He knew the most about the native life and could keep her from stumbling into natural hazards, and besides that, she trusted him to look out for her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 15, 2012, 06:25:34 pm »

"You know I do, Kayle." Jaffar replied, mentally preparing himself.

Action: Back up Kayle, and concentrate on my cloak's 'danger sense', for lack of a better term.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 15, 2012, 09:02:46 pm »

Stats for me rifle please :)

Whoops, done.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:44 pm »

Onward!
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 15, 2012, 09:38:17 pm »

Kayle glanced back over her shoulder. "You know, most men wouldn't just say that. Especially to a heavily armed Cyrian woman who might take offense to that sort of behavior... but I like you, so I'm going to let that slide this once." Her tone, however, sounded like she was smiling instead of frowning, and she turned her face forward again to keep a watch out for hostile lifeforms.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:30 pm »

You see that zombie from Vulcanus? He's got yellow eyes. Yellow. Eyes.

Oh crap.

Amatin noticed that the mercs were still hanging in the air. He had to confirm that they have, indeed, laid down their arms before he would continue with the plan.
"So, did you two surrender yet? Give us the information we need and our medic will have that arrow wound taken care of... right, Milia? Don't give us the information, and we'll leave you two for dead in these caverns. Simple as that."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:11:45 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 15, 2012, 11:57:32 pm »

Jaffar sounded like he was smiling as he spoke, as well.

"See, everyone?

That's one the perks of fraternizing with the Captain, she lets get me get away with everything."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 16, 2012, 02:25:15 pm »

Attempt to turn the kaleidoscope into a flashbang.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 17, 2012, 01:10:57 am »

Varron, staying silent, begins to slowly rotate the two mercenaries in mid-air out of boredom.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 17, 2012, 02:39:34 am »

Amatin waited, but no sound came from the captives. He coughed loudly and waited some more. Still nothing.
Amatin shrugged: this show of stubbornness only gave him an excuse to do something atrocious again. "Too loyal to bargain? Then I withdraw my offer. Cooperate or I bind your souls into weapons - beginning with your unconscious comrade."
Gently drain the wounded merc's soul, trying to preserve it as much as possible, and animate the HEAT rocket with it.
Use Alignment Perception to see if a rocket with a whole soul in it is any different from the Soulsword.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:51:04 am by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 17, 2012, 11:04:38 am »

Continue with exercises, stay the hell away from the mercs trajectory, instead, go for the entrances. (Mentally.)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1241 on: April 17, 2012, 05:13:14 pm »

Roll 66.25

Zakroff backed up into a corner and undid the band around the kaleidoscope. He glanced through it one last time, profoundly amused by the dazzling rainbow colored patterns. Then, he held it tightly as it began to glow. It slowly morphed, its ends closing up, switches appearing on its side, and its casing changing from a smooth shining surface to a rugged metal box. The kaleidoscope was now a flashbang, primed and ready for action.

As he pocketed the grenade, he shifted his attention to the issue at hand. Amatin was threatening the mercs with something...
[3] Suddenly, the bleeding, unconscious merc, as he finally came to, immediately convulsed before once again going limp. Amatin raised a fresh HEAT rocket in his hand. He tossed it into the air and caught it a few times, silently, as the other merc watched in terror. Amatin checked the missile, it was flashing between red and yellow repeatedly. Loyal indeed. He could tell that these mercs believed in what they worked for. Which meant that they knew what Van Buren was up to.

Amatin took out the launcher, flipped open the cylinder, slid out a missile and slowly inserted the soul-infused rocket to replace it.

Acquired 1x 50mm Soulfire Rocket.

Amatin looked back at the floating merc. Though completely unarmed, he kept his mouth shut. Amatin gave a quick tug on the merc's soul. The merc started to speak, but only a squeak came out. Amatin noticed that his soul was now orange... Amatin walked over and yanked off the soldier's helmet off, and stared into his yellow eyes with rage glowing in his own.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 18, 2012, 05:09:25 am »

Wait... something was wrong. Very wrong. How many people had eyes so yellow they could give gold a run for its money? How probable would it be that two of these people were in the same squad, both of different houses?
Amatin didn't know, but his guesstimates were 'next to none' and 'this is not a coincidence' respectively. A thought that the curse he gave to Van Buren could be interpreted this way was gnawing at Amatin. That idea, if true, also implied Van Buren has swapped bodies with the merc that was in that body moments ago, meaning the merc now had Cherenkov's armor and weapons and just needed to handle the disorientation before he started shooting.
Well, at least Van Buren hasn't understood just how vulnerable he is right now, and stared innocently into Amatin's eyes as if he was never detected at all.

Amatin addressed Van Buren/Shock Trooper(Van Trooper?) while rehearsing a quick-and-dirty variation of Mind Lock that didn't actually lock anything down: it would only anchor the soul to the body like it did with Ivan. After Van Buren was anchored, he'd have trouble escaping from the body, meaning Amatin would have a chance to put Van Buren into a soul jar and recycle him into something less megalomaniacal.
"I believe you are ready to cooperate now. But just in case I'm mistaken, let me show you the next item I'd like to enhance... this." Amatin took out the can of Monstershot and brought it before Van Trooper's eyes. "Monstershot, the most addictive drink in the universe, will soon have that extra life in it unless you talk. Want a try? You won't live long enough to regret it, anyway. Not after you refused my bargain."
The moment Van Trooper started thinking about an answer instead of paying attention to his surroundings, Amatin stunned him with a sucker punch to the head and cast a quick Mind Lock to anchor Van Buren to the body.
Without waiting to confirm whether the spell worked, Amatin pointed at Cherenkov and shouted an order for the whole group to hear:
"Kill that officer! Now!"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:07:13 am by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 18, 2012, 07:47:31 am »

With a flash, Varron threw out a hand, letting his cloak take over for the mercs in mid-air. "Crush!" He clenched his fist, causing a gravity well inside the target designated by Amatin (Cherenkov, unless I'm mistaken), and causing the intense, localised field to literally pull Cherenkov into his own body.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 18, 2012, 02:47:53 pm »

Test my new rifle on the officer.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107