Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85971 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1200 on: April 11, 2012, 07:14:21 am »

Jaffar recovered in a moment.

"Eek. Creepy crawlies. I bet there's alot more of them up ahead...we'll just have to be careful near water."

He looked around. There was water everywhere. :(

Action: Lead on into the monster mouth cave.

Which is probably not a monsters mouth, really. Right?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 11, 2012, 01:08:52 pm »

It's actually like this:
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: April 11, 2012, 02:07:23 pm »

"Hmm, invasive species. Only 1 way to deal with it."
Kill everything in the lake.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:25:25 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 11, 2012, 03:03:03 pm »

Continue to shoot the troopers, but this time aim for kill shots

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: April 11, 2012, 05:41:37 pm »

Hearing what Caplus said, Aduin replied saying,

"I hope your not suggesting we kill it...that would be very detrimental to our own existence..."

Wait a few moments for Caplus to enact whatever plan he has, then if the monster attacks, retreat a few metres from the ledge. Should its attack cease or if the monster doesn't attack, cautiously cross on the log.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 12, 2012, 04:44:04 am »

Kayle hurried across to solid ground before turning to take care of the monster. Since she didn't want to risk destroying the tree before Caplus and Aduin finished crossing it, she attempted to Life Drain the aquatic beast.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1206 on: April 12, 2012, 03:43:15 pm »

There is no monster... they're colonial worms.

I'm not sure if my rolls are too cryptic or if you guys just aren't reading it right. :(

Roll 64

Amatin pointed at the badge.
"What is this?" he asked.
"Reward given to officers who kill more than 2000! Very honorable!" replied Cherenkov, not in a monotone voice as most zombies but in an angry tone as Amatin inferred.
Amatin became even more angry. But slowly, his face took on some kind of grin as he realized the power he had right now, controlling a significant Cyrian officer. Finally, he could get his revenge.
"Tell me the names of everyone else who were given this... thing. Then, download the maps of the dig site and give them to me. If possible, reroute the lower levels' camera feed to this room's monitors."
To make sure that Cherenkov's mind didn't interfere, he added an additional order which he assumed the zombie would be forced to follow: "And don't trigger any alarms."

Cherenkov the Zombie got back in his chair, clumsily grabbing the mouse and getting to work. He hesitated numerous times as if he didn't know what to do, but finally he printed out two things: a one-page document with a list of Cyrian names, some mispelled, lacking punctuation and any spacing whatsoever, and a three-page copy of the map of the dig site.

Amatin grabbed the map and looked it over. He verified that this one in-fact the dig site, and located the position of the room he was in on the map. Then, he flipped to the second page which outlined the deep underground portion of the site which linked into the caves. He noticed that there was only one way in from the caves, through a lift, labelled L1.

Cherenkov suddenly flipped the monitor around, almost knocking it over but catching it to stop it, and presented a number of thumbnails on the screen, each linked to a security camera. Amatin looked at the camera for L1.

He saw the foot of Zakroff's drone obscuring most of the view. However, judging from the repeated flashes on the metal, there was a gunfight.

[-] Zakroff aimed more carefully, getting ready to fire as soon as the two assassins raised their heads. However, they apparently stayed close to the rock and refused to come out.

[5] Milia listened more intently, [5] channeling her spatial-alteration abilities to project her own sense forward. She shifted her field of view and hearing to a point a few meters away, allowing her to peek over the edge of the rock and listen without physically doing so.
One of the two assasins--apparently mercenaries, judging from their equipment--was on his communicator, calling someone.

Varron hovered down to the two, confused. Milia explained what was going on. He used his clairvoyance to verify Milia's observations, then attempted to decide whether or not to crush the shock trooper making the call.

(Will retcon if you decide to.)

Amatin heard a beeping noise. He ducked for cover, and Cherenkov repeated this, but then he heard no explosion. Getting up, he noticed that there was a steel disc spinning in the air, hovering via magnetism over a base.

The phone was ringing.

--------

"If it's invasive, then there's only one thing to do.", said Caplus.
[6] He pointed at the lake and fired a bolt of lightning, hopefully electrocuting the pond grabbers.

The lake began to bubble as methane was released from storage. Pond grabbers are colonial animals--some of them act as the "grabbers," while others reside in the pond, burrowing deep into the ground and storing molecules for energy. On Ruberlitus, the waters tend to contain pure glucose thanks to the beneficial algae lichens which create an excess of it because the algae component reproduces extremely quickly compared to the fungus component.

On Iesac, both the water and the atmosphere have high quantities of methane, but especially the water. Pond grabbers, since they store hydrocarbons as well, apparently managed to store up a large supply of methane underground, filtering it from the water. Because the grabbers underneath died, they released their methane into the water, which rose out of the lake and was then set alight by Caplus' lightning.

*Fwooooooosh!*

Aduin's vision suddenly flared up as a gigantic white pillar began to rise from the lake. The log began to catch fire underneath the party.

"I think the monster's dead, but..."

Jaffar and Kayle suddenly panicked, and made their way back onto solid ground, sprinting across.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:04:28 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 12, 2012, 03:43:33 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 12, 2012, 03:49:08 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 12, 2012, 04:28:16 pm »

Learn cyrokinesis to deal with the fire.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 12, 2012, 06:01:32 pm »

Jaffar skidded on his boots, turning about as soon as he felt solid ground him-he saw the log begin to smolder-no way back soon, he mused.

He glanced aside to Kayle, who seemed alright to him.

"This is fun, right? I can already imagine the stories." he said, in a toying manner.

He took on a 'conversational' tone "...Why yes, Mr. and Mrs. Silvertaugh, I take your daughter to all the best places. Enemy battleships, Man eating jungles, Exploding lakes, Monster caves..."

Action: Onwards!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 12, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »

Regroup with the others, and use Gravitic Crush on the Shock Trooper, when I see what's happening.

:I I said this for a reason.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 12, 2012, 09:02:36 pm »

Oh whoops, sorry about that! (I didn't see it) I shall revise the roll.

Edit: There, whoops :D

Although no action was done "quite" yet in case you guys decide to metagame and be all coordinated-like.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:05:08 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 12, 2012, 11:25:57 pm »

Cherenkov was clearly in no shape for phone-answering duty. Amatin told him to be quiet and picked up the phone:
"This is Tarnenkov. Report."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 12, 2012, 11:48:51 pm »

Milia continued to listen intently.

"Tarnenkov? Where is Cherenkov? He was our squad's leader."
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107