Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 86010 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1125 on: March 14, 2012, 01:26:30 pm »

Well, then, go down with the group, then scout the surroundings (not too far, I understand the cave system is pretty dangerous :P )
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:22 pm »

"Be careful you break it, and we'll have to wait until I can fix it to head on."
Start climbing down into the caverns

(Hey Dbz you mind if I right some lore for Earth, and is there a specific way u imagine Earth to be now?)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 14, 2012, 04:53:35 pm »

(Hey Dbz you mind if I right some lore for Earth, and is there a specific way u imagine Earth to be now?)

Yes, I actually have a very specific background in mind for Earth. There's a lot of plot-important stuff that goes with it. Sorry about that :(
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 14, 2012, 05:42:46 pm »

"Most likely the former. Back during the colonization, the Ross had to take refuge in giant trees. Even now, they act as supports for our capital city on top."
Caplus looked around, observing the Klathidons.
"I never visited the capital. I spent most of my life on a ship, a frigate to be exact. The Quasar.  My parents both served on the ship. My mother was an engine technician... she lost her life during a warp jump once. My father was the navigator, but he dropped out of the military because of the grief, leaving me as the replacement. I resigned after a year to live on a colony.

He shifted his view onto Mountains in the distance.
"The Quasar was then destroyed by Centauri arms dealers in Piscus Austrini..."

He then turned his attention to his Wunderwaffe on his arm.
"I wanted to go to that system to explore the ruins, but I never had a ship to do that. If we ever pass by that system, I hope we can explore that system to search for the wreckage."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:26 pm »

No Problem :)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:12 pm »

Kayle followed the group silently, opting to listen to Caplus's words rather than offer any of her own while staying ready for trouble.

(Ugh, can't think of anything this turn, but I didn't want to hold it up any longer. Sorry. ^^^; )
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 15, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »

Roll 59

Amatin said nothing, slipped two sets of rockets into his launcher, and pointed forward, walking ahead, pocketing his weapon and attempting to determine how to climb down the rough edge of the monstrous pit before him. Suddenly, he felt himself soaring into the air. He looked backward, startled, before realizing that it was obviously Varron, who was lifting the team and about to set them down into the canyon. [6]

[1] Suddenly, a Large Dragon appeared from behind and snatched Amatin from the air without making so much as a noise. Amatin got out his impact hammer and began to bludgeon the creature's feet, [2] but to no avail. The two headed over the canyon, toward the dig site, the dragon itself completely indifferent to Amatin's attacks.

Zakroff, still floating in the air with the other two and his drone, expressed his shock by shrugging. Varron began to set everyone down in the cavern, before Milia objected.

"Hold on, a moment, I think I can do something right now..."
"And have them fall, getting him crushed? I'd say he can defend himself, what with those necromancy powers of his."
"Good point there..."

After Milia's action (you can post two, one for this occasion, one as your actual action. I'll retcon to make it work) the team landed in the cavern, and began to enter the dark, warm, wet caverns underneath the hot and bloody surface. Zakroff's drone left prints in the limestone as it stomped onward through the caves.
"Limestone..."

As the group continued ahead, still worried about Amatin, they stumbled upon what appeared to be a fortification in the distance. There was an elevated platform next to the side of one of the towering cavern pillars. There were sandbags piled on the edges of this platform, and Milia even noticed a weapon mounted on a stand. A number of hanging lanterns illuminated the emplacement.

Milia leaned against a boulder, rubbing some of the cave moss off the surface to avoid damaging her suit.

--------

Ross admiral Ross Wilheim was handed a pistol by Winfield Scott. The two were on the bridge deck of one of the Marshcrawlers. This particular one was called the Freedomdale.
"You can lose that one, it's a basic service pistol and we need you alive or we'll look like terrorists."
"Yes... sir?"
"hat's what I wanted to hear. You're making this go on very smoothly, which is why I'm trusting you with that pistol. But remember, if my vitals go dead, there's a charge in the pistol that will amputate both of your hands. Just letting you know, for your own good. Keep it away from fires as well."
The Ross admiral nodded, holstering the pistol and taking off his hat as an acknowledgement, as was customary for Ross military officials. At that moment, Scott raised his own pistol--a bulky, three-shot CM98, and fixed it on the spot between the admiral's eyes.

"That's not your hair."
The Ross admiral looked bewildered, with a genuine expression of fear and guilt on his face. Scott relented and handed him a mirror.
"You're right," he began, after a quick glance at his own face.
"This isn't my hair. These aren't my hands either..."
"Van Buren..."
"I never liked him."
"We know. Anyway, put this mask on." Scott threw him a doctor's mask from a wall-mounted first aid kit.
"We can't let that fungus spread."
"Fungus?"
"One of our men was in the city plaza. He reported a fungus that was later identified as the Madunai fungus that the Cyrians were attempting to use as a bioweapon during the Galactic wars. If they had successfully infected our citizens with it, it would have taken over."
"What does this have to do with..."
"The fungus came from your ship. Van Buren is the one responsible for it. However, the fact remains that judging from the tapes we confiscated from the Cyrians when we imprisoned almost all of their scientists... the stuff in't pretty."
"That still doesn't explain why I'm..."
"One of the city's inspectors went missing in the plaza, or his body, that is. Van Buren took it. We know this for a fact. He must have passed the body to you in secret... did you happen to be drugged recently?"
"No..."
"Just as I had expected. Alright, come along. Whatever you do, don't take that mask off. If you do I'll shoot you first thing. Once we get to the rendezvous building we can put you in quarantine and have you participate via projector."
"And my old body?"
"If we can find it, we'll switch you back."
The admiral stood still, confused--too confused to do anything. As Scott opened and held the door, Ross Wilheim simply went through and descended the stairwell to ground level.

Admiral Scott came up to the group wielding his pistol and wearing a kinetic vest.
"It'll shatter on impact, just in case I get mauled by something." he had mentioned.

The group of six began to proceed forward through the herd of klathidons as Scott had ordered, while the official military personnel stood behind. One klathidon, a medium-sized adult, was preparing to root while [2] Jaffar passed by. Its left sensory organ stiffened, and it raised its head from the ground. It then quickly looked at Jaffar, before standing up and rotating its massive body to face him. It pressed its nose against his side, but Jaffar jumped backward.

Meanwhile, a number of meter-high insectoid predators approached the herd and began to scratch at one of the klathidona.
"Ravagers..." Kayle remarked.

Spoiler: Stressed for time... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:35:38 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 16, 2012, 06:05:03 am »

@DbZ: Do you mind if I invent the magic-related details when spellcrafting? I know, lore-wise, no indication on exactly how necromancy works right now, so I just think of the most plausible explanation and put it in words.

Amatin glanced over the dragon. It looked like it was used to living on the Vulcanus's surface, meaning even its maw would be highly resistant to thermal damage. Using rockets to tear it from inside, like Amatin did with Duritaneus, was out of question: there was no clear line of sight to the dragon's mouth or nostrils. Detonating the dragon's head would kill it far too fast and leave Amatin no time to get out of the dragon's grip and climb on top of the body, meaning he'd be crushed if he did so.

That left necromancy. While Amatin was sure he'd never win a battle of wills against this beast, the books mentioned several ways to influence a creature's mind and soul - some without confronting it directly.
One of them required nothing but a material base. In this method, the practicioner had to take a small chunk of their own soul, bind it to the material base like a soul jar and then physically expose the base to the target so as to override the former magical links of both the base and the soul inside and turn the soul identical to that of the target. Thus, by the Law of Contagion, anything happening to the soul inside the material base would happen to the target itself.
The upside of this method was that any artificial soul in an inanimate object has next to zero willpower, giving anyone who works with such a jar - even a drunken dabbler - a significant degree of control over it just by the virtue of them being so much stronger. The downside? It required the caster to tear off their soul in process, which was rarely a pleasant experience and, if done forcefully, would even rot off a part of their body. Still, Amatin had no choice in the matter, and so he got to work.

Use the abovementioned method to create a necromantic link to the dragon with the Silver Sword as a material base.

Use the link to sneak three ideas into the dragon's mind: that I am actually its hatchling, that I am still too young to fend for myself and that the dig site seems like an excellent place to form a nest.
In other words, have the dragon carry me to the dig site as it intended to, but make it guard my life instead of having me dangle limply from its claws, open to incoming fire from Van Buren's men.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:53:25 am by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 16, 2012, 11:21:27 am »

No matter what we do now, there's a certain chance Varron will die, and no matter what I do now, I will perceive this as my damn fault.

Assuming I shoot the dragon, even if the shot is not lethal, the dragon will become enraged. I'm certain that I can shoot it in a way that doesn't cause Varron to be crushed in the aftermath, but there's little telling what the dragon actually will do once shot. Will it turn around? Perform an emergency landing? Just keep on flying? I just have one shot.

There's however the possibility of the dragon, in one or the other way, being controlled by Van Buren. That would be a really damn unpleasant situation I just wouldn't want to risk.

But it's up to Amatin. If he thinks he can handle this situation, then so be it.

Text Amatin: "Should I shoot?"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 16, 2012, 12:53:53 pm »

Voice Message to Milia: "Nah, I got it. I'm binding the dragon right now. And please, use voice messages. Can't read with the dragon tossing me around."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 16, 2012, 01:02:07 pm »

"Opening fire! Use the herd as shields!" Kayle yelled, drawing her plasma bolter and shooting at one of the males. "And watch out for the males! They charge!"

Shoot the nearest Ravager male, and keep klathidons between myself and the enemy to slow them down and/or absorb projectiles.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 16, 2012, 01:45:08 pm »

Jaffar didn't like the situation. Getting torn apart by Ravagers was hardly more appealing than being sat upon by an overweight enraged Klathidon.

"Try not to injure the Klathidons if you can help it, as well. We'll get squished into jelly if the herd turns on us." he said calmly, aiming his new weapon...

Action: Take careful shots with my Clockwork Rifle-try to shoot at the males first, while not trying to hit the Klathidons.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 16, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »

"I think this planet used to be covered in water, or at least it once had rivers running through it. But why is there limestone in caverns, if it was in the form of Stalagmites, or Stalactites I might understand, but ..." Zakroff said as he leaped to his feet, and began to move further in. "Lets move quickly, somethings off here, and I don't want to stay long enough to find out why this place turned from what I assume to be a lush world to this."

Scan around quickly for any hints, or sign of danger. As well as searching for anything of use.

"You two sneak around the side, and flank the position. Stay out of sight for now, and just see what all they have, but if you get caught open fire, and I'll have my drone blast their defenses to pieces, and lay down some covering fire. Unless you guys ave a better plan?" Zakroff said as he knelt down, and placed his Spider Turret onto a nearby rock. He quickly fiddled with some controls, and the very soft sound of gears beginning to move, and sudden intake of air can be heard by the group.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:43:58 pm by adwarf »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 16, 2012, 11:09:55 pm »

Pull out my Gauss Rifle if not out, and fire at one of the Ravagers.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 17, 2012, 04:56:30 am »

Okay. Roger. Whoever that guy is.

Don't shoot for my first action, but wish Amatin luck as he'll most likely need it.

Zak? Planet is spiralling towards its sun more and more, if I caught that one right. That would explain the limestone, the climate was probably far more friendly once. The question is why it is on this orbit. Is it natural, or not?
Urgh. We shouldn't have expected easy going, but this smells like a trap. I'd have vastly preferred an open fight to this. Now, if this was trapped, where would this trap spring? Any loose threads behind us? Above us, even?

Second action: Pull out X-bow, scan the site thoroughly, then the fort itself through telescopic sight. Keep a somewhat loose trigger finger. (I am assuming that magic being unexplainable, better perception works even through telescopes or related stuff. After all, it's magic.)
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 107