Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Giant Badgers, badgermen... And now a named giant badger? Is that bad?  (Read 1877 times)

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

title says it all. Is it bad theres a named giant badger? Wat do, I only have one talented hammerdorf

Edit: He's comming right at my fortress and is enraged, I have no doors halp its gonna maul my dorfs
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:00:12 pm by Angel-of-Dusk »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Badgers, badgermen... And now a named giant badger? Is that bad?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

A named badger means the badger has several kills. Avoid the badgers and your dwarf should be fine. If the badgers attack... close your gate and minimize your losses. Giant badgers are the worst of the three badger types, and at about the same level per line as a couple of honey badgers. Beware the Badger.

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 06:57:07 pm »

So, I shouldn't try and take it with my hammerdorf? He has beat up countless badgermen and unicorns, how much tougher are giant badgers, and what of this named giant badger? Because, now Im really curious if I can go kill it.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »

I don't think that a named creature is stronger than a normal one, unless it's intelligent (because unintelligent creatures don't gain combat skills). I could be wrong.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:09:01 pm »

Named creatures aren't stronger because they're named; the name just means they have several kills. The fact that they have the ability to kill that much, though, usually means they will be stronger than their counterparts.

You can go try and kill the badgers if you want. Your hammerdwarf may or may not survive. They are stronger than badgermen, and there are more than with a unicorn or two, but individually they're weaker than unicorns. Sick the dwarf on the badgers if you want; I'll be interested to know the outcome.

Aatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 07:11:00 pm »

Whats its name, out of interest?

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 07:16:43 pm »

My hammerdorf was sent on his suicide mission, and it turns out, he killed the badger. He broke its skull, which tore the brain, after beating the crap out of its legs, and the best part there was no casualties no one important got hurt! Huzzah!

It's name is Edososust. Is that dwarven?

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 07:37:40 pm »

My hammerdorf was sent on his suicide mission, and it turns out, he killed the badger. He broke its skull, which tore the brain, after beating the crap out of its legs, and the best part there was no casualties no one important got hurt! Huzzah!

I found edos, which means amaze, and os, which means lie, but nothing more.

And he killed all of the giant badgers by himself? Cool dwarf. Better than my hammerdwarf, who got gutted by a giant olm, which then got killed by dogs, and then stayed in bed while a cave croc attacked, killed half a dozen dwarves, and was then killed by dogs.

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 07:48:12 pm »

I found edos, which means amaze, and os, which means lie, but nothing more.

And he killed all of the giant badgers by himself? Cool dwarf. Better than my hammerdwarf, who got gutted by a giant olm, which then got killed by dogs, and then stayed in bed while a cave croc attacked, killed half a dozen dwarves, and was then killed by dogs.

His first kill was crushing a badgermans skull in with his fist and not his hammer for some reason. He also broke the badgermans legs before doing so

ohgoditburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 08:04:50 pm »

I started my fort with two military - one axedwarf, and one hammerdwarf. They did pretty well, killing off an entire tribe of panda men (one of which, unfortunately, got to one of the civilians and bit his hand off, leading to death due to bleeding out.)

Then the Giant Badgers showed up. The hammerdwarf smashed the skull of one, and lopped off the head of another, and then the axedwarf got knocked over by an engraged giant badger, which proceeded to remove all of his limbs, one by one.

For reference, these dwarves had shields, but no armor.
The landscape routinely being soaked in flammable fluids somehow seems less than benevolent.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:10 pm »

I wonder how my modded-in Badgerdwarves will fare against a giant badger? >:D
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 10:35:01 pm »

I wonder how my modded-in Badgerdwarves will fare against a giant badger? >:D
Do they rage at every non-dwarf in view?

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:53 pm »

Pretty much.  I had one chase down a fox, bite it in the tail, and proceed to shake it around violently until the fox's tail came off.  He then clawed and bit it to death.  This was an unskilled badgerdwarf.

Edit: In the Arena, it took 3 unskilled Badgerdwarves to kill a Giant Badger.  Two of those dwarves lost their lives, the third was heavily injured. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:26:54 pm by Crustypeanut »
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:49 am »

Then how would... Giant Badgerdwarves work?  :o

Wait... Giant Badgerdwarves...

Doesn't seem to work  :(

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: [1] 2