Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Girlinhat: Adequate Metal Crafter  (Read 19033 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Girlinhat: Adequate Metal Crafter
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 10:48:03 pm »

I'ma watch dis. For science, and engineeering. Sorta. Maybe. i dunno.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 10:48:20 pm »

Thank you!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 10:53:40 pm »

I like that guy in the first video.

After watching some bit more about this, I believe I might join you in chainmailing small things, Girlinhat.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:03:10 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 06:29:33 am »

Just a question. Does anyone know if it is at all possible for chainmail to be counted as 'soft body armour'? Because if it is, it's illegal for me under the prohibited weapons act for my territory.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 08:11:01 am »

First, that's a stupid law. Second, I doubt it. It's made of steel, so it'd be pretty hard, just flexible. If it was made of something stupid, like gold, which is soft, maybe, but it'd be excessively heavy and completely useless.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 08:38:38 am »

Well, from what I understand, the law is meant to ban things such as kevlar vests and the like. It notably does not include tactical body armour, so if you managed to get some of that, you could wear it no problem.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 08:49:42 am »

I want to say that it would e considered hard, because it's metal, compared to kevlar which is a particular type of cloth.  Even if it were gold mail, it'd still be stiff metal compared to soft fabric.  But, I have no idea what area your in nor am I an expert on the stuff, so consult someone else before you attempt anything.  I'm also in awe though, that armor would be illegal.  I can understand a ban on guns/knives/etc, but it just seems sublimely idiotic to make personal defense illegal.  Anyone know the rationale behind that?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:36 am »

Well, presumably so the people who do break the law don't have a legal way to protect themselves from policemen (who over here in Australia have nothing more than pistols, if that.) who might be forced to take them down. Among other things, crossbows produced after 1900 are banned, but not those produced before. Slingshots which do NOT use a brace are legal, as are handcannons. In fact, I think that normal cannons are not banned either. Yeah...

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:55 am »

...ok

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2011, 08:56:00 am »

Yeah. Blowguns are banned, however, as are all tubes through which a projectile is projected by means other than gunpowder.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 08:58:38 am »

Yeah. Blowguns are banned, however, as are all tubes through which a projectile is projected by means other than gunpowder.

How does one give an injection in a hospital?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 09:00:47 am »

I believe they have a prohibited weapons permit  :P

Hmmm... I've found a loophole. How feasible is it to create a flick knife which operated through magnetic means? Presumably two magnets of the same pole, one connected to the blade, one in the handle, and a slip to keep it from coming out before it's wanted....that would be legal.

I have found one legal reference, which states that butchers must wear chainmail.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 09:01:13 am »

Syringes don't deliver a projectile. At least, I hope they don't.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 09:02:44 am »

Anyway. Distracting from Girlinhat's awesome chainmail skills. Let's get back to worshipping them.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 09:18:46 am »

Syringes don't deliver a projectile. At least, I hope they don't.

I, uh, should stop skimming things. Also, think of a different counterexample.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13