Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Cult!  (Read 3726 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2011, 06:51:20 pm »

Global conquest takes mucho dinero, mi amigo. The bank should be a prime target for this, as there are many irresponsible things one can do with the cash of others, but all "attacks" on it should be... subtle. Masked as friendly if need be. We must learn if the owner of the bank has any hobbies of interest, such as golf or poker.

If the hobby is athletic then we shall try to take the play area, and invite the owner to a game. His opponent is to be a charismatic and attractive person of the opposite gender, who shall be taught everything about the bank's owner. Intense training will be required to create the ultimate seducer, who seems to match mind and soul with our target. The owner shall marry this perfect spouse, even if it means divorcing another. It should be easy enough to induce a break-up if need be. Finally the owner must be killed somehow, so that his newer spouse, our agent, can take over.

If it is a game such as poker, and the bank owner is especially susceptible to gambling, then another path opens. The same charismatic person of the opposite gender shall still be sent, so as to leave the above option as a possibility. They shall also become masters of the game, as well as the sort of trickery that can make an invincible player. With utmost deception (and alcohol), we shall make the owner gamble the rights to his own bank, and win it.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2011, 06:55:42 pm »

Wut?

Wrong game?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2011, 06:57:13 pm »

Wut?

Wrong game?
No, what peglegpengeuin posted is exactly what I'm looking for.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 06:58:22 pm »

After rereading his post, I agree. It's a good idea.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 07:07:38 pm »

(Indeed. I'm writing an update and first turn post now but keep posting if you like. I'll incorporate anything you post into the update.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 08:36:01 pm »

"Your orders will be made known my Lords." The adviser bows and exits the room, leaving the shadow council in silence.

--- Turn 1 ---

A week has passed, largely uneventful. The adviser provides a report on the current disposition of the Cultists.

Two cultists are scouting the Barrow Downs for possible clandestine meeting locations.
-They will be back next turn

Three cultists are maintaining a watch on the Prancing Pony Inn to gather information from travelers passing by and to keep an eye on the owner.
-The cultists overheard several rumors of something happening down south. Travelers coming up the Greenway have spoken of heightened tensions and increased trade restrictions, but have no specifics.
-The owner of the Inn, Barliman Butterbur, is absent-minded and rather ordinary. He seems to have no extraordinary vices beyond the drink he serves at his bar. The men are watching carefully.
-One patron of note is a ranger known as Strider who stops by the inn every few days. He sits alone each time, nurses an ale and a smoke, and then leaves after several hours.

One cultist has been compelled to join the town militia and is undergoing training.
-Training for the militia is a disorganized mess. It will take the cultist several weeks to complete the training and even longer to become an established part of the militia.

One cultist has been assigned to tail the bank manager, a Mister James Varrin.
-The bank manager is quite a busy man, making rounds every day to see his clients. He also has quite an active night life, filled with women and drink. He often frequents an expensive establishment called the Two Feather Inn, a house of ill repute on the city's southern side. We have gained information on the Two Feather Inn.

We looked into moving some loyal members into government but were unsuccessful. We will need more information about the political structure to identify possible useful openings.

Spoiler: Personnel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supplies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Two Feather Inn (click to show/hide)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 08:45:30 pm »

" We must find more scrolls in the catacombs, so search it some more and also tell the cultists watching the Prancing Pony to watch for a group of hobbits."
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 09:15:45 pm »

wait..wait... this is set in the LOTR universe...

Look for any sign of hobbits

Get our scribes and archivist to conduct studies in the library. Record any useful or interesting information.

Get a cultists to open a small bank account.

Get two cultists to preach about the good word of our God, Tazandam the Redeemer (the aspect known to the commoners and fools).

Next time Strider comes, watch him. If any hobbits, warn them that there are many dangers. Tell them not to sleep in the inn. Protect them and make sure no danger comes. We must make sure Middle-Earth does not fall else Sauron shall rule this world rather than Tazandam.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:27:19 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 09:27:50 pm »

"I heartily support those actions good lord."
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 09:33:13 pm »

(I like how everyone assumes they know what will happen just because I mentioned Strider. This could be set at any point in the timeline, before the events of the Hobbit or after Sauron is destroyed.)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 09:34:42 pm »

posting to watch
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 09:37:58 pm »

Also I vote that our cult be called the Church of the Redeemer. The Shadow Council and True Followers will be called the Worshippers of the True God
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 09:39:47 pm »

Get two cultists to preach about the good word of our God, Tazandam the Redeemer (the aspect known to the commoners and fools).
How shall this preaching be done? Overtly or Covertly?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2011, 09:40:31 pm »

If its after Sauron's dead, then why would Stride be here? Shouldn't he be in Gondor? If this is before the hobbit business, then ask him if he knows any crypts or abandoned structures or caves in the area. Say we're trying to find information about the surrounding landscape.

(Strider is Aragorn right? I don't remember well.)

Preaching should be done overtly. Preach about a active god wiling to forgive anyone and giving a beautiful paradise to those who die. Only preach to poor and down-trodden.

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2011, 09:41:27 pm »

((OOC: We're a cult-by our very definiton, we won't be accepted openly until we're stronger..))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5