Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Cult!  (Read 3719 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cult!
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2011, 09:43:42 pm »

If its after Sauron's dead, then why would Stride be here? Shouldn't he be in Gondor? If this is before the hobbit business, then ask him if he knows any crypts or abandoned structures or caves in the area. Say we're trying to find information about the surrounding landscape.
(Don't assume everything will unfold exactly as presented in the books. After all, there was no cult in Bree in the books.)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2011, 09:44:08 pm »

(Strider is Aragorn)
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2011, 09:46:57 pm »

Ninja'd three times in a row on the same thread danmit. :'(
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 10:04:07 pm »

I was ninja'd eight times on one thread once. This thread is a ninja hideout me thinks.

Also I need to post this

the PLURAL of ninja is..........ninja. Just had to say that.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 10:13:16 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2011, 10:38:01 pm »

Dwarim we could be somewhat open our god is somewhat known to the locals atleast.

ninja'd sounds cooler
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2011, 11:01:05 pm »

Mind if I join this council?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 01:05:26 am »

Sure why not?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 03:55:05 am »

Ok then...can we send one of our acolytes to infiltrate the town hall?  Also, may I ask a question?  Exactly what purpose does the town hall serve?

Some other questions:

What are our ritual objects, items and weapons?

How can we recruit more acolytes?

What are our religious practices and rituals? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 04:02:20 am »

I cant answer on what supplies we have but I'll try your other questions

I guess we can recruit acolytes by preaching the 'Good Word'. Although most people here only know our god as the Redeemer not the Deceiver so we must choose carefully who shall know the True Aspect of our god.

I don't think I can really provide answers for our rituals either. But I guess that Tazandam appreciates complex plots and mechanisms as worship.

The town hall is probably the local court as well as the place where all the paperwork of the town is done.

All the above is a guess. You'll have to wait for forsaken to reply for an accurate answer
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 04:08:17 am »

Ok, I have another question: Does anyone ( other than me ) want to assassinate Strider?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2011, 04:51:39 am »

I would'nt know the impacts of such an action. Need more information on this world. We need to know the affairs of those in power. We need to know if Strider is important. We must scheme and learn.

In short, not until we know more.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2011, 04:52:11 am »

I would'nt know the impacts of such an action. Need more information on this world. We need to know the affairs of those in power. We need to know if Strider is important. We must scheme and learn.

In short, not until we know more.

Agreed.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:54:25 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2011, 04:55:58 am »

Have some cultists gain information in the town hall. Ask around about Strider.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2011, 05:55:14 am »

Ok then...can we send one of our acolytes to infiltrate the town hall?
You tried that last turn but you have no information about Bree's political structure beyond basic facts and those who have attempted it have found it an endless maze of bureaucracy and doubletalk. The politicians of Bree have things well in hand and are resistant to new players, though it is possible. You may need to find someone better at diplomacy and politics to attain this goal.

Exactly what purpose does the town hall serve?
The Town Hall is the center of government in Bree. For information on the location, cultists will have to perform some surveillance. The city council and Bree-land governing council meet here regularly, and it also serves as a court house for any criminal courts which take place.

What are our ritual objects, items and weapons?
The ritual objects are the minimum necessary to carry out worship of Tazandam the Treacherous. I've kept it abstract but if you wish to detail what these are, feel free. It is whatever common items you could come up with from the possessions of the cultists to serve purposes such as candles, incense and the like. You do not have everything you need, but enough to continue at a basic level. They're all pretty shabby though, and in bad shape. The weapons are similarly things you could find among the cultist's homes, kitchen knives and farming implements. They will help some should you get into an armed conflict, but not much.

How can we recruit more acolytes?
Certainly, though the results will depend heavily on how your cult is presented.

What are our religious practices and rituals?
The religious practices are up to you. The cult has not uncovered any rituals yet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2011, 07:58:10 am »

In that case, we should try to recruit ( or at the least influence ) a local politician.  This politician should be small time, not big enough to be noticed by everyone, but with enough of a political foothold to rise up to the ranks.  We must keep him or her loyal though.

Also, keep searching the catacombs for anything about our god Tazandam, along with the library and everything else.

Oh, and continue to learn more about Strider and have some of our acolytes discreetly follow him, but not to the point where they're obvious. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5