Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a specific embark  (Read 897 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Looking for a specific embark
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:57 am »

I want a lot of open, wide caves below And I want as many caves as possible.

In addition I want flux stone and iron, and a Volcano.

Finally I want as few Z-levels as possible.

Anyone got input on how to make a embark like this, or have a seed?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a specific embark
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 12:43:27 pm »

You can customize your world gen params to make something like that.  Set min volcanism a bit higher (40ish) and crank the variance to max.  This should make getting flux AND a volcano easier.  Then tweak the cavern openness params.  Finally set the min required volcanism params to 0 so you don't get infinite rejections.  You should get an ideal embark after a few tries.  I've made more than a few forts that way.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a specific embark
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:13:12 pm »

You can customize your world gen params to make something like that.  Set min volcanism a bit higher (40ish) and crank the variance to max.  This should make getting flux AND a volcano easier.  Then tweak the cavern openness params.  Finally set the min required volcanism params to 0 so you don't get infinite rejections.  You should get an ideal embark after a few tries.  I've made more than a few forts that way.

Explain the minimum volcanism part if you please. I got 2000+ rejects
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]