Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Amazing deals on GamersGate  (Read 1458 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Amazing deals on GamersGate
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:33:48 am »

I just wanted to point out a few extremely cheap deals on some good games on GamersGate.
97% off on;
Space empires IV
Space empires V
Disciples platinum(Disciples 1+expansions, Disciples 2+expansions.)

Which brings them down to about 30-80cents/20-50p each. Good way to spend any small amounts of blue coins you've built up.
There's a new summer sale starting and probably more classic games at -97%, tell us if you find any.

Turns out that was an error, it's now a lot less cheap. Sorry if you missed it.

Jagged alliance 1 and Jagged alliance 2 gold are on offer (-70%, £1.29/~$2.50 for the first and £5/~$9 for the second).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:01:02 am by Cheese »

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing deals on GamersGate
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 07:36:48 am »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:23:51 am »

Hmm... Disciples is the only one really relevant to my interests. Is it any good? :D

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:51 am »

81 cents/50ishp/810 blue coins for 2 games and their expansions. I've heard good things about it, so you may as well just get it if you're interested.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 09:22:09 am »

... wow. Those are some serious discounts. Lots of stuff for 97% off.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:09:33 am »

Apparently those were mistakes and have been fixed

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:28:21 am »

Argh 13 pages of Offers, I'm already behind in games :p
Some decent stuff:
Evil Genius $3.98
Jagged Alliance II Gold $5.98 (+ the fanmade rewrite on Bears Pit = totally awesome)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 11:32:02 am »

Never used gamersgate before, the website is ... different.
Going to pick up Empire Earth Gold (I) and Pathologic for $4.88

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 11:55:21 am »

Never used gamersgate before, the website is ... different.
They recently changed it for some reason unknown, the good thing about it is that you can download your games unlimitedly on however many computers you want, though there are some games which by default have their own DRM like Steam and the warning isn't exactly obvious.

I'm disappointed I missed out on the greatest deals on the internet. What other websites sell games for 97% off?

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 11:25:43 pm »

I picked up some games I'd never really heard of before for under a buck. Some interesting obscure titles for under 80 cents.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 02:46:14 am »

Well I can say Empire Earth hasn't aged as good as I thought. It's not terrible and it's still a great RTS but theres some burning flaws that are really ruining my nostalgia trip

The AI pathfinding is terrible, the graphics are pretty sloppy and the worst of all is the inaility to zoom out very far meaning you stuck looking at the very low res buildings and units.
The expansion (which I never had before) isn't nearly as good as the orginal game and the Space Age seems like a joke to me (seriously Cyber Ninjas?).

I wanted to make a gigantic map with all ages, a modded population limit of 13,000, a couple AIs and just play through the game making giant bases and armies. Finding this near impossible when I can only see 1/10th of my army and none of the enemies'.

Looked everywhere for a mod or hack to change this but apparently nobody has figured it out. Atleast AoE2 had a massive viewpoint of the map with a high resoultion.

Hopefully Pathologic won't be too bad.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 06:06:49 am »

Pathologic is both the best and the worst game I have ever played.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 08:52:07 am »

I just got Tropico 3 Gold ( includes the add-on) for 61 pence ( used some left over blue coins and bought another 1k to cover it )

but on offer at the moment for 3 quid.

Never played it before but looks fun all the same, so cant wait to finish work.  ;)
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 10:26:39 am »

Tropico 3 is good fun. It's a bit like Dwarf Fortress that if you know what you're doing it can be very easy.

There are some few problems. Tourism is a bit bugged and tourists refuse to drive.
The military part of the game doesn't really have much depth and can be quite hard since you have no control over your soldiers, best to avoid rebels all together.
Islands are a bit small and unless you bump them up to their max height you'll find that area to build thing will be one of your biggest foes.

I found one of the easiest ways to start the game is with the booze baron trait, work on mining first, get enough money to make a small stable community then focus almost all your time and effort into getting a working Rum industry. You'll have cash coming out of your ears.  :)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »

Hopefully Pathologic won't be too bad.

Pathologic is well known to be BROKEN.

But some people get some amazing things out of it.

RPS had a three part review retrospective of it, talking mostly about the thoughtful and creative storyline.  The first part can be read without too many spoilers.  There are definitely spoilers in that article, but… they're not fundamental ones.  Mostly.

I'll never play the game, ever.  I no longer have patience to work around broken game mechanics or bugs.  But I loved reading that article, it was mind-blowing.
Pages: [1] 2