Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cancels store item in stockpile: item inaccessible  (Read 1384 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Cancels store item in stockpile: item inaccessible
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »

Im getting MAD spam of this message. I have no idea what they are trying to retrieve. Is there ANY way to find out?
Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cancels store item in stockpile: item inaccessible
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 08:47:10 pm »

Do you have burrows enabled? If so, that's likely the problem. Remove the burrow designation, they'll do the task, and you can see what it is.

Apart from micromanaging and/or scouring the map, there's no real way to know what the issue is. Check what stockpiles might need filled but have inaccessable items.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 09:06:48 pm »

LOSING MY SANITY HERE

I CANT FIND IT, ARMOK HELP ME!

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 09:55:04 pm »

FFFAFASFASFASFAF

Okay I have located the TYPE of item. Its a REFUSE type of item, because refuse gathering has been disabled for all but one dwarf. But the job appears and gets canceled super fast. Any ideas?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 10:08:46 pm »

Something stuck on a tree / roof or in a fortification?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 10:40:50 pm »

I give up. Ive tried to do "." one step until the job appears. But the cancelled refuse job never shows up in the job list!

Gonna put DF and the fort on hold until someone can help me with this. Will watch forums.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 10:59:57 pm »

The job cancellation is from a dwarf not being able to reach the item he wants - the most likely, and common, explaination of this is that he's stuck in a burrow.  If its not that, then the object is out of reach and he cannot get to it, but he still needs to get to it - like say, an owned piece of clothing or object, etc.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 11:40:38 pm »

Its a piece of refuse

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 12:00:18 am »

Kill the dwarf.

karloss99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 02:42:07 am »

Had CRAZY spam of this message soon after embarking on a cave.

could be linked with the bug that some cavern creatures are "Visible" to you dwarfs before actually getting down there...

f.e. I had a "deceased" Trologyte somewhere in the unexplored parts of the cavern.

JTH

• Bay Watcher
  • Selemat Pagi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 04:21:44 am »

I had some dead bodies of merchants that had turned to skeletons when the spam became unbearable. I gave up on finding the bodies ages ago, so when my announcements box looks like "Urist McWhereduhbaudeeh cancels Place in Tomb: Item inaccessible x20" I just went to the manager and turned off job cancellation announcements. Now I just have to be extra careful and check reports every blue moon to make sure noone is getting mauled by a crundle.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 02:59:18 pm »

Forbid all refuse items via the stocks screen. Reclaim via the stocks screen until the spam starts again. Unforbid all the other refuse types, reforbid the problem type and go looking for the exact item(s). Every candidate will show up in bright green on the designation screen.

Or, if you have the time, dump and destroy all refuse items. Whatever your dwarves can't reach will be left in the stocks screen, which narrows the field considerably. Once you've figured out where the problem is and made a note of it, force-quit. From there you can either forbid it manually, or figure out a way to recover it.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.