Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Lack of Info  (Read 5587 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Lack of Info
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

actualy my keyboard hates me and sometimes misses letters

And it also causes you to disregard capitalization and punctuation, and make run-on sentences?

The main cause of Sue-ism in newbie writers is the desire to have a "special" and "perfect" character. You're going about it the wrong way; you're just going to end up with a big sparkly empty shell of a character that no-one can stand. Make the character's personality individual, not their appearance.

Do not make me come over there and recite poetry on your ass.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 11:28:34 pm »

Did somebody say Mary Sue!?

Player: Krath
Name: Gary Stu
Description: An ordinary guy of ordinary height and weight, with medium length brown hair and eyes.
Bio: An average Joe with no particular aspirations.
Job: Works at the post office.
Year of Origin: 2011
Weapon: His own mediocrity bludgeons anyone with special powers like a sledgehammer.
Abilities: Ordinary Boring Dude Really Ordinary
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 11:30:36 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 01:36:49 am »

Start first posts now
You all wake up in a tall room,
New info gained
So, when are we going to be told exactly what we just signed up for?
As the game goes along also
“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:18:41 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 02:59:03 am »

If you have a problem with my character I have literaly NO investment in it as I said, I just coppied it from a novel I enjoyed, that said if you don't I will do my best to make the character enjoyable

Since you say tall i will assume there is at least enough light to see shapes

After the initial reaction of panic to just awakening in a small room subside, sorrow reminded herself that He was dead and could not use her again. She decided to furthur explore the room, she did not trust her mouth after that panic to talk to the other people she could see

P.S. that took almost as much time editing to deal with all the typos and missed letters, as writing it in the first place did I realy need a new keyboard
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 03:06:14 am »

If you have a problem with my character I have literaly NO investment in it as I said, I just coppied it from a novel I enjoyed, that said if you don't I will do my best to make the character enjoyable

Since you say tall i will assume there is at least enough light to see shapes

After the initial reaction of panic to just awakening in a small room subside, sorrow reminded herself that He was dead and could not use her again. She decided to furthur explore the room, she did not trust her mouth after that panic to talk to the other people she could see

P.S. that took almost as much time editing to deal with all the typos and missed letters, as writing it in the first place did I realy need a new keyboard
if you want to change you can and i will keep you in the game just edit your last post to show your new character sheet
also as this is the first roll to dodge as GM please try to put your characters name in your post
Notes on Optional stat:
in every game that i make the character sheet it will include optional
using Optional could get you a perk but when a option is taken it cannot be used again.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:22:19 am by NoahTophatz »
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 06:25:28 am »

Mew cutely and try to get somebody to pick her up.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 06:28:38 am »

Mew cutely and try to get somebody to pick her up.
/pick up Mittens and put her in a cat cage for failing to mention the characters name. Events are not canon here
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:08:20 am by NoahTophatz »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 06:32:02 am »

i picked up my cat just then

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2011, 07:38:29 am »

Mittens mews a few more times then curls up into a ball to take a nap in the cage - dreaming cat dreams about sitting on warm laps while being pet.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 07:49:43 am »

Mittens mews a few more times then curls up into a ball to take a nap in the cage - dreaming cat dreams about sitting on warm laps while being pet.
can't resist must not pat cat "sigh"
i open the cage and pat the cat after putting her on my lap

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2011, 07:55:41 am »

((instead of replying after looking up a link i have now closed this tab about 3 times, let me try again ... ))

Skizzia makes sure the walls are not made out of metal or contain dangerous amounts of Narrativum. If they don't"Whoever you guys are, stand aside." - She blasts a hole in the wall with a concentrated bolt of Lightning.

PS: currently at work, back in 4 hours
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2011, 08:17:43 am »

Suddenly, I know how Dermonster feels.

LIBERTY PRIME stands up and says,
"DESIGNATION: LIBERTY PRIME. MISSION: PROTECT UNITED STATES MILITARY INTRESTS. WEAPONS SYSTEMS: FUNCTIONAL.
OBSTACLE DETECTED. ANALYZING STRUCTURE."
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:14 am »

Snip

if you want to change you can and i will keep you in the game just edit your last post to show your new character sheet
also as this is the first roll to dodge as GM please try to put your characters name in your post
Notes on Optional stat:
using Optional could get you a perk but when a option is taken it cannot be used again.

i dont want to change as making a character still takes effort but i wont mind it if everyone else hates my character just sayin
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2011, 08:45:16 am »

based on the rolls i have been getting so far fun happens to you, no changing what you want to do now,  two more peoples moves needed
i need
Player:NRDL
Name:J. Jonah Jameson
and
Player: Draignean
Name: Grutty Peen

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2011, 09:01:13 am »

Snip

Notes on Optional stat:

i dont want to change as making a character still takes effort but i wont mind it if everyone else hates my character just sayin

let me give you a quote:
Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt.  ~José Ortega y Gassett

also: you will mind. "just sayin"
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4