Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 350

Author Topic: The Generic Computer Advice Thread  (Read 552482 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: The Generic Computer Advice Thread
« Reply #765 on: June 01, 2014, 07:01:13 pm »

Question for you all: Does anyone know a way to pull SMS/Text messages from a phone (android) to pc? I may need to do so for court.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 02, 2014, 08:37:53 am »

I know you can email to text message addresses, assuming you find out what it is, or reply to a email sending you a text from your phone's texting function, but I don't know if you can pull out the messages.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kinglog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • mpmarimba
« Reply #767 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:49 pm »

My provider (Verizon) keeps three months of text activity online - when I thought I had to do this I would log in every few months and copy everything to a file on my computer - you may want to see if you can do something similar. Not sure if this would have been admissible in court as I ended up not having to use it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 02, 2014, 02:30:18 pm »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smeiti.smstotext
I haven't tried this but this will export all your sms messages to either a text or csv file.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:41 pm »

Question for you all: Does anyone know a way to pull SMS/Text messages from a phone (android) to pc? I may need to do so for court.

There are also forensics tools that can directly pull them from the phone. A quick Google search brought this one up. but I'm not sure how difficult they are to use.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 03, 2014, 01:23:40 am »

There are also forensics tools that can directly pull them from the phone. A quick Google search brought this one up. but I'm not sure how difficult they are to use.
They aren't but that one costs money while mine is free.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 03, 2014, 05:41:24 am »

They aren't but that one costs money while mine is free.

Huh. I could have sworn the website said it was free. Ick, yeah, do that!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 03, 2014, 11:15:40 am »

Take screenshots of them in Android or just type them out.

Or copy and paste them in Android from sms and email them to yourself.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 03, 2014, 11:27:04 am »

Its very simple to copy your sms messages over to somewhere. For to be court admissible, they might require some expert to extract it out though so best check with a lawyer just in case.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 03, 2014, 11:56:36 am »

Thanks all. Wound up not having to use them.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 07, 2014, 10:06:53 pm »

I recently received my video card back from ASUS for the second time, allegedly having been repaired. This time it runs for a short while, properly, before the screen begins to flicker black every few seconds. This will continue for a while before the card gives out, showing only occasional noise. GPU-Z indicates it's not getting over 50C during this.

I suspect that the card just isn't fixed (there's been an improvement, it used to crash almost immediately) since this computer works great with a similar card I borrowed. I also downloaded the latest appropriate drivers.

However, I'd really like to find out that this is my fault and reparable. Is there any driver/clock setting I may have missed which would result in these symptoms?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 08, 2014, 01:47:56 am »

I recently received my video card back from ASUS for the second time, allegedly having been repaired. This time it runs for a short while, properly, before the screen begins to flicker black every few seconds. This will continue for a while before the card gives out, showing only occasional noise. GPU-Z indicates it's not getting over 50C during this.

I suspect that the card just isn't fixed (there's been an improvement, it used to crash almost immediately) since this computer works great with a similar card I borrowed. I also downloaded the latest appropriate drivers.

However, I'd really like to find out that this is my fault and reparable. Is there any driver/clock setting I may have missed which would result in these symptoms?
i assume sufficient power?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 08, 2014, 11:25:42 am »

I havea 550 watt supply. I'm pretty sure that should be more than enough. The card is a radeon HD 7790, Ive tested a 7770 on the same rig and it ran great. The 7790 uses a little more power but not much.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 08, 2014, 04:44:16 pm »

You really have to look at the 12v rating of the power supply and its connectors, 550w is gonna be right at the margins for a 7790 if it's a no-name PSU.  A real quick google says  an MSI 7790 needs 21A of 12V, make SURE your PSU can supply that to the power connector for the card.  ie it's conceivable that the PSU has enough *total* 12v rating, but it could be split over multiple rails - well worth making sure that's not the case before trying anything harder...

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 08, 2014, 06:30:50 pm »

Equally importantly, the output on cheap psus drops massively after only a few years of use.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 350