Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 350

Author Topic: The Generic Computer Advice Thread  (Read 553689 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: The Generic Computer Advice Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2012, 05:55:54 pm »

What resolution and what settings are you planning to use?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2012, 06:10:10 pm »

I always run my games with the lowest possible settings, mainly because I prioritize performance over appearance. And yet even with this, GTA IV and AC2 still have massive amounts of lag that ruin the game for me. AC2 doing this was easier for me to handle because it was a gift, but I spent good money on GTA4 and I refuse to have it be wasted. It really depresses me that I probably need a high-end graphics card to run most modern games nowadays, especially because I'm certain that it'll cost a good amount more than $50. I'm probably a naive idiot for even considering the possibility of such a bargain.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2012, 07:07:27 pm »

50 bucks is bascially just buying a hdmi card now and its not worth it for gaming, save that cash and double it and grab yourself either a HD7750 or a GTX550 TI

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2012, 07:32:52 pm »

Well shit. Oh well, my dad will hopefully be getting me a graphics card for Christmas if I'm lucky. Thanks anyway. :3
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2012, 10:04:18 pm »

So currently, Firefox is unable to connect to a majority of websites. When I attempt to connect to a website, Google for an example, it will load for a few seconds and act as if I'm not connected to the internet. I figured that it was an issue with firefox, so I started up Internet Explorer to google a solution to this problem. The thing is, Internet Explorer couldn't connect either and told me it was a problem with connecting to the DNS server. For the hell of it, I tried clearing my cache in Firefox. It worked for about a minute before not being able to connect to a website again. After that, I checked to see if something switched the settings for firefox to use a proxy (Since I've had a virus which did this, it would tell you your computer was infected and the internet wouldn't work until you payed them to get rid of it.), nothing wrong with that and firefox wasn't set to use a proxy. I honestly have no idea what to do, and I can't really google anything since the only website I can seem to go on is Bay12.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2012, 01:30:29 am »

Are you at a college that would have a filter prone to breaking things?

Or, are you using your ISP's DNS or an alternate like Google DNS? It could be a ISP problem, not on your end.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 23, 2012, 03:23:32 am »

Not at a college, but the problems stopped a bit ago. Must of been an ISP problem, which is odd because even though I have comcast (Which is the shittiest ISP ever.) I never have any DNS problems.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vespulan

• Bay Watcher
  • HARRRRRRRR Vespulan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2012, 03:40:58 am »

I'm thinking about buying a graphics card with the $50 I just got but I doubt I can finally run Assassin's Creed II and Grand Theft Auto IV without dishing out a good amount more than $50. Is it possible?
Do you know which one you're interested in?  It's not just the resolution that changes how well the game runs, it's the amount of VRAM (Video Memory) the Graphics card has, the clock speed, it's compatibility with DirectX etc.  If you could post a link then it would be easier to say :) 

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2012, 09:07:47 pm »

Not at a college, but the problems stopped a bit ago. Must of been an ISP problem, which is odd because even though I have comcast (Which is the shittiest ISP ever.) I never have any DNS problems.
Just because you never have the problem doesn't mean they aren't havening it. ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2012, 09:15:27 pm »

Question. I downloaded Steam and spent 35 bucks on games during the sale. Not thinking much of it, I happily went to test out Terraria... who refused to open. Tracking the error down to the singular file, it looks like I need to update my .NET framework... which I've done... repeatedly... to no avail.

GIANT STRING OF EXPLETIVES.

So now what do? The microsoft .net fixer has done nothing. I need solutions, real solutions, that can actually get this fucking update working.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2012, 09:21:30 pm »

You have both .NET 3 and .NET 4, correct? (and 3.5, and the other ones in the middle)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »

I am led to believe so by every other attempt I've ever made at this including the one I'm making now.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2012, 10:09:33 pm »

ok which os are you running on?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2012, 10:14:30 pm »

Windows 7 Home Premium.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »

32 or 64-bit?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 350