Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A new ice age in adventurer mode  (Read 405 times)

Munkee

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
A new ice age in adventurer mode
« on: June 30, 2007, 10:56:00 pm »

Hi, love the game, new to the forums, etc. On with the bug.

I actually only just got into adventurer mode for the first time a few days ago, and quickly got my ass handed to me.  On my second run, I wandered into a town to look for recruits and everything was progressing as normal when night fell and all hell broke loose.

Every living thing in town, the peasants, the children, the animals, the drunk I had just recruited, the mayor, and even the guards, suddenly fell down and gave into pain.  Almost all of them died within 5 steps or so.  As I walked around, I was constantly assaulted by messages of "You are freezing!", and when I checked the temperature it was "deathly cold".  I finally gave in and wandered into a shop to sleep on the floor.  I was interrupted in my sleep a split second later to find myself bleeding critically, winded, and in pain.  I died after two steps.

On my third run, I got slaughtered by a horde of undead in some desert ruins, shortly after which night fell and everything there froze to death in very short order too, including the skeletal pikemaster I was supposed to kill.  Of note is that everyone in the village bled to death, while the skeletons and zombies froze to death, presumably because they can't bleed/don't need blood.

This doesn't always happen, though, I've visited several other places during the night and not had any problems, and even when I entered one town during a snowstorm nobody was affected.  I think the trigger is in the day-to-night change while not on the map.

Sounds a bit like bug 262, only not, so I'm curious.

[ June 30, 2007: Message edited by: Munkee ]

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: A new ice age in adventurer mode
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

Huh, you should have stopped freezing if you went inside. The AI forgets to do that and will usually die at such extreme temperatures.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 06:11:00 pm »

It isn't any warmer inside building right now, I think.  There isn't much for the townspeople to do right now, and it'll be handled sometime.  Things like the undead and so on haven't been handled either, mostly.  There's just a lot left to do.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 07:11:00 pm »

So you're just going to let the townspeople freeze to death?

YAY Toady is not a humanitarian!!!

PNB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 10:57:00 pm »

has never happened to me.
HY DO THE DOGS KEEP EXPLODING?

Will

• Bay Watcher
  • Carp Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »

happened to me a once or twice so I looted all the shops and ran. speaking of which will weather and temp effects ever effect the planer in travel mode or is that not relevant with the map being in on piece now?

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Pnx:
<STRONG>So you're just going to let the townspeople freeze to death?

YAY Toady is not a humanitarian!!!</STRONG>

Huh, I just might have to give Toady steely cold stares until he ups the thermostat!

:cool:

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

Travel mode has a lot of "place holder" qualities, not just with temperature, but with eating, drinking, healing, etc.  I'll handle it all over time.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!