Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armor size affects defense?  (Read 393 times)

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Armor size affects defense?
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »

I'm just wondering, if we have a leather armor that's to fit a size 100000 and compare it to one that's meant to fit a size 10000, will there be a difference in the defense it gives?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Armor size affects defense?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »

I think this would be better suited for the modding boards. But anyways, it will protect the same amount. However, it will probably be labelled as 'large' and thus unwearable by your smaller creature.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:33:22 pm »

Maybe it would be. It's modding related yet has to do with something in vanilla.
Might explain why an ettin's leather armor deflects steel consistently for example, which is only possible by modding. But at the same time it could prove that humans have better armor even though it's lower quality...
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:39:11 pm »

i seem to remember reading something about larger armors spreading the energy of the impact.  something like how hitting larger creatures causes less damage.

i'm not 100% on this as i dont have it sitting in front of me at the moment, and i forgot exactly where it was i read this.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time