Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: My god I love this comic...  (Read 4991 times)

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
Re: My god I love this comic...
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 11:40:26 am »

I found the DF comic funny; I cringed a bit at the one directly after it, but I'm able to pick and choose the good from the bad. I won't look at the rest of them negatively because one or two strange comics "Cross The Line". Take it all with a pinch of salt, if you'll allow me to use that clichéd saying.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 12:15:46 pm »

You know, the DF one is moderately funny, some of the other ones are decent, but frankly it's not something that should just be linked to without atleast a warning.  The op's title is 'my god i love this comic..'  and the first post makes no mention of what the comic is.  Frankly there are some younger people on the forums, and some of his comics are just horrible.  So atleast put a warning in the initial post for god's sake.
Nom nom nom

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 12:18:14 pm »

You guys are over reacting, sure I watched all of them to find out what the fuss is all about, and there were some distasteful and/or just not funny, but the one about dwarf fortress cracked me up.
Besides, nobody forces you to look at it, if you take offense to this then I don't want to know your reaction to actual disgusting sights of the internetz.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 12:30:20 pm »

My point is that it's linked on a forum that tends to try and be very decent, without any warning of the nature of the comic.
Nom nom nom

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2011, 12:44:14 pm »

EDIT: Nevermind.  Post deleted.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 12:50:50 pm by Still Standing »
Diggy diggy hole.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2011, 12:47:45 pm »

Heh, I've seen and had worse things done to me (I got gutted once on a construction job, horribly painful) but that doesn't mean I would have a picture of it and wander around family parks asking if people wanted to see my photos.
Nom nom nom

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 03:12:12 pm »

Although I don't really care for some of the comics he draws, the ones about games are done pretty damn well.

The Baldur's Gate one in particular had a lot of detail and depth to it. You've got to have some respect fo a webcomic that feels like the artist has acutally played the game and been enthralled by it.

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 06:12:15 am »

I found it amusing. But I cannot see why somebody would think it is sick. If it is not to your tastes, just close the page.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

snpaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 11:32:14 am »

lol i thought this was funny and entertaining, I like this guys sort of humor.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »

Sick? What a selective picking.
Child rape is sick in real life. Killing and torturing people is sick, too.
Yet almost no one have problems with fictional and graphical descriptions of violence in various media, including linked comic page, yet most of people here are all up arms over implied (not shown) fictional child rape. If it is not double standard, then I do not know what it is.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 05:40:32 pm »

Sick? What a selective picking.
Child rape is sick in real life. Killing and torturing people is sick, too.
Yet almost no one have problems with fictional and graphical descriptions of violence in various media, including linked comic page, yet most of people here are all up arms over implied (not shown) fictional child rape. If it is not double standard, then I do not know what it is.

The reactions in this thread reminds me of this SATW comic.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2011, 06:07:34 pm »

The reactions in this thread reminds me of this SATW comic.
Oh Armok, another webcomic to follow. Have you mercy?
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:23 pm »

I just don't think the DF one is that funny either. It goes on two panels after the punch line (the panel with the disemboweled boss), and the extra panels don't really do much for me.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Quantumtroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 10:50:11 am »

As a Swede who has spent most of his life outside of Sweden, I'd like to apologize to everyone who doesn't get Swedish humor.  I urge caution if you're ever thinking about renting a Swedish "comedy" movie, because chances are it ain't the "feel-good" kind, especially if it's critically acclaimed. 

That said, this guy is totally hilarious.  Disturbing, too, of course, even for us. 

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2011, 11:46:19 am »

I just don't think the DF one is that funny either. It goes on two panels after the punch line (the panel with the disemboweled boss), and the extra panels don't really do much for me.

I thought "Having fun while losing" was the punchline.  At least, it was my favorite part.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4