Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should Capital Punishment be allowed?

Yes.
No.
Only for certain crimes. (Name please)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Capital Punishment  (Read 24309 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Capital Punishment
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2011, 07:39:43 pm »

And max, please don't relate this to my political and geographical upbringing please. That's for 4chan and the sad thread.
Did I? I apologise. I'm not very sure where I did do this, but I am sorry either way. I mean I did mention that somebodies reasoning (And that person wasn't even you) were on the level of a little kid raised by a war monger. That doesn't exactly relate to political or geographical. It does, however, discriminate against age, and if there are any five year old out there who feel offended, then please tell me.

ppppfffffttt

hah.

good joke.

anyway, I would like to point you to this.

One one side, bullets, especially hollow point rounds, don't just leave a hole. they blow the fucking skull open.

On the other side, that is actually really gruesome. Again, I must point you to my earlier post on that, where most people who choose firing squad don't really care about having an open casket funeral.

EDIT: DAMN NINJAS

EDIT 2: aaaand I read the article. so that puts it about on the level of lethal injection.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:41:20 pm by ggamer »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2011, 07:40:18 pm »

LI does have some practical problems (difficulty in obtaining the drugs, and sometimes difficulty in finding veins forces the procedure to be called off).  It could also be unethical (it could well cause slow and painful deaths, only we don't know because the victim's been paralysed and can't tell anyone).  It certainly looks clean, painless and efficient, but I actually don't like the way that it solves the problem of pain in executions by making it impossible to see rather than making the procedure painless.

Hmm... would something akin to a sleeping pill overdose work?  Eh.

But they are ALREADY responsible... They are just using idiot logic to object.
Yeah.  If there were an illegal firing squad that used the exact same procedure it's pretty clear they'd all be guilty of murder.

(note that this isn't saying that those taking part in firing squads are murderers, just that they're all "responsible", whatever that means)

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »

I'm a supporter of capital punishment, I actually wouldn't mind seeing it increased slightly to help deal with the prison overload. I view it as waste though, they should be used for scientific experimentation. Then they could at least be of some use to humanity instead of being parasites. At the very least it should be made optional for them.

I doubt this post is going to make me very popular... heh

You are aware that the prison overload likely isn't for crimes that would recieve capital offenses right? Thus it wouldn't affect the prison overload.

Though I don't know much about that subject...

I do know that Capital Punishment is apperantly, though I have no flippen idea how, expencive.

I know, the idea was for more crimes to fall under capital punishment, or make capital punishment standard for some crimes, or to just take people who would spend most of their lifespan in prison and execute them. Of course, this would only be for serious crimes.

I'm a supporter of capital punishment, I actually wouldn't mind seeing it increased slightly to help deal with the prison overload.
Even if that was an ethical strategy, it wouldn't decrease the overload in any meaningful way unless we just gather up the prisoners in every prison and gun them down, which I certainly hope you would object to. If you want to end the prison overload, end the War on Drugs, because that is why the prisons are full.
I view it as waste though, they should be used for scientific experimentation.
The People's Republic of China agrees with you, they take the organs of the thousands of people they execute. Aside from that, there's really only one other preexisting example I can think of.
Then they could at least be of some use to humanity instead of being parasites.
And here we come to the crux of the problem. I don't think you see these people as really being people anymore, once they don an orange jumpsuit and sit in a cell they're just "parasites". Be careful of dehumanizing your fellows, Grimshot.

1. Well, I can't justify killing all the prisoners in every prison. I suppose I would be for eliminating every prisoner in a supermax or maximum security prison though. We could then repurpose those facilities for less violent inmates. I will agree that some changes need to be made to the war on drugs thing.

2. Raise your hand if you seen that one coming. *everyone raises their hand*. :P

3. I'm fully aware that I no longer see them as human. I assume you thought I was sliding down some sort of slick incline and was trying to warn me?
My personality profile.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2011, 07:41:44 pm »

Your... Using a tvtropes pages as reasoning? Really? I mean really? No seriously?
Al right, your just trying to troll.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2011, 07:43:03 pm »

called it

Bro, when I've already posted in the thread, it's not super-hearing--it's checking for updates and adoring the sound of my own name.

I'm going to add being burned at the stake to your list, and crucifixion.  Yup.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2011, 07:44:21 pm »

Pfft, your so old fashion Vector. These days they hang, draw and quarter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:21 pm »

2. Raise your hand if you seen that one coming. *everyone raises their hand*. :P
You're dodging the question, Godwin'd or not.
3. I'm fully aware that I no longer see them as human. I assume you thought I was sliding down some sort of slick incline and was trying to warn me?
Not at all, it's supremely messed up as it is that you've reduced potentially innocent individuals to "just parasites" because of their imprisonment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 29, 2011, 07:45:21 pm »

called it

Bro, when I've already posted in the thread, it's not super-hearing--it's checking for updates and adoring the sound of my own name.

dammit. I was hoping mauled by a bear.

Your... Using a tvtropes pages as reasoning? Really? I mean really? No seriously?
Al right, your just trying to troll.

good point.

AGAIN, the article has a good point. and again, I'm conceding some things.

And hollow point rounds are actually supposed to prevent over-penetration.

Silly past me. saying stupid things like that.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:19 pm »

Hollow points are made to blossom and cause internal damage.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2011, 07:51:27 pm »

Hollow points are made to blossom and cause internal damage.

less probability of a nasty exit wound.

I'm still waiting for max's thoughts.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2011, 07:58:08 pm »

How about you are an immoral troll? If your major points are that
1. Your conceding on points.
2. We should be using bullets that are designed to cause massive internal bleeding, and
3. Your past self is silly
Then what sort of a reaction do you expect? Yes, you should be taking your ill conceived arguments back. No, the type of bullet doesn't even matter, not bullet nor gun nor shooter has a 100% rate. Yes, every post you have made in this thread in the past is silly.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2011, 07:59:54 pm »

How about you are an immoral troll? If your major points are that
1. Your conceding on points.
2. We should be using bullets that are designed to cause massive internal bleeding, and
3. Your past self is silly
Then what sort of a reaction do you expect? Yes, you should be taking your ill conceived arguments back. No, the type of bullet doesn't even matter, not bullet nor gun nor shooter has a 100% rate. Yes, every post you have made in this thread in the past is silly.

Those posts were made after you "forgot the sarcasm tags". I was doing my patented "joking mixed with srs bsns" tactic.

That being said, you have not once said anything to defend LI, instead opting to attack FS.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2011, 08:01:10 pm »

Well I'm not exactly for lethal injection, instead being against the death penalty.

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2011, 08:02:01 pm »

You're dodging the question, Godwin'd or not.
Not at all, it's supremely messed up as it is that you've reduced potentially innocent individuals to "just parasites" because of their imprisonment.

Err, I thought that was just a statement referring to me as a Nazi. Could you clarify what the question was for me?

Even if there were no prisons I would still support using people like serial killers and child rapists as experiment fodder. Just so we are clear on that.
My personality profile.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2011, 08:03:33 pm »

. . .

Engels

That is all.  Bleh.  I... bleh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27