Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange mood while penning large animal  (Read 1060 times)

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange mood while penning large animal
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:18:52 pm »

So, my stonecrafter got a strange mood today. He was penning a yak cow at the time. Upon withdrawing from society, he charged straight at my fortress up the volcano, seized a workshop, and began working....while towing the yak cow behind him. He gathered up all he wanted and made the artifact (worthless obsidian goblet). The cow died while he was working, though.
Anyone else noticed this, or do they usually just drop the animal off back at the meeting area?
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood while penning large animal
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 04:22:18 pm »

This happens occasionally, I've had drafted soiders run (slowly) into battle dragging yaks.

Hopefully creatures will be usable in reactions someday.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood while penning large animal
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:22:53 pm »

I haven't yet seen this.  I expected something altogether pervier from the setup.  Something that concluded in "Long story short, the yak gave birth to a dwarfotaur..."