Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash with goblin siegers attacking dwarves  (Read 381 times)

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash with goblin siegers attacking dwarves
« on: November 23, 2007, 12:44:00 pm »

On a previous fortress, I got a clean crash to desktop when goblins appeared right next to the tower I was building and started shooting at the dwarves several levels up. Mind you, it took a minute or two of dwarves running to pick up the belongings of the dead dwarves, and being shot down themselves, but I'm pretty sure it was related to the goblins.

On my current fortress, I have attempted to rush the small band of goblin siegers that appeared at the northern edge of the map with 10 or so wrestlers, just to see what happens. Every time, about half of my wrestlers are lying in a pool of their own blood, and it crashes. It's clean; no error message, or anything, and it loads up fine again.

The latest crash, I was leaving the goblins alone at the edge of the map, when suddenly a goblin spearman started chasing after my herbalist. I sent my wrestlers after them in hopes to save them, but they were unable to catch up, and the chase continued, now with a third party. Guess what? It crashed.

Could this be related to, or worsened by, my not restoring from a backed-up save when it crashes? I was under the impression that the game handled in-progress games differently, now. And for the record, I have never ctrl-alt-dlted. I was about to at several points during my "tests" to see how a bunch of newbie wrestlers would fare against a goblin siege, but it crashed before I had to.

Only once have I had a direct encounter with the goblins in which it didn't crash, and that was on my last fortress when I drafted everyone and sent them against on a suicide rush against the goblins.

UPDATE: Well, 33c appears to have fixed it. I was able to send my small army of crappy wrestlers against the goblins, and then drafted everyone for the same purpose, and it didn't crash.

[ November 24, 2007: Message edited by: Tahin ]