Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Succesion Dreammine - Gargoyle tower  (Read 10644 times)

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Succesion Game - Dreammine Signing up now!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2011, 02:00:07 pm »

Journal of Conrad, 1st Granite, 602

Karakzon grabbed hold of my shoulders today and shouted straight into my face. "TAKE CHARGE OF THIS PLACE!" he said. Crazy bat! Figures, the fool has me cutting wood, taking care of the carpenty, crafting the crossbows and doing the masonry! Not to mention all the hauling. Hell! He even had me slay a harpy once! What's one more damned responsibility?

Journal of Conrad, 1st Granite, 602

Had my first real look around the place today. Too damned busy most of the time to keep my eyes anywhere but where I'm heading. Seems most of the fort is just standing around in here! Seems I better be getting them something to do, starting with some real industry!

Journal of Conrad, 10th slate, 602

Migrants have arrived! Maybe there are some industrious workers here to help take the burden off my shoulders! Would be the best damn news I've heard since they lied and told me this expedition would be easy!

Most of these workers will be taking up hauling. Some will enter our military and prepare to defend our fledgling mountain home.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:33:38 pm by Conrad »
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2011, 02:01:53 pm »

Don't know how interesting this turn will be, just going to start off getting the hospital, bedrooms and such set up. Basically just settting up a robust fort so the people after me can go ahead and start mayhem ; )

16 Slade, 602

An ogress has attempted to sneak in with the migrant wave. The military was dispatched to deal with the intruder, but was seconds too late. By the time they had arrived on the scene, the great distorted beast had smashed the head in of one of the newly arrived engravers. The graves will have to be constructed sooner than I would have hoped.

Luckily for us, the great axedwaf Wannazaki bashed the ogre apart with her copper battle axe before anything worse could be done. Praises be to Wannazaki! If I survive long enough to see the first steel smithed in this fort, I will ensure it goes to her!

16th Felsite, 602

Progress goes well on the new farming lands. I've moved them farther in from the gates, in hopes that they may be safer. I've laid plans for new quarters as well. Soon this will be a bustling fort. I just hope I will have time to complete all these projects.

In other news, the spinner that arrived with the last migrant wave has hurriedly claimed a clothier's shop in what seems to be a fey mood. Some say this is the sign of greatness, though I scarcely believe we need great fashion in this fortress.

18th Felsite, 602
The damed elves are here! They seem to carry no weapons, but they are devilish beings indeed. I hear they damn the creatures the cut down trees but hold nothing but wooden weapons themselves! They even eat their enemies!

They seem to be playing at coming to trade. I will play to their ruse, for now. These tricks may just work to our advantage!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:35:00 pm by Conrad »
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2011, 03:33:09 pm »

lol. sounds good conrad :) shamefully i didnt get much done since i had to focus everything up untill autumn in getting throught he aquifyer.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2011, 03:54:43 pm »

lol. sounds good conrad :) shamefully i didnt get much done since i had to focus everything up untill autumn in getting throught he aquifyer.

I understand, I don't play with aquifers myself. They've ruined a few plans I've had for this fort.

23rd Felsite, 602

Those fools! I saw them unpacking a tame cougar from their wagon. Surely, it was meant to rip us apart. But, foolish indeed those elves, I had already ordered the exits closed and the great axedwarf Wannazaki and her men to the depot. Another victory to the great axedwarf! This tame cougar shall be trained to fight against the next invasion.

I would love to see the day that the elves return to see their own plans, their own weapons, snarling at the gates of our fortress. Foolish creatures indeed.

XhAPPYSLApX

• Bay Watcher
  • Making a big thing this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2011, 06:44:54 pm »

could you please dorf me as a craftsdwarf male.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »

I haven't posted in about a season or two because I'm rushing through before I get swamped with responsibilities here. Don't worry though, I don't think I could say anything interesting about a couple migrant waves and military organization.

If it's alright for everyone here, I think I'll just give a summary of my progress at the fort in a few hours when I upload the save.

If you'd like I could write about it as I go, but I wrote about the two battles we had (the elves and the ogress). The rest of the year was meager reorganization.

EDIT: And as I say that we're ambushed : /
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:32:59 pm by Conrad »

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2011, 09:49:23 pm »

1st Granite, 603

It's been a year since that crazy bat Karakzon put me in charge of the place. It's not something I'd do twice. In the last month, we've recieved three goblin ambushes. I locked the merchant guard outside to deal with the first two. I'm not an honourable dwarf, I know, but our military are unarmored and untrained and we have no hope against such forces. The third ambush nearly got in but the drawbridge closed in time to lock most of them out.

Over my brief reign, I've moved all the industries indoors in order to protect them against the hordes of blasted elves I know are coming. I've built a hospital and organized a military for the ensuing bloodshed. I've built enough farms to hopefully save us from the famine they'll bring (because dwarves are too damn moral to be eating our kin, you damned elves!). I've gathered as many arms as I can from the few sources I found. I can only hope the next dwarf will find us steel and iron and bring the army to the surface once more.

It's time I leave the manager's seat and go back to building my home. Another dwarf will finish up what we started here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4769

About 40 migrants, 2 births, one punctured lung and one death.

For whoever is next:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I'm not mistaken, it's CrazyCow next unless his is still not working. Then it's Vulkus.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:17:25 pm by Conrad »

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2011, 11:13:19 pm »

Ohai, StreetPizza posting here to watch and request dorfing (anything military is fine, preferably male) and addition to the turn list.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:05 pm »

I didn't do any dorfing on my turn, btw. I only undorfed CrazyCow because he said he wanted to dorf himself and because my character was apparently becoming romantically involved with him.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2011, 02:44:58 am »

Seems Vulkus is up unless crazy cows had some progress on opening the saves.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2011, 02:46:18 am »

Flexing my apparently transgendered muscles i see. OORAH
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2011, 04:01:57 am »

Flexing my apparently transgendered muscles i see. OORAH

Yeah, I'm apparently a woman too. At least you have more kills than anyone else? I was going to build you a grave or a room or something, but I barely finished my other priorities.

I MAY have gotten you a steel battle axe as well. One of the woodcutters might have it though, so someone will have to deal with it.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2011, 04:47:41 am »

I shoulda volounteered for a run myself. Ah well.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2011, 01:42:03 pm »

still can. just be behind everyone else.
though i dont trust you to not dig out the entire mountainside and so forth.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2011, 03:49:30 am »

MORE STORAGE. STORAGE FOR ARMOK
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7