Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who should write next?

Claimed Slots (in order)
- 6 (25%)
Whoevers around and actively writing can claim (while writing)
- 13 (54.2%)
Everybody posts! The one that gets the most support is real!
- 5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Collaboration: A Write Your Own Adventure  (Read 6565 times)

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
Re: Collaboration: A Write Your Own Adventure
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2011, 11:02:06 pm »

Bought Akali because ninja, and my god is she fun to play. So very fun, though you need a good early game to keep being able to do your job (murdering squishy people before they can react). Also fun is having, say, a low-health Rammus bait their Ashe into range of my Q, combo and kill her in under a second, then all-chat type "Sup?"

This is definitely the appropriate thread.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2011, 11:41:39 pm »

Hahahahaha.

Oh yeah, and people can totally do their own side stories as well, but at least try to contribute to the main one as you do! I'll collect the best side stories and put them as spoilered "side-story-clusters" every once in a while.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2011, 03:09:00 am »

Also maybe you should put table of contents(with links) to the first post of the creative thread. I know this can be edited in later, but it might be pain in the ass to move every chapter one step forward.

I like the background story idea. Maybe incorporate it with the story somehow; for example Goli reminisces the past?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2011, 03:30:23 am »

For example, an idea currently floating in my head would be about the Viceroy or a governor or something being visited by a higher dignitary, which would explain the association between the governing of the planet and its resources with the greater interests of humanity and the greater intergalactic government. Not only that, it would introduce characters or ranks or concepts of society others can use for the main story as it's being driven along.

I had a similar idea, an investigator/head of justice from CentCol (or something like that, whoever's overseeing mankind's new colonies) being called down to the planet. That would've been a main story post, though, and he a significant antagonist.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2011, 08:51:06 am »

Bought Akali because ninja, and my god is she fun to play. So very fun, though you need a good early game to keep being able to do your job (murdering squishy people before they can react). Also fun is having, say, a low-health Rammus bait their Ashe into range of my Q, combo and kill her in under a second, then all-chat type "Sup?"

This is definitely the appropriate thread.

Herpaderp, too many tabs.

EDIT so this isn't a shitpost; We really do need to give the race and planet names, probably two each. One for what they're called by the Humans, and one for their actual, native names.

Also: What stage of development was the planet's civilization in when the humans arrived?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:54:26 am by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2011, 10:01:49 am »

Because the 1800's are stuck in my mind, that's what I suggest.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2011, 10:35:39 am »

I suggest that the aliens live (or lived before man came) in simple clay huts, but spiritually (philosophy, literature, art, etc.) they are even more advanced than humans. Those aliens would have pretty much neglected technological advancement and focused on cultural instead.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 11:11:13 am »

Ehh, that's an overused trope and unrealistic IMO. Besides, you don't build a city with 'clay hut'-level of tech.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 11:16:58 am »

Ehh, that's an overused trope and unrealistic IMO. Besides, you don't build a city with 'clay hut'-level of tech.
Overused? I dunno. I don't read scifi. Unrealistic? Nah...

Also, the city was built by the colonizers, ie. human.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 11:36:35 am »

Yeah, very unrealistic. You don't get philosophers, writers, bureaucrats (some of the first writing systems were invented for record-keeping), etc, without surplus crop production from proper agriculture. Though you left it a bit vague - clay huts could mean early cities as well.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 11:49:36 am »

Well of course they must have some sort of food source.

I meant that they haven't developed anything beyond some sort of food source, water source, simple housing (clay huts), basic cooking and storing food, etc.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2011, 11:20:41 pm »

Possible final paragraph (before epilogue)?

The soldier raised an eyebrow as he pulled the rifle to his shoulder. "Who the hell does it think it is, Mohatma Ghandi?" he laughed.
"Who?" asked his companion, raising his own rifle and flipping off the safety.
The air cracked once, twice, a dozen times, and then cooled, wisps of smoke hanging around the edge of the barrels.

"It's not important, kid. Just some dead guy. Come on, lets go clear out the rest of the square."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2011, 03:19:04 am »

Ouch, that's great. We have to use that.

So maybe Goli gets framed for murder or is believed to be a resistance accomplice after an attack on her master by them? She doesn't seem like someone who would become a revolutionary just like that. It would explain why they call this head of justice/higher dignitary in. Going from there, further attacks could force him to declare martial law and start whatever's going on in the end.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2011, 05:33:06 am »

Well what I was thinking she would get involved in the resistance because of her babies getting killed or something, but eventually she realizes the whole thing is crazy and tries to give peaceful protest a chance. Lots of ways we can do it.

Also
Is anyone writing now!? WHY NOT!?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2011, 06:31:05 am »

We can mix those two. She's reluctant at first, being forced to work with the resistance to evade the human police, but after the babykilling properly joins.

And writing with dis iPad takes time, thass' why.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8