Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who should write next?

Claimed Slots (in order)
- 6 (25%)
Whoevers around and actively writing can claim (while writing)
- 13 (54.2%)
Everybody posts! The one that gets the most support is real!
- 5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Collaboration: A Write Your Own Adventure  (Read 6570 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Collaboration: A Write Your Own Adventure
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2011, 12:41:38 pm »

I imagined it as a guarded, human-built district in the heart of a totally different alien city. I guess I'm still focused on the idea of colonial India.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2011, 12:46:17 pm »

Digital Hellhound, I thought that was what he described - the guy is overlooking that other city, but he's definitely in the "business and investment district" which is obviously a lot better off and generally not full of the "riff-raff"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2011, 01:10:27 pm »

Oh, alright. By the description, it just sounded like some small human-built frontier town.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »

I imagine it more as... sprawl? Not a whole lot of humans there as most humans don't want to live there for a variety of reasons, but they've made some efforts around the city to "help" the local populace, who swarm there looking for opportunities. This particular human enclave is smack dab in the middle of the alien city for business reasons, but there's others that are more separate and almost solely human.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2011, 02:29:00 pm »

This is great.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2011, 03:29:14 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90070.0

First post up. bdthemag I think has the next entry claimed. He's got 24 hours to say how long he'll need (and then that long to finish it) or we'll move onto to whoever wants to be next. Who wants to be next?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2011, 03:31:43 pm »

i'll take the spot after bdthemag.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2011, 03:34:20 pm »

To be honest, I think the "spots" thing is gonna get kind of old pretty quickly. I'd much rather have it be "whoever is around and ready to write can try to contribute something, if they are actively working on it right then they should post in the thread to claim they are working on it so other people don't overwrite them" rather than this system of "claiming spots".

Which would people prefer?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2011, 03:35:10 pm »

To be honest, I think the "spots" thing is gonna get kind of old pretty quickly. I'd much rather have it be "whoever is around and ready to write can try to contribute something, if they are actively working on it right then they should post in the thread to claim they are working on it so other people don't overwrite them" rather than this system of "claiming spots".

Which would people prefer?

for me it's the same. >.> as long as i get to write >.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2011, 03:35:55 pm »

Welp, new poll up.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2011, 05:31:00 pm »

Well, people seem to be in agreement. If anyone is around and wants to right the next section, just say so and get writing. Let us know how long you will need.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2011, 09:29:55 pm »

Well, here's an option that's not really on the poll... What about posts that serve to flesh out the world, add or develop characters, different aspects of society, etc.?

They don't necessarily have to fit in the same time progression or be about the same people or even in the same area, they just serve as backstory or supplements to the main story going on. That's the sort of thing I'd like to write.

For example, an idea currently floating in my head would be about the Viceroy or a governor or something being visited by a higher dignitary, which would explain the association between the governing of the planet and its resources with the greater interests of humanity and the greater intergalactic government. Not only that, it would introduce characters or ranks or concepts of society others can use for the main story as it's being driven along.

What's the attitude on that sort of contribution?
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »

Well, here's an option that's not really on the poll... What about posts that serve to flesh out the world, add or develop characters, different aspects of society, etc.?

They don't necessarily have to fit in the same time progression or be about the same people or even in the same area, they just serve as backstory or supplements to the main story going on. That's the sort of thing I'd like to write.

For example, an idea currently floating in my head would be about the Viceroy or a governor or something being visited by a higher dignitary, which would explain the association between the governing of the planet and its resources with the greater interests of humanity and the greater intergalactic government. Not only that, it would introduce characters or ranks or concepts of society others can use for the main story as it's being driven along.

What's the attitude on that sort of contribution?

Sounds like a good idea, but we should probably spread out such infodump posts over the course of this thing, and adding too many characters is a bad idea. I say we keep with Goli as the "main" character, maybe adding a character to give "main" perspective from the Human side.

I want to do something with the Resistance groups on the "Alien" side, so if you all could leave that to me (unless you really want to), I'd appreciate it.

That reminds, this race needs a name, as does this planet.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2011, 10:02:45 pm »

I'll be up for writing, so i'll try to write today or tommorow.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2011, 10:49:16 pm »

Bought Akali because ninja, and my god is she fun to play. So very fun, though you need a good early game to keep being able to do your job (murdering squishy people before they can react). Also fun is having, say, a low-health Rammus bait their Ashe into range of my Q, combo and kill her in under a second, then all-chat type "Sup?"
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8