Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mine Craft Server creation help  (Read 565 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mine Craft Server creation help
« on: July 26, 2011, 05:26:51 pm »

I'm trying to set up a MineCraft server for me and my friend.
I'm having trouble forwarding the port to my friend, or whatever the syntax is.
If I use Hamachi, would I be able to bypass this?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Mine Craft Server creation help
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 05:33:16 pm »

Hi NewsMuffin!
Yes, Hamachi avoids port forwarding. but it also might cause lag to both of you.
Do you have a picture of the part you're having trouble with?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »

Well, it went smoothly until I got to the part where I have to port forward. I was watching a tutorial for my internet service provider, and it said that I had to log on to the web page I got from entering my internal IP address, but I didn't have the password. So I'm not exactly having trouble, I just don't know how to locate that password. I'm on Windows 7, if that helps. I'll probably use Hamachi, but my friend is technologically illiterate for the most part, but we'll see.
I did have a little trouble with getting it so I could connect to the server myself, but I resolved that. My friend was having trouble connecting, so I figured that I'd have to port forward, but I can't log in to the thing.
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 05:51:11 pm »

Hey, thats the same screen as I have. Go to the router and push the reset button on the back, the password will be reset to 'password' and the user to 'admin' (make sure you change it to something else later, though)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 05:54:28 pm »

Alright, thank you.
If I have any more trouble, I'll post it in this thread.