Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31690 times)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2011, 07:17:21 pm »

Guys, in Hammerfight I've been up to the Kelete boss for ages and I can't beat it.

The thing is heavily armoured and everytime I try to attack it one shots me. Sometimes at the start it will blow me up without warning. Did I mention that before the boss battle theres a really boring battle with robots that can take off most of your health if you screw up?
If this is the fight I think it is, then the vague hint at the start of the fight and giant lightning box on the mission start display are trying to tell you that metal equipment is not permitted in that fight. Any metal. At all. From what I remember this means that you are only allowed to use the stone flail from the start of the game (yuck) or one of the red hammers the machines use and go in in with nothing better than wooden armor. Otherwise its BS shockwave move will slam your ship into a wall and reduce it to pase. I advise spending as much of your money as you can on weapons and then buying the gold bulla to skip that stupid, annoying, blatantly un-playtested level.

I started to play the arena out of boredom and got to level 20. It just got too much bullshit for me. Exploding bad guys, bad guys with guns that can shoot out explosions, bad guys shooting massive tnt.  The hell am I meant to be fighting that?
Fight fire with fire, or guns with more guns. I highly recommend the light mortar if you're into close combat, otherwise a bit of spray-and-pray with the shotgun should help even the odds so long as you have room to maneuver.
... and then it explodes!

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

Grah. I still can't beat this bastard. His shock wave thingy still pwns me and his electro blasts still one shots me.
I've been using Reinforced Wooden Shields and the startinr rock on a chain. Are either of these metal? The game doesn't say anything about it having metal.

Getting really sick of this boss. It's just broken, like really broken. I don't mind a hard game but when they pull bullshit like moves that oneshot that you can't dodge or defend against then it just crappy design. >_<

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2011, 09:05:03 pm »

Exploding bad guys, bad guys with guns that can shoot out explosions, bad guys shooting massive tnt.  The hell am I meant to be fighting that?

I've got a big two bladed sword and 4 plates of imperial armour that has got me through the game thus far easy. Now everything is wrecking my shit and I have no idea how to proceed.
Help me Bay-1-2-games, you're my only hope.
Don't kill them just smack them into the red, avoid explosives (especially siege bombs (the large tnt) ), and go after after the gunners first when you can.

Or be good at shooting back. Arena 20+ seems to be more about evasive fighting than anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2011, 09:25:18 pm »

I beat the eletric monster things using metal stuff. All you have to do is try to avoid its attacks until you see an opening then hit it hard with a heavy blunt weapon. Green gems greatly help here. Try buying more weapons in the hall till you get the colossus or some heavy hitting flail. Flails are excellent against that boss and the colossus is rape incarnate.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2011, 10:28:50 pm »

Just finished the single player mode.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Earlier in grim mode one of my allies had a three barrelled gun that shoots many bundles of TNT. It was pretty crazy but I managed to nab a red gem.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2011, 11:06:07 pm »

....VVVVVV. Doing Things the Hard Way room. Is it possible?
This game is so infuriating, sometimes. Especially going back for tokens.

Every part is possible, some can get a bit ridiculous.

It's funny. I beat VVVVVV rather easily, only having trouble with the final room, and yet Mass Effect causes me to spit hateful curses at my screen.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 11, 2011, 12:14:38 am »

....VVVVVV. Doing Things the Hard Way room. Is it possible?
This game is so infuriating, sometimes. Especially going back for tokens.

Every part is possible, some can get a bit ridiculous.

It's funny. I beat VVVVVV rather easily, only having trouble with the final room, and yet Mass Effect causes me to spit hateful curses at my screen.

The normal game is easy, yes, but the Tokens are just :O
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 11, 2011, 02:57:28 am »

Exploding bad guys, bad guys with guns that can shoot out explosions, bad guys shooting massive tnt.  The hell am I meant to be fighting that?

I've got a big two bladed sword and 4 plates of imperial armour that has got me through the game thus far easy. Now everything is wrecking my shit and I have no idea how to proceed.
Help me Bay-1-2-games, you're my only hope.
Don't kill them just smack them into the red, avoid explosives (especially siege bombs (the large tnt) ), and go after after the gunners first when you can.

Or be good at shooting back. Arena 20+ seems to be more about evasive fighting than anything.
Level 49 here.

The thing ive noticed is that you either A) Get locked down and die being unable to do anything.
                                                     B) Get slowly worn down.

Red gems get rid of B, but you can only beat A with dodging, lots and lots of dodging, if an attack would leave you in a bad place, just dont do it.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2011, 04:16:13 am »

Grah. I still can't beat this bastard. His shock wave thingy still pwns me and his electro blasts still one shots me.
I've been using Reinforced Wooden Shields and the startinr rock on a chain. Are either of these metal? The game doesn't say anything about it having metal.

Getting really sick of this boss. It's just broken, like really broken. I don't mind a hard game but when they pull bullshit like moves that oneshot that you can't dodge or defend against then it just crappy design. >_<

I felt that way too. Paradoxically to what someone else said, the way I won was by buying a full set of 6 iron armor. Seneschal armor probably works even better, but what happened was that I went into the fight with my favorite flail, which had a red gem in it, and I bashed the crap out of the boss as quickly as I could, then defended against his shockwave move and was ground into the wall but barely alive, then bashed him some more til he died.

That was the hardest level in the whole game, I think. But you're going to love the next three levels.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, turns out that not fighting the machine guy gives you the only "happy" ending. I've done two playthroughs so far. Lost my colossus in the second one--somehow the head of the flail broke off, the level ended, and I was left forever with a measly chain. What the hell, developers. I hate how levels just flat-out end. At least give some time for me to collect coins or something.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2011, 05:06:43 am »

I'm loving AZS. It's a fun, casual game. The maker said that originally it was much closer to X-com, and it's a pity to think of the game it could have been, but I have to grant that as it is it's far more casual and fit for quick games...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2011, 06:28:53 pm »

Huh. I never had any issues with any of the bosses. I always used metal weapons and had a metal shield I stole from a guy a while back. No issues with it at all other then the last boss where I had to make sure I did not just run right into the sparks he left laying about. Which boss was Kelete? I am not remembering any of the names, that game is not about the plot for me really.

Also, is there a way to take gems out of weapons? Cause I stuck a fire gem in my artifact sword and now I keep setting myself on fire.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »

I think you have to break the weapons. Which afaik is nigh-impossible.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2011, 07:16:39 pm »

just a quick question about hammerfight, does anyone else get/know how to fix the glitch where out of the blue your weapons can hit anything at all? happens most often in tribal wars.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2011, 07:42:51 pm »

I think you have to break the weapons. Which afaik is nigh-impossible.
Nope, just edit them out of your profile. See here
How are you setting yourself on fire, though? I have a fire, a lightning, and a healer gem in my artifact sword and never set my self aflame before. Are you using wooden armor or something?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2011, 08:01:48 pm »

A fire gem should actually protect you from fire, in addition to its burninator qualities.

It's next to impossible to do this to yourself(only one enemy in the story mode has ice gems, and I stole yer sword, bitch :D), but you can break weapons if you freeze them with the ice gem first, and then smash them with a heavy weapon.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22