Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31712 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2011, 04:45:26 pm »

You can mod AZS really easily. Its pretty fun to have an entire team of artillery and ungodly amounts of zombies.

I played an extended round with unit choice enabled and managed to get my artillery team to level 6 before it was all over. Pair that up with maxed out multishot research and things like the elephantbird cannon start to look puny and weak by comparison.
I was under the impression that the elephantbird cannon WAS a maxed artillery.
Pretty sure that it is.
I disliked the Elephantbird cannon. All it did was murder all the innocent bystanders. Then again, I did murder potential zombies...

I dunno. It seemed more like punishment to me than anything else.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2011, 05:01:46 pm »

I just bought this (incl. humble bundle 2) again as a gift for the coolest brah on bay 12. They know who they are.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:00 am »

You can mod AZS really easily. Its pretty fun to have an entire team of artillery and ungodly amounts of zombies.

I played an extended round with unit choice enabled and managed to get my artillery team to level 6 before it was all over. Pair that up with maxed out multishot research and things like the elephantbird cannon start to look puny and weak by comparison.
Pretty sure that it is.
I disliked the Elephantbird cannon. All it did was murder all the innocent bystanders. Then again, I did murder potential zombies...

Why would you use it on non-level 4 zones?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 09, 2011, 07:16:24 am »

Pretty sure that it is.

Why would you use it on non-level 4 zones?

If you didn't have any level 4's sitting around. Of course, It's pretty easy to just roflstomp all the spawnpoints and leave the vast majority of civvies unharmed.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:23 am »

Hrmm, I was considering getting it, but the thing is that the only games I find interesting are the zombie smasher thing, and the ones from the second bundle...

Got it after all. Donated 8 bucks, and got the whole package.

See game developers? . I'm willing to pay for stuff too, if the price is reasonable.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:04:10 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2011, 08:06:25 am »

I got this game last night (20$) and I got to say it seems worth it. I am certainly loving hammerfight right now, and I remember how much I loved the free version so I am glad they turned it into a full game. But damn that worm level was hard.

Also holy fuck giant exploding bees.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:08:28 am by Criptfeind »

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2011, 08:56:30 am »

so, i got this blood crystal from killing the sophit in the arena...

then i dropped it in the hall or armory, somehow, below the stairs where i couldn't reach it.
The weapons have come right back onto their wall spots, but the crystal appears to be gone?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2011, 09:01:38 am »

Yep, the crystals gone. You have to keep em in your inventory.

Its pretty cool though, I have quite a stash so my deaths are followed by a shower of sparkly crystals.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2011, 09:07:14 am »

Didn't have any level 4s. All I had was a level 3, but I wasn't sure what it would be capable of. Unfortunately for a couple some a lot many, many unlucky civilians, neither did they.

DF made me do it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2011, 10:05:02 am »

Out of curiosity, I set up an 80k point campaign in AZS, with a bunch of the options enabled, mainly to see how good a 2x Sniper, 2x Arty setup can get. They're nowhere near maxed (well, snipers are lv2-3, arty is 3-4), and I've gotten to the point where I can roflstomp a Level 4 zone in less than fifteen seconds.  :o

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2011, 10:27:46 am »

I got this game last night (20$) and I got to say it seems worth it. I am certainly loving hammerfight right now, and I remember how much I loved the free version so I am glad they turned it into a full game. But damn that worm level was hard.

Also holy fuck giant exploding bees.
Smash them in the head for less explodyness. Usually, sometimes they seem like they explode anyway  ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2011, 10:48:30 am »

You just need to kill them carefully, avoiding hard blows. And avoiding anything that glows. That, or just shoot them from a distance.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2011, 10:58:21 am »

I dunno, I killed them pretty easy using that rock on a chain. As long as you do it right, it shouldn't harm you one bit, even if they explode.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2011, 11:36:43 am »

I dunno, I killed them pretty easy using that rock on a chain. As long as you do it right, it shouldn't harm you one bit, even if they explode.

Do it right.  Sound advice if I ever heard any.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:47 am »

Do it right.  Sound advice if I ever heard any.

Yeah, I was pretty vague. What I meant was at full distance and with as much of a blow as you can give.
The easiest way to do it is with the overpass maneuvre, where you don't actually spin your weapon but simply guide it.

Do tell me if you need even better instructions. :P
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22