Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31728 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2011, 10:22:54 pm »

I ended up picking this up as they added some games I didn't already own.

Oddly I've spent most of my time playing HammerFight despite already having a copy. I forgot how visceral the combat is. I've got some pole-axe with a red/blood gem in it; It's great. I also opened a mode I'd not seen before called Tribal Warfare(?), not sure how.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 07, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »

Atom Zombie Smasher is insanely fun.
And it works for when I want a hard game, and when I want a zen time-killer game (Triplets, Chooser, extended. A sniper, some artillery, and you will never lose. Especially as your stuff levels up so you can just explode everything that spawns before it moves.).

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2011, 10:33:49 pm »

Hammerfight and Atom Zombie Smasher are the only ones I find worth the purchase...

Not that it's not worth it of course, those 2 games are on insanely awesome levels of awesome.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2011, 11:32:32 pm »

Hammerfight is the biggest waste of time in the whole package, The level advance bug just refuses to let me continue past stage 2. Ever. The rest of them all seem pretty solid though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2011, 12:25:54 am »

Worth it especially if you pay above the average and get all of HIB2 in addition to 3...  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 08, 2011, 12:36:44 am »

Hammerfight is the biggest waste of time in the whole package, The level advance bug just refuses to let me continue past stage 2. Ever. The rest of them all seem pretty solid though.
you can profile edit your way past the bug if you get it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 08, 2011, 01:33:15 am »

Exactly WHAT is the stage advance bug? Which stage is it? In the many times I've played this game, I've encountered something like that only ONCE, and that was easily fixed from ingame.

(before this version I've also had it on the last level of Hammerball, but only sporadically)

edit: Also, in continuation of my earlier experiments, a fireball/grenade launcher set to fire at 100RPS is still an awful weapon, which I suppose proves its general suckyness. The problem with it is that even a concentrated burst of several dozen fireballs doesn't do significant damage to the opponent. And god forbid if you kept the trigger down until one of the fireballs connected with something - you're almost guaranteed to die, or at least wish you did.

The most awesome weapon combo I could make so far is a souped up Tribun/Mortar. You've got some semblance of a melee weapon for fighting, an effective daisycutter to easily chop up organics or wooden frames, and a decent heavy-hitting cannonball for the metal frames. I suppose I could tone the mortar down so that it doesn't throw me across the screen every time I hold down the fire button for more than a split fraction of a second, but it's more fun this way.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:50:14 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2011, 03:14:57 am »

Exactly WHAT is the stage advance bug? Which stage is it? In the many times I've played this game, I've encountered something like that only ONCE, and that was easily fixed from ingame.

The one I'm encountering is: mission 2, either path, complete objectives, see victory screen, but no score ever tallies and the game doesn't advance. I've downloaded the steam and updated non-steam version, same thing. Restarted, rebooted, reinstalled, replayed, every single time it refuses to advance after mission 2.

My guess is it's a hardware thing, coz the people who have it, get it a LOT, and the ones who don't have never had problems. Developer(s?) can't get it to even happen on the test system.

you can profile edit your way past the bug if you get it.

I'll try that next time I'm in a patient mood. I really don't like having to do cheaty things to make a game work, but if that's the only way I can finish, I guess I have no choice.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:27 am »

Have you tried running it as administrator? I had sounds problems until I did and some levels wouldn't progress. I guess it was because it was waiting for the victory sfx to play before moving on.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 08, 2011, 07:17:21 am »

I now own both bundles. AZS is pretty fun, getting handed the wrong combination of mercenaries tends to screw you over a bit but it adds a nice challenge to the game, particularly when you have no active way of defending your LZ.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 08, 2011, 09:08:51 am »

You can mod AZS really easily. Its pretty fun to have an entire team of artillery and ungodly amounts of zombies.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 08, 2011, 11:38:47 am »

I now own both bundles. AZS is pretty fun, getting handed the wrong combination of mercenaries tends to screw you over a bit but it adds a nice challenge to the game, particularly when you have no active way of defending your LZ.

If you turn on Combatant, it helps with that quite a bit (you'll always get at least one out of Artillery, Sniper, and Infantry.

But I like how you have to look at your troops, and decide what level of place you can handle to take on.

You can mod AZS really easily. Its pretty fun to have an entire team of artillery and ungodly amounts of zombies.
...or you can turn the zombies green! It was necessary.

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2011, 01:21:31 pm »

I played an extended round with unit choice enabled and managed to get my artillery team to level 6 before it was all over. Pair that up with maxed out multishot research and things like the elephantbird cannon start to look puny and weak by comparison.
... and then it explodes!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 08, 2011, 02:05:57 pm »

I played an extended round with unit choice enabled and managed to get my artillery team to level 6 before it was all over. Pair that up with maxed out multishot research and things like the elephantbird cannon start to look puny and weak by comparison.
I was under the impression that the elephantbird cannon WAS a maxed artillery.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2011, 03:05:51 pm »

I was under the impression that the elephantbird cannon WAS a maxed artillery.
Pretty sure that it is.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22