Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31789 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2011, 07:04:59 am »

Stupid cutscenes in Hammerfight. I manage to two-shot the Polyp boss of Grim mode, and the guy just starts yammering on about the glorious hunt even before the gems appeared. Two of them! Green ones!

By the way, the Colossus flail-thing(rewarded for reaching level 20 in the arena, and can be bought for a ridiculous amount of gold in the armory) is pretty lethal.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2011, 07:24:20 am »

By the way, the Colossus flail-thing(rewarded for reaching level 20 in the arena, and can be bought for a ridiculous amount of gold in the armory) is pretty lethal.
I've been rocking the giant-axe-blade-on-the-end-of-a-long-chain with a light sword (currently the 3-socket reward one that hangs right next to the shop sign) and it seems to work amazingly well. Every time you miss a devastating swing with the blade, the sword slashes the opponent anyway.

Add a Ruby to the blade for best results.

And yeah, those guns shooting bombs are bullshit.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2011, 07:27:11 am »

HAMMERFIGHT

SO ANGRY

WHY

WHY

Why would you trap the player in a cutscene where the player can still damage themselves? Why would you make it so that an enemy would start attacking the player before the cutscene ends? Why would you make the player unable to pick up weapons until the cutscene has ended? Why would you make the foreground like just like the background? Why are there so many little bugs? Why would you make the player play Hammerball for an hour? Why is it everything so why?

This game is the first time I have ever swore loudly and repeatedly with incoherent rage while playing. I still couldn't put it down.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2011, 07:35:02 am »

I never got any of those problems.

Cept for the little bugs.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2011, 07:42:19 am »

I got incredibly annoyed with one of the stages where not only the enemies but also my allies kept bumping me either out of the screen or behind the huge UI elements so I couldn't see what the fuck I was doing.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2011, 08:45:37 am »

I hate it when multiple enemies swarm me the second the cutscene ends. Fuck that shit.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2011, 08:52:56 am »

HAMMERFIGHT

SO ANGRY

WHY

WHY

This game is the first time I have ever swore loudly and repeatedly with incoherent rage while playing. I still couldn't put it down.

Yeah, the game is fraught with terrible design decisions that make me shout at the screen (exploding enemy ships that take 90% of your health, oversized HUD elements that don't explain much and block the view, stupid dynamite spewing guns which make fighting in that small Arena map impossible, unneeded interruptions in the monster killing mode, really annoying continous sound from the lightning stone, a perplexing money system and an incomprehensible status screen after missions. To name a few.), but the core idea and gameplay are so brilliant I can't stop playing.

My right shoulder is hurting and I think it's because I've been swinging my mouse around so much in the last few days.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the weirdest thing is how you get honor for scoring in your own goal in Hammerball, and don't fail the mission when you lose the matches. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, so I happily went through the Hammerball section doing most of the goals for my opponent.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:00:18 am by LASD »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2011, 09:08:09 am »

(exploding enemy ships that take 90% of your health, oversized HUD elements that don't explain much and block my view, stupid dynamite spewing guns which make fighting in that small Arena map impossible, really annoying continous sound from the lightning stone, a perplexing money system and an incomprehensible status screen after missions. To name a few.)
Dont attack gun ships that are in the red, with the exception of the wood ones. Are you seriously hitting people so hard they get instakilled and not knocked out?
Hud elements explain things, with the exception of the one at the top with the dude. Screw that thing.
Dynamite guns ARE the worst. You can dodge the dynamite though, or use a green gem.
Turn down the sound if you dont like it.
Bronze coins make silver coins which make gold coins, with which you can buy stuff.
Status screen tells you your kills(or non-kills), the coins you collected and the glory you got. Unless you are talking about the story bits.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2011, 09:55:17 am »

Hammerfight has alot of problems but its still the best game in this bundle so far. Too bad it doesn't have stage select for the solo mode. I made the wrong decision and joined the machine cthullu thing, and instead of letting me fight alongside an army of robots, the game ended, and I'm pretty sure it'd continue if I hadn't joined it :C
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2011, 09:56:04 am »

I've already bought all the games I would want from yet another indie bundle. This is the third time. Still it's nice to see them releasing games like this and you've all made me want to play through Hammerfight again.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2011, 09:57:35 am »

Hammerfight has alot of problems but its still the best game in this bundle so far. Too bad it doesn't have stage select for the solo mode. I made the wrong decision and joined the machine cthullu thing, and instead of letting me fight alongside an army of robots, the game ended, and I'm pretty sure it'd continue if I hadn't joined it :C
It doesnt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2011, 10:06:54 am »

open the profile (notepad++ or wordpad, etc) and set m_level_file= to KELETE_finitae.seria to replay the last mission.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2011, 10:10:35 am »

Does the Colossus have any gem slots, and what size? I've been editing the save file to put a gem in it(fuck you, Grim, for continuing to screw me out of my hard-earned gems), but so far, it hasn't worked(got a gem in the Sickle, which I didn't even know it could fit one, much less a gigantic one).

It also seems that RF was banned, so no keys from him anymore.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 30, 2011, 11:04:41 am »

Sickle has a Gigantic slot, Collossus has a large slot.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 30, 2011, 02:04:09 pm »

I got the bundle! DLing Hammerfight just finished!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22