Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31793 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #150 on: July 27, 2011, 11:05:36 am »

Note, the Humble Tip goes to Humble Bundle, Inc. itself, which pays for the bandwidth and development of this promotion. You determine how much we deserve to earn or lose from your purchase.

So they are charged per download for bandwidth.
But are they charged for both downloading options?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2011, 11:15:04 am »

Rather than wrench my mind on how best to pay nothing to the developers of these games, I'm going to pay something reasonable and not worry about it.

(This thread is neck deep in rationalization)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:16:35 am by Spreggo »

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2011, 12:50:42 pm »

Started playing Hammerfight again, stole a nice hammer form the arena. When I got back to the hall all my weapons were gone and the only thing that seems to stay in the hall is a powder weapon I got for a plot advancement which I can't use because I have no mousewheel. I really want to like this game, but it isn't making it easy for me to do so.
... and then it explodes!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2011, 01:03:24 pm »

Started playing Hammerfight again, stole a nice hammer form the arena. When I got back to the hall all my weapons were gone and the only thing that seems to stay in the hall is a powder weapon I got for a plot advancement which I can't use because I have no mousewheel. I really want to like this game, but it isn't making it easy for me to do so.
Huh... that's never happened to me. Was that very early in the arena missions? I know at a certain point you begin the 'real' arena fights and only then are your weapons tracked. Its when you start being able to buy things from the store as well, IIRC

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2011, 02:03:24 pm »

I'd like a copy of this with a side of guilt.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2011, 02:40:59 pm »

Huh... that's never happened to me. Was that very early in the arena missions? I know at a certain point you begin the 'real' arena fights and only then are your weapons tracked. Its when you start being able to buy things from the store as well, IIRC
I've progressed past the first round of arena combat and I am now stuck fast on the hammerball qualifier for the imperial tournament. I hate hammerball so very much.

I suspect that the arsenal may have been stripped because of the forced weapon choices for that segment of the game. I just hope I can get my old stuff back when it's over.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2011, 02:43:25 pm »

Oh man, I got this and then activated all three of my humble bundles on Steam. My Steam library now has a scrollbar. My life can only go downhill from here.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:52 pm »

Labels are your friend~
I discovered that once I hit 100+ torrents~
Seriously, they help~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 27, 2011, 02:50:12 pm »

I've progressed past the first round of arena combat and I am now stuck fast on the hammerball qualifier for the imperial tournament. I hate hammerball so very much.

I suspect that the arsenal may have been stripped because of the forced weapon choices for that segment of the game. I just hope I can get my old stuff back when it's over.
You can skip all the hammerball stuff (though you miss out on Hammerball mode and I think a relic hammer), open your profile in Notepad++ or something like it (Not word), and change m_level_file= to KADISH_large.seria, It should be near the top.
Profiles are in [hammerfight dir]\Saves. (Steam\steamapps\common\hammerfight\Saves if on steam, otherwise wherever you extracted hammerfight to.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 27, 2011, 03:01:14 pm »

My arsenal didn't get stripped when I did the qualifiers. You sure you bought weapons in the hall?

Anyways I'm trying to crank my arena level up so I can wear a banner or such. I got a message saying I have the honour of wearing the dark blue ribbon, but nothing changed on my bucketcopter so far. I'll just keep axing people till something happens.

Also, anyone found a way to use the heavy gun properly? The damn thing is so heavy that its hard to get momentum even on the heaviest weapons.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 27, 2011, 03:24:33 pm »

I have this exact same issue. Did some searching for ways to solve it but didn't get much luck- Apparently someone brought the issue to the dev, but he wasn't able to replicate it and thus couldn't fix the issue. Some people say going through the dialog slowly helps but I was too frustrated at the time to give it a try (beat the first "hard" optional mission about four times and had this happen each time. So angry.)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2011, 03:52:26 pm »

Also, anyone found a way to use the heavy gun properly? The damn thing is so heavy that its hard to get momentum even on the heaviest weapons.
As far as I know, there is no "proper" way. The best thing you can do is pay attention to where it's pointing, pull the trigger and hope you hit something. As with everything else in that game, timing is crucial.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2011, 04:02:25 pm »

How I used guns in Hammerfight:
1. Got a blade with a point with it's far end.
2. Moved close to target, placed blade against target. Does not HAVE to have the point touching the target, but it helps.
3. Shot the gun.
4. Watched as target was instakill.
5. I think I profitted somehow.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 27, 2011, 04:25:25 pm »

After trying each game for a bit (all games were new to me), I got to say this is a pretty good bundle. Each game is creative in its own way and really embody what indie games are all about. $25 well spent.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2011, 05:25:22 pm »

So I got to the first mission in the abyss and did fairly well. Beat down everything in short order and thought to myself "Self, that last guy had a hella sweet mace. Imma steal it." So I swoop down and claim it, accidentally skipping a dialoge balloon in the process. I spend some time goofing around but can't figure out how to progress. 10 tries later I finally defeat all the enemies in that scene again only to discover that the mace in question is part of a fancy scripted event that ends the scene ONLY IF IT IS ON THE GROUND. FML.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22