Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31795 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2011, 04:58:51 am »

Although offtopic, I'm sure you won't be banned from the steamgifts site, RF. Since you broke none of the rules in place.
The white knight thing is a bit annoying. The Humble team are expecting people to order a whole bunch for 0.01 of any given currency.

Honestly if anything did happen I'd end up having a long bitch at Cult. The keys were gotten legitimately  and that's all that should matter.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2011, 05:03:53 am »

Ooo.. Looks interesting. I hope you don't mind buying me a copy? Thanks.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2011, 05:49:11 am »

Of course, if you put in $.01 you always get to see the messages, like:

and
"It appears that you have no heart! Please prove that you are really human. Orders under $1 must authenticate with reCAPTCHA to help cut down on costly abuse."

Also, being a redditor - the live chat at the end of the video and "do whatever the verb of google+ing is" made me crack up lots.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2011, 06:03:41 am »

I'm very tempted to set something like that picture up in the city.
Social experiment and all that.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2011, 06:13:50 am »

"It appears that you have no heart! Please prove that you are really human. Orders under $1 must authenticate with reCAPTCHA to help cut down on costly abuse."

Kinda implies it is costing them money somewhere then.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2011, 07:14:58 am »

I think it's more to avoid someone creating a bot to generate 1000 steam keys for $10 total, for selling illegally in Tajikistan or something later on.

edit: Haven't read through the 11 pages to see what people have concluded, but for transfers below the minimum handling fee, Paypal just keeps that donation. They don't charge the recipient for it. So I would say it's better that people give $0.01 rather than, say, $0.30, otherwise you're just donating money to Paypal.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:24:42 am by olemars »

zakkeh

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 27, 2011, 07:26:06 am »

I think it's more to avoid someone creating a bot to generate 1000 steam keys for $10 total, for selling illegally in Tajikistan or something later on.

edit: Haven't read through the 11 pages to see what people have concluded, but for transfers below the minimum handling fee, Paypal just keeps that donation. They don't charge the recipient for it. So I would say it's better that people give $0.01 rather than, say, $0.30, otherwise you're just donating money to Paypal.
As far as I've seen, you can't split $0.01 4 ways. Even if paypal and such don't charge you, miracle of miracles, it does nothing for them.
Or perhaps you're just sadistic and enjoy slow-cooking your goblins/kittens/nobles.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2011, 07:30:20 am »

But see, that's how pools work~
If four people donate 1 cent, it does, indeed, split four ways~

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2011, 07:35:22 am »

That was my point though. Four people donating 1 cent really just donates 4 cents to paypal. Anything below the minimum fee is the same as giving 0 to the bundle.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:14 am »

Isn't it really just 1 person buying a whole load of copies in bulk in this case? It's gotta carry over properly then, no?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2011, 09:10:50 am »

Speaking of Hammerfight, I'd love to play more of it, but after either mission 2 in the campaign, in either version (steam or the bundle download) the victory screen displays and nothing happens. I've played through them a few times now, same thing every time. Restarting doesn't fix it. Anyone else had this problem?
Don't skip through the text too fast, the game can bug out if you do sometimes. besides that I don't know except profile editing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2011, 10:07:56 am »

That honestly made me feel a little ill.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2011, 10:39:22 am »

I wonder if there's any way they could set it to total up all of the single-cent transactions and apply them as a single purchase to avoid the per-purchase fee.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:46 am »

Note, the Humble Tip goes to Humble Bundle, Inc. itself, which pays for the bandwidth and development of this promotion. You determine how much we deserve to earn or lose from your purchase.

So they are charged per download for bandwidth.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2011, 10:57:49 am »

I wonder if there's any way they could set it to total up all of the single-cent transactions and apply them as a single purchase to avoid the per-purchase fee.

Not possible, since they're all ffrom different accounts (well, mostly...). Doesn't matter anyway, it's part of the concept that you're free to pay nothing if that's how you roll.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22