Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31802 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2011, 08:32:52 pm »

For all of you who love VVVVVV, definitely give FLaiL a shot~
Evil, evil physics based platformer that clearly influenced VVVVVV~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2011, 09:41:01 pm »

I've got a gem in Hammerfight, but how do I attach it to this weapon? Put Together isn't doing anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2011, 09:43:40 pm »

Gah, VVVVVV is going to eat my life. I've got to stop taking long breaks from evil games like this and just playing the Sims, because it's ruining my platformer reflexes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2011, 09:47:28 pm »

I mostly bought it for VVVVVV, which I've heard good things about.
Hammerfight is a lot of fun if you can get past that one level everyone else seems to have problems with.
Would that be every single level? Because that game is hard. :-\

Taking a wild stab here, would that be the level fighting the Sophit in the dark? Yeah, that one is brutal. Best way is probably to keep your distance, wait for the sound that tells you its charging, then swing your ball to land a shot right to its face. Letting the guys on the wormship shoot at it helps a bit.
Spoiler: You get revenge later (click to show/hide)

Yeah, that's the one.
Lots of people seem to have trouble with it.
The one afterwards is far worse.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2011, 09:49:13 pm »

I thought I was  going to get a gem after the sophit match in the are in hammerfight, but apparently I got nothing :\

Anyways, so far Hammerfight is proving to be the most fun game of this bundle.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2011, 09:50:23 pm »

You have to catch the gem. they're tiny things, but sparkly.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:24 pm »

Hammerfight is a sexcellent game. I've gotten fairly decent at it, but that may just be because the AI is kinda dumb. If you use boost at all (which I tend to do since I turned mouse sensitivity up so I don't fling my mouse off the mouse surface) their only reaction is to stand there, and to put their shields up if they have them.

Once you get the Collossus you instawin at everything. I prefer to use the legendary axe, though.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2011, 09:55:41 pm »

Yea, the AI could use work. Most enemies that wield weapons aren't very threatening, still a blast to fight though. Most fun fight was the arena one where you're chained to the executioner guy. After some blows you can literally use that chain to pull him and ram him into walls.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2011, 12:25:48 am »

Bought for $10. I've spent a lot of money this month >.>

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2011, 01:52:43 am »

I love Hammerfight and I've just gained access to the training area/armory for the first time. I have no mousewheel, so inventory selection is impossible since it eventually gets stuck on my snazzy red rock as I try to shuffle weapons. Is there a non-mousewheel workaround or am I just doomed to failure?

On a lighter note: I get a cheerily laughing emoticon above my vehicle and accompanying sound clip two or three times a minute in battle. Does anyone know how to get my character to stop doing that? What once was funny is now annoying.

EDIT: What determines the heraldry and drapes/banners/etc on my vehicle? Is that purely story driven or is there a means by which I may deliberately cultivate bling?

MORE EDIT: If I buy armor and it is broken, do I get it back after returning to the armory or must I repurchase it? Does abandoning a weapon in battle cause me to loose it or may I reobtain it from the armory? And for the love of all that is good, does this game have any detailed English documentation so I don't feel compelled to expand this post?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:03:42 am by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2011, 02:06:01 am »

Speaking of Hammerfight, I'd love to play more of it, but after either mission 2 in the campaign, in either version (steam or the bundle download) the victory screen displays and nothing happens. I've played through them a few times now, same thing every time. Restarting doesn't fix it. Anyone else had this problem?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2011, 03:26:02 am »

I love Hammerfight and I've just gained access to the training area/armory for the first On a lighter note: I get a cheerily laughing emoticon above my vehicle and accompanying sound clip two or three times a minute in battle. Does anyone know how to get my character to stop doing that? What once was funny is now annoying.

EDIT: What determines the heraldry and drapes/banners/etc on my vehicle? Is that purely story driven or is there a means by which I may deliberately cultivate bling?

MORE EDIT: If I buy armor and it is broken, do I get it back after returning to the armory or must I repurchase it? Does abandoning a weapon in battle cause me to loose it or may I reobtain it from the armory? And for the love of all that is good, does this game have any detailed English documentation so I don't feel compelled to expand this post?
The laughing emoticon is taunting, you activate it by rapidly shaking the vehicle horizontally.
As far as I have noticed, the banners are determined by your arena level.
You have to buy more armour after it breaks. Abandoning weapons loses them.

I didnt need no documentation.  :P

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Robert

• Bay Watcher
  • The Librarian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:52 am »

I'll take a cheap copy, thank you kindly.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2011, 04:10:24 am »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2011, 04:45:52 am »

I have hammerfight from when it was on sale on steam, but I would very much like a copy for my brother.
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22