Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31747 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2011, 04:31:37 pm »

I'd like a copy if possible

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2011, 04:32:23 pm »

Are you sure you won't die of guilt from STEALING FROM THE MOUTHS OF INDIES?!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2011, 04:33:04 pm »

Stealing the actual mouths of indies is much funner I admit.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2011, 04:33:51 pm »

By the way, how many people who did put down several dollars for it are in this thread who probably would not have noticed it if not for this thread?

On to something else, And Yet It Moves doesn't seem to work. After the splash logo, the title music plays, but the screen stays black.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2011, 04:35:01 pm »

Scratch that no thank you. (Guilt) [/jk]

EDIT: It didn't add the [/jk]

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2011, 04:36:02 pm »

Yeah, fuck indie devs, sick children and people who want to stick up for our rights!

It's not as if any of those folks could put the money to good use.

And if one doesn't have the money, surely one mustn't take advantage of the kind offer of strangers, enjoy their handicraft, and then advertise via word of mouth.  If one is part of one of the underprivileged target groups, indeed, one should leave the playing of games to those who can afford to give out charity, rather than receive it.  Kind of you.

Don't make assumptions.

If someone genuinely can't afford to spend more then a penny/cent/whatever for 5 games, they should probably be saving that penny.  If it's actually costing any of the groups involved any cash, then it's quite frankly asshole behaviour, whether they allow it or not.

I do actually agree with your sarcasm on one level though.  If someone doesn't have the money for games then they shouldn't take advantage.  They should borrow the money, or preferably go and earn it.

According to a paypal calculator they make nothing on purchases under $0.31 and the threshold is significantly higher if the money is coming from outside the US.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2011, 04:38:09 pm »

If someone genuinely can't afford to spend more then a penny/cent/whatever for 5 games, they should probably be saving that penny.  If it's actually costing any of the groups involved any cash, then it's quite frankly asshole behaviour, whether they allow it or not.

I do actually agree with your sarcasm on one level though.  If someone doesn't have the money for games then they shouldn't take advantage.  They should borrow the money, or preferably go and earn it.

According to a paypal calculator they make nothing on purchases under $0.31 and the threshold is significantly higher if the money is coming from outside the US.

And it costs them nothing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2011, 04:45:20 pm »

I am going to say this one last time, because I don't actually want to spend all day arguing on the internet:

You need to remember how to empathize with people less privileged than you and think again.  Really, really think through all of the possibilities and events, and then decide whether you want to guilt trip people who are at a disadvantage.  Because so far as I'm concerned you're at the border of cruelty--so, I beg you, think again.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

AnalysisFailed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2011, 04:54:23 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and ask for a copy, guilt or no.

Maybe when I get done with all of these exorbitant college fees I'll contribute back.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2011, 04:56:36 pm »

I am going to say this one last time, because I don't actually want to spend all day arguing on the internet:

You need to remember how to empathize with people less privileged than you and think again.  Really, really think through all of the possibilities and events, and then decide whether you want to guilt trip people who are at a disadvantage.  Because so far as I'm concerned you're at the border of cruelty--so, I beg you, think again.

To be honest I think you are overreacting.  If there are no fees then my concern over the 1 cent donation thing is pretty much gone, but its still in poor taste for something that is supposed to be a charity.  1 cent is more of an insult more than anything else.  Lord Cooper is perfectly justified in what he said. 

Its not like 50 cents is that much more, but at least they make something out of it. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2011, 05:00:49 pm »

To be honest I think you are overreacting.  If there are no fees then my concern over the 1 cent donation thing is pretty much gone, but its still in poor taste for something that is supposed to be a charity.  1 cent is more of an insult more than anything else.  Lord Cooper is perfectly justified in what he said. 

Its not like 50 cents is that much more, but at least they make something out of it. 
You forget the advertising they get from us buying and discussing the games. :P

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2011, 05:01:03 pm »

There's also the other way to look at it. A double-sided charity, if you will. The Humble Indie Bundle also allows the poorer to get these games at a price they can actually afford.
I can't help but agree with Vector there.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2011, 05:02:34 pm »

[And here open the gates of heaven]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:38:57 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2011, 05:06:52 pm »

-Self moderated-
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:35:41 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.