Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Humble Indie Bundle #3  (Read 31721 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Indie Bundle #3
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2011, 09:44:13 pm »

Additionally, if you die enough times in Solo mode, you'll be offered to skip the current level at the cost of all your money.
also all your glory, though that doesn't do much.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

As far as I know:

Money: Armory stuffs
Titles: Armory stuffs
Glory: ???
Fame: ???
# of skulls: ???
# of stars: ???
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2011, 10:28:06 pm »

They must really want me to buy this.

*Caves*
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 06, 2011, 04:36:08 am »

Dang, Atom Zombie Smasher added in too.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2011, 04:48:25 am »

I know! This is crazy. I just keep finding new games in my Steam Library. I was pretty unenthused by Steel Storm, but AZS is a game I seriously considered buying anyway.

Glad I decided to shell out finally for an indie bundle. This is by far the most impressive one.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2011, 04:50:11 am »

Got it for 6 dollar or around 4.57 euro :P

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2011, 12:39:32 pm »

I do not know what game to play first. :O
I shall just stare in awe at the download page.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 06, 2011, 03:13:42 pm »

Go for VVVVVV. Easy to pick up, highly entertaining, and it's actually rather gripping. You'll have no problems playing through it.

And once you beat it, there's a plethora of user-made levels out there too.
I did, it's pretty fun, saved everyone...and now I'm stuck outside of the VVVVVV dimension or something. The endless falling rooms where you have to time your movements exactly are eevvillll.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 06, 2011, 03:52:17 pm »

As far as I know:

Money: Armory stuffs
Titles: Armory stuffs
Fame: ???
# of skulls: ???
# of stars: ???

Money: Armory stuffs and level skip
Titles: nothing really except coolness
Fame: ??? (I think one of them is required to purchase higher-level stuff)
# of skulls: how many people you killed
# of stars: how many people you defeated but didn't kill

Most don't really have an effect on gameplay.

Go for VVVVVV. Easy to pick up, highly entertaining, and it's actually rather gripping. You'll have no problems playing through it.

And once you beat it, there's a plethora of user-made levels out there too.
I did, it's pretty fun, saved everyone...and now I'm stuck outside of the VVVVVV dimension or something. The endless falling rooms where you have to time your movements exactly are eevvillll.

Haha. You can unlock no death mode, in which you try to beat it without dying once. Its evil.

Oh, and be sure to collect all the trinkets.

EDIT:If you pay more than average, you get a total of 12 games. At less than 50 cents a game... Dang. I'm never going to miss one of these bundles.
(I missed #1, but I got the games in #2, so its all good)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 03:56:40 pm by Ma88hew »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 06, 2011, 04:48:56 pm »

I've been really enjoying Hammerfight but the majority of the game has been going my head.

I've been using a sword the majority of the game that I got somewhere near the start because I wasn't too sure how buying things worked.
I was trying to follow the storyline but I found myself much more engrossed in the combat and found myself skipping a lot of it, 'till I found myself in some sort of scrapyard with no weapons.

So now the negative. Like every single Russian game I've played it's almost always on the verge of being the second coming of gamer Jesus but gets left down by some terrible choices made by the devs.
Pathologic, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., The Void, all shared this.

Hammerfight suffers from a lot of problems.
A terrible, terrible U.I. that will get in your way and lead to your death many times.
The storyline often gets in the way of the combat with massive dialouge boxes hiding bad guys.
No count down between map transition, enemies will wreck your shit in the first second of map change if you don't react fast enough.
Lack of decent documentation/tutorial: What the hell does glory do? etc.
No modding support. This one might sound petty but almost all of these problems could have been fixed by the community.

So inclosing Hammerfight is a wonderful little game that could of used a few patches to make the game really great.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2011, 04:55:06 pm »

In the scrap yard thing, there's a hammer in the bottom left. If you paid attention to the guy, he says "Quick, I see a hammer below, get it!" or something along those lines. If you picked the other option before then you would get a different set of missions which eventually lead back to the same point you would get to going through the scrap yard, so...

Also, after the first scrap yard area you can change your weapon to a good one.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2011, 05:05:13 pm »

Yeah I got past the first scrapyard but but than all this shit started exploding and I had no idea why. I got to a part where I'm fighting a few guys and no matter what I do they keep managing to chain stun me, I've never had a problem with this up till now.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2011, 05:10:21 pm »

I got hammerfight like two years ago and enjoy('d) it greatly, never had any issue...

Maybe my gamer skin is just thicker then average...

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2011, 05:46:16 pm »

Yeah, Hammerfight is awesome. (Though fucking annoying later.)

Man, warhammer with fire singing gem is so awesome.

And there's a guy with one too, somewhere. All you need to do is disarm him.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 07, 2011, 05:09:42 am »

Hammerfight doesn't support modding, but it isn't impervious to it. You can change around meshes and textures if you're crafty enough. The problem with this game is it's so unconventional, it stores item data in savegames. For instance. Equip a Mortar. Save. Exit. Go to the Saves directory. Open "player_X.seria" (where X is your character's number) in Notepad. Search for the word "Mortar". Scroll below the found line until you see the lines "m_recoil_time=5" and "m_ammoclip_size=1". Change these to anything you prefer, like 1 and 1000, respectively. Save the file, and load the game. Gaze upon the destructive power of your new Gatling Mortar/Jet Engine.

edit: for some really horrible results, change ammoclip_size to 1, and recoil_time (reload time, actually) to something incredibly small, yet nonzero. Like 0.001. The effect this has on the mortar is hilarious. The Tribun, on the other hand, finally becomes a useful weapon. I wonder what it does to the fireball launcher...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:43:54 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22