Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8051 times)

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2011, 10:07:54 am »

"And they shaped the land in hopes of making it live." - Chronicles

Week 6

Raventree
State of the city: Meagre
Population: 103/315
Morale: Average.
Food: 111 units
Goods: 6 units
Weapons: Enough to arm 3 men

The people begin working on wagons  ETA Week 7
A blacksmith has managed to make 3 swords during the week.
Nthenol has begun training people in the art of war.
5 men have left to inspect the road section. ETA Week 7
Work on cisterns to hold the water has begun. ETA Week 7
Work on the city has increased living space.
A new decree from the council now has people walking about in groups of five, mostly people stuck with their family, the effectiveness of such a tactic has yet to be proven.

Jathreel Outpost
State of the city: Pitiful
Population: 50/10
Morale: Average
Food: 50 units
Goods: 2
Weapons: Enough to arm 12 men

Work on the outpost continues, overall living space increased.
The woods are patrolled daily.

Chasm Lake
Population: 30/15
Morale: Good
Food: 46 units

People began irrigating land around the village. ETA Week 8
Wood from Jathreel has been turned into fishing poles and harpoons, allowing for more fish to be caught.
A few more huts have been added, living space increased.

People of interest
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Exploration of the other side of the crevice continues.
Many campfires have been spotted by the scouts that explored the land South of Chasm Lake.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2011, 10:11:26 am »

I begin training the young one once again in the art of the mind.

Those who cannot train with the swords because weaker/unfit, the young one or the old ones, are by me taught the way of medicine, survival, and engineering. The three most important things to learn and teach and show.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2011, 02:56:37 pm »

Everything he had suggested was being worked on, heck the five-per-group thing was actually made law. The only thing he could  suggest now was a small shrine to the Creator, hopefully that would help bring hopes up.

Also about the groups; the purpose of them is to strengthen bonds between people; when your stuck with the same people everyday, you kind of learn to like one another. Or bitterly hate them, but that's a risk.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »

little note:
as the teacher, i am called Magister. Magister Shade

let me carve my little place in the heart of the people. it will be funny when in a couple of decades books printed by our future generation will depict magister shade as the first teacher in history post-apocalypse.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2011, 07:42:19 am »

Poke.

Hello?

Poke.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2011, 07:52:19 am »

Poke.

Hello?

Poke.

i'm here stas. >.>

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2011, 08:50:58 am »

Send a citizen of Chasm Lake as a diplomat to the possible settlements South. Give him a guard of four armed soldiers. Bring Plenty of Parley, in case the traditions of warfare lasted after Judgement Day. ((Begin calling the Creator's Redemption that too, in the hopes it will make the citizens feel better about themselves that they were choosen to live by the Creator himself.))
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2011, 12:14:30 pm »

Send the diplomat and guards, but make sure NOT to mention the creator in any way possible unless they talk about it first. Even then, only speak about it with neutrality and disinterest. Try to find out how many people there are, what they may know as well as what resources they might have.

Have raventree continue training people in the ways of combat. Make sure to have smiths make more weapons to arm the new soldiers. Also, see if anyone knows anything about armoursmithing.

Have the forest outpost make more living space as required and plan the beginings of a wall, with room for expansion.

Chasm lake should continue work as usual, and plan for a wall with room for expansion. Also, leave room for a dock.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2011, 08:16:39 pm »

"And they rejoiced for they were not alone." - Chronicles

Week 7

Raventree
Population: 100/315
Morale: Unrest.
Food: 86 units
Goods: 7 units

Two wagons have been constructed.
The blacksmith has locked himself in his forge, when people visit him he shoos them away. Some say that he has a mad glint in his eyes.
Nthenol is working his trainees very hard, some of them complain about him being too rough.
None of the 5 men that were sent to investigate North returned.
3 cisterns have been dug out to store water.
Magister Shade began teaching a few youths about medicine and engineering.
Work on a small shrine dedicated to the creator led to a small brawl. A group of men came by and tore the shrine apart. It's builders took up staves and tried to defend it. One thing led to another and 3 corpses were buried this week.
There won't be enough food to feed everyone.

Jathreel Outpost
Population: 50/15
Morale: Low.
Food: 38 units

The hunters report a severe lack of game.
Plans are drawn up for a wall, with room for expansion.
There won't be enough food to feed everyone.

Chasm Lake
Population: 76/20(50)
Food: 76 units
Weapons: Enough to arm 18 men

People are still irrigating land around the village. ETA Week 8
A few more huts have been added, living space increased.
Plans are drawn up for a wall, with room for expansion and a dock.
A diplomat from Chasm Lake, accompanied by 4 armed men, set out to meet the campfires. There he met a group of people, 46 of them. 6 were garbed in the manner of warriors. After lengthy discussion the diplomat discovered that their settlement was not as fortunate as Raventree; when the Creator's eyes closed most of their city was torn from the earth and tossed about. Afraid of the same happening to the intact district, they ran and hid where ever they could. When the world became still the small group of survivors gathered and, in the next few weeks, it only shrunk. Moved by their tale, the diplomat led them to Chasm Lake where they pitched their tents. Luckily, they had some provisions with them.

People of interest

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2011, 09:14:48 pm »

Wow, this is alive again?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2011, 09:17:12 pm »

It's alive? Damn, and I just deleted my folder on this game. Ah well. I'll post an action later....Now what was my guy's name again...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2011, 09:22:10 pm »

It's alive.

Yeah. I felt much SHAME and DISHONOUR for abandoning it.

my folder on this game

Folder?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2011, 09:24:03 pm »

Oh, I used to keep a folder for every forum game I played. I just stored ideas and previous posts so that I could remember what exactly I wanted.

Anyway, time for my suggestion

Keloph sighed. Fools had went and fought over the creation of the shrine. Well, its understandable but it isn't time for these things. He mulled over the reports and saw that the food wouldn't last them much longer. Too many people, not enough food...He hated these situations.

He decided to send 10 men out eastwards on a scouting mission and 10 more south east of the chasm. In all likelihood they would all die on the journey but they might just discover something. He didn't want to do this, but the food supplies were getting low.

He wrote a message for the people at Chasm Lake. He told them to construct further housing.

He sent another message to Jathreel Outpost and told them to subsist on the forest. He told them to look around the forest and see if any of the plant material was edible. He told them to sent 10 further west in search of game and anything of interest. If they found any animals, the first thing to do was to capture it and bring it back to the Outpost. Only kill if there is severe need.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:40:04 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2011, 02:30:49 am »

"and THIS is how you build a STONE WALL! you got it you idiots!? it's easy! take a stone, take another stone. Take something squishy and press them together, repeat until you get a BIG FRIGGING HARD STONE WALL! i hope i made myself clear on this! now, to make a well, you make a circular small STONE WALL, and dig in the center but most importantly...YOU NEED STONES. AND SQUISHY THINGS. Good, let's procede with the lesson" *says magister shade continuing.
"and the squishy things SHOULD BE DEAD. IF THEY MOVE THEY ARE NOT USEFUL"
*a messagge arrives*
"oh yes, i'll be back, MOVE IT WITH TRYING TO FIX TOGETHER THOSE STONES"
"hmm fine. Keloph wants houses?! HE SHALL HAVE STONE HOUSES!"

order stone housings built. and stone walls.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2011, 10:18:57 am »

"And they still found it within themselves to create." - Chronicles

Week 8

Raventree
Population: 80/315
Morale: Unrest.
Food: 70 units
Goods: 7 units

The blacksmith has come out of the forge bearing a strange sword. Its guard is shaped like an eagle and the blade is of the most remarkable craftsmanship. He brought it before the council and spoke in a voice that was not his. "Onraicen's claw upon the world. Inside the horizon they bide their time. Sky torn from Earth in a torrent of blood. She will come for the spreading wings." And with that death took him.
Nthenol is working his disciples twice as hard as he used to.
10 men have been sent to the East. ETA Week 9
10 men have been sent South-East of the chasm. ETA Week 9
The two groups will travel together until they reach the end of the chasm, taking with them 6 units of food.
The food will have to be rationed.

Jathreel Outpost
Population: 40/20
Morale: Low.
Food: 32 units

The hunters report a severe lack of game.
10 men have been sent west. ETA Week 9
The hunters, following the council's advice, began foraging. To their dismay they found the plant life to be corrupted, perverted beyond recognition. They thought it wiser not to eat it. 
They will have to spread the food around in smaller rations, but they will pull through.

Chasm Lake
Population: 76/20(50)
Food: 80 units
Weapons: Enough to arm 18 men

The nearby fields have been irrigated and are ready to be used.
Work on the stone wall has begun.ETA Week 12

People of interest

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10