Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8072 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 03:30:07 pm »

"Lake Outpost" will be renamed Water Haven
10 People in Water Haven will work on an making a sort of waterpath system over an area, in an Attempt to create a Farm.
The rest will fish. People in the Hunting Camp will try and send Small Branches and such to Water Haven, to see if they can be made into Fishing Poles

The goal for water Haven that I have is to make it into a Great Food Source, sending food to the Raven Tree and other possible cities that we may make.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:34:07 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 03:36:04 pm »

Holy cow, the lake may actually be our salvation if we can make peace with/kill the inhabitants.

Anyway, we haven't searched further up the road yet, right?

Send 5 men up north-east up the read, with food to last them a week. Tell them to explore the road and return if they are threatened.

"Lake Outpost" will be renamed Water Haven
I disagree. Too... "to the point", if you know what I mean.

I say Lake Hope until we find some landmarks that would fit in the place of "Hope".
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 03:39:05 pm »

And I vote for Chasm Lake since that's the only landmark in the blasted place. Also, agree that we need more weapons. I suggest we scout in a 180 degree arc south of the lake so we know what's in our immediate area.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 03:40:53 pm »

For possible inhabitants or other survivors, I say we make peace with them in till we know how strong they are exactly. Making war with people we know nothing about is sure to finish us off. Once we know more about them, then we can truely value the advantages and disadvantages of War with them.

Are they well armed? Do they hold a valuable posistion? Are they currently well off or in a dire Crisis? Do they have other Allies or Enemies?
These questions need to be answered before any war is waged.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:45:21 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2011, 03:44:03 pm »

For possible inhabitants, I say we make peace with them in till we know how strong they are exactly. Making war with people we know nothing about is sure to finish us off. Once we know more about them, then we can truely value the advantages and disadvantages of War with them.

point is, they already killed some of our own, if they wanted peace, they could have asked. They just want us far from them. And i suppose we looked like "meat" to them *shudders*...but i will know soon enough, if in the stomach of the guy i find living remains of humans...we know what to do.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2011, 03:47:05 pm »

But I could have been a misunderstanding? We have no proof that this attack was not provocked in someway we are not aware of. If they attacked us because they are simply savages, then war is the only option.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2011, 03:48:10 pm »

But I could have been a misunderstanding? We have no proof that this attack was not provocked in someway we are not aware of. If they attacked us because they are simply savages, then war is the only option.

we will see soon enough. Setting permanent camps usually makes those around go from "let's go and meet them" to "let's go and pillage them". One of the two eventually will show us.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2011, 04:46:11 pm »

Dirt man
Herp derp typo, sorry if I scared anyone.

It's actually "dirty man" that I wanted to write.
Poll is up to give Lake Town a name.

I'll post the results of the autopsy soon.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:48:14 pm by Stas »

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2011, 04:49:29 pm »

You forgot to unlock it.

Also, add one more name to the poll:
And I vote for Chasm Lake since that's the only landmark in the blasted place...
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2011, 04:55:54 pm »

Dirt man
Herp derp typo, sorry if I scared anyone.

It's actually "dirty man" that I wanted to write.

I'll post the results of the autopsy soon.

oh...then there's no need to vivisect him.
still, i'd try to understand WHAT sub-race he is (like, caucasian, hispanic, eccetera, just, of the fantasy world we are in) and what language do they talk, and if there is anyone who knows that language in the village.

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »

The poll has been unlocked.

I will update later tonight, so until then debate and decide.

Also, 100th post in the thread is mine.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Toriad

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Silence
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2011, 06:21:40 pm »

But not the 101st.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2011, 06:36:25 pm »

Nor do you have the 102n- *Hit*

On another note, I think Lake Chasm is an Ugly name for a Town. Its stupid, unimaginative, and the people who come from there are going to end up being called "Chasmins" or "Lakenians".

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »

It's Chasm Lake, not Lake Chasm. And hey, I don't think it's unimaginative. Or stupid. I even voted it over my own name.

And "Chasmins" and "Lakenians" don't sound too bad to me, really.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2011, 07:09:09 pm »

Chasm. Lake.

You think that is Imaginative and not stupid? Its just the two things about the place bundled together! Its an awful name!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10