Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8071 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 03:28:05 am »

tant compliqué adjectifs dans une sentence. que font moi dit " son visage ( traduction )" et ça sorte de truc dans Anglais

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=French
Crappy translator.

This will not translate well>Ça vouloir pas traduire sain.>Ça desire not translate healthy.

Oh well, at least it's not Google translate...: This will not translate well.>Cela se traduit pas bien.>This translates very well.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2011, 03:31:04 am »

tant compliqué adjectifs dans une sentence. que font moi dit " son visage ( traduction )" et ça sorte de truc dans Anglais

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=French
Crappy translator.

This will not translate well>Ça vouloir pas traduire sain.>Ça desire not translate healthy.

Oh well, at least it's not Google translate...: This will not translate well.>Cela se traduit pas bien.>This translates very well.

concerning my translation, i was right though. it's about having excavated cheeks and a serpent-like face.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2011, 03:31:59 am »

LOL
now now, translation mode on:
it's a saying, a french one i suppose, translation should be:
"the face made like that of a snake, the cheeks excavated" (or on the similar line.)

Something like this. thanks.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2011, 08:48:51 am »

Actually, Shadenight you are almost right. The cheeks excavated is right, but "un visage taillé à la serpe" is not a face akin to a snake. It's a face roughly carved with a sickle, but for proper use of the expression it would be "a face roughly carved with a knife".

@Kaian : Alors vous étes français, je présume.

Also, the poll has been updated.
In the worst case, you could split and try to rally as much people to your cause as possible. (I'm just putting this out there, I am very flexible on what you guys decide to do)

On the matter of the road to the North West. When the world went to shit, you should see it as everything moving and changing places. Thus, this road might of have linked two villages in a very distant land as much as it could of just been part of some larger road that was ripped away from it's initial position. Basically, the entire world got shuffled.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:04:13 am by Stas »

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2011, 09:01:55 am »

Actually, Shadenight you are almost right. The cheeks excavated is right, but "un visage taillé à la serpe" is not a face akin to a snake. It's a face roughly carved with sickle, but for proper use of the expression it would be "a face roughly carved with a knife".

@Kaian : Alors vous étes français, je présume.

Also, I shall post the next week soon.

A knife and a sickle? Hmm...
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2011, 09:14:20 am »

its an expression for a certain type of face. i will show you an exemple if i could, but i'm afraid of what google will give me...
et oui, je suis français.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2011, 12:32:11 pm »

Well, It's 50/50 right now. Unless someone tips the balance in favour of one plan or the other, or unless you decide to engage in civil strife and split, I will assume that no decision was reached this week and will simply proceed with the other decisions that were taken.

These decisions are:

-Deeper Wells
-Info on the lake
-Find water source in the forest
-Explore North and beyond the crevice
-Collect fruits/berries in the forest
-Build a hunting outpost in the woods (50 men, 18 of which are to be armed)
-Cleanup/scavenging/repair in the city
-Anything I may have forgotten?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 12:34:13 pm by Stas »

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2011, 12:37:54 pm »

Collect fruits/barries.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2011, 12:38:21 pm »

increase morale through heart warming speech made by yours truly shadenight. >.>
that was forgotten. XD
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2011, 12:42:54 pm »

thats good for me.
Full Sig

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2011, 02:11:03 pm »

Looks good.

Also, 50/50 vote again. Seriously? Did no-one see my argument with Neyvn? Or at least try to argue back? He has pretty decent arguments, and leaving for the south, I'll admit, is a poor decision.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2011, 02:19:27 pm »

Introduce the buddy system. 2 people are to be secured by a length of rope bound to their hips like a girdle. At least one has to carry a weapon. nobody is to leave the area of 12 foot next to the assigned buddy.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »

...Why?

Edit: Oh, you voted going south. ::)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2011, 02:37:31 pm »

I would suggest sending a team down to the lake to set up a base camp. It's further than the forest and they could lay the framework for a larger move. It doesn't make much sense to move the entire town down there at this point, but getting ready for it would be common sense as far as I can see.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2011, 02:39:18 pm »

I would suggest sending a team down to the lake to set up a base camp. It's further than the forest and they could lay the framework for a larger move. It doesn't make much sense to move the entire town down there at this point, but getting ready for it would be common sense as far as I can see.
I agree. What if the location is too dangerous? We need to know more about the area before we resettle.

Edit: Hell, there could even be another city, likely destroyed, near the place. It would save us plenty of time and effort if there was.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:40:53 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10