Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8082 times)

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: Broken World
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 06:01:51 pm »

i equip myself with one of the weapons and matching armor. Possibly the blackest and darkest one.

"grudges against the creator won't bring your queen back. But making him pissed will certainly doom many. Do you think your queen would have wanted that? there are many who lost dear ones, yet still they pray, and many also do not, but do you think it wise of you to scream your hate in public? keep it silent, and strike only when it's the killing blow." i say to the queen's eyes

i try to calm him/them down. While i too do not care about the creator and sympathise with them, we are already in shit, and there are better ways to piss the creator off without actually making him curbstomp us.

"People of Raventree! wherever you hate it or not, you like it or not, we are in this together! together we stand unite as one and as one we shall fight! let's show the Creator our OWN will! we may hate him, or we may yet cherish him, we may pray him out of fear or for repentance, but in any case WE ARE HERE TO LIVE ON. We ARE PROOF that mankind can survive even the WRATH of god itself! so stop crying like a two year old people of raventree! we have water, we have food, we have shelter! no matter the danger we have EACH OTHERS! WE WILL SURVIVE!"

i try to raise morale with an outstanding speech.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 07:11:55 pm »

"The amount of work required to pack up a town, that's foolish. How would we defend ourselves out by the lake, how would we sleep, how would we do anything. Do we even have enough materials to even build a simple camp that can house the people, to protect the people and keep them safe. Do you think us simple Nomads, who carry their homes on their back. You are mad by thirst Captain. Here we are defended and protected, yes without water we may be weaker then with, but still. If we live longer by bringing the water to us then that's all for the better..."

The Gentleman that spoke was that of someone approaching that of old age, but the way he moved as he stepped towards the table which bore the map of this changed world did not give any indication that he was aging, in fact he moved like a Knight would. He shifted the pouches wrapped around his waist against the belt and cloth robe he wore, its contents clinked in some and rustled in others and the small bottles and herbs were disturbed, he had been out among the people, checking their health and that of the men who had fought the hostiles of the night, examining any wounds they may have taken. He reached out and collected the reports that had been received by the men who had left the confines of the city...

"Besides, I doubt moving anything there would last any longer then we would here, the reports say that the lake is draining into the Crevice. I would wish to know the true extent of this claim, for it may be wise to collect as much water as possible before this too disappears before us. Perhaps also we should see what happened to the river that once flowed through town, the crevice stopped its northerly flow but does that mean that it now drains too???"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »

"We defend ourselves how we always did many many times ago, with our hands and our weapons. We sleep outside, people can do that. How would a lake stop us from doing anything? We do not have the materials, but I'd expect we'd find some near the site. Perhaps mud for bricks, or stones for stone houses. If it's still that bad, we can sleep in caves. How are nomads a factor to this? I am not driven mad by thirst, old man, and I think your mind is fogging from age. Bringing water to us is time consuming and currently there is no reason we should stay here besides these defenses. Besides, we need FOOD and the wildlife in the forest north is starting to leave. With water, we will be able to farm again.

If you are going to be stubborn, fine, I will lead any people who aren't pansies to the water. If we die, we'll at least die knowing we tried, rather than sat around and die."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 08:37:13 pm »

"Can you see in the Dark you Fool!" Demanded the Man, "Cause your foes seem to be able to," he threw back to the table the report made by the scouts, it was about the time they were attacked during the night by the SILENT AND UNSEEN ATTACKERS. "We already lost a few men who were close together around a campfire to something they couldn't see, nor were they able to identify if they even successfully defeat any of them. I am still double checking any wounds they had taken for anything that can be more malicious them first thought. Are you going to take all the weapons and armour the town holds in hopes to defend, what, 3 times the number of those armed. Who I might add would be more spread out over a larger area then a small band."

He marched towards the captain, stabbing at him with his finger to the chest as he growled under his breath...

"Your like a Moth to the Flames, you are so concentrated on the water that you don't care for the dangers. Your just wanting to drive straight at the thing and you will die if you do so. Your so determined on this Lake, a LAKE! Have you seen it rain over the past few weeks, a Cloud in the sky that even looks to hold water? No? I haven't. This is a lake, fueled by what appears to be weather alone and its apparently draining into the Crevice. How long do you think this will last for. You want farms, Look for a better source then just a Lake, Prepare a better cache of materials for defenses and such... KNOW WHATS OUT THERE..."
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 08:52:39 pm »

The captain looks over the old man. "You are seriously testing my patience. What do you suggest, we just sit around here and do NOTHING? Starve, and die of thirst? We're in the middle of a wasteland that can BARELY sustain us, and it won't for much longer. We will all die if we do not find better lands. At least if we move to the water, we will have a place to stay for a day or so until we can find an even better spot."

The captain sighs. "Look, I just can't stand this inactivity to our food and water slowly running out. We have to do something, and fast, before we cannot sustain ourselves and are forced to resort to cannibalism. We HAVE to move."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2011, 09:06:19 pm »

The old man sighs along with the captain, he agrees but still...

"Look, Captain, I know what your saying, its true, but what you proposed throws all caution to the wind. As you said, this is a Wasteland now. The people, they are adjusting just as much as we all are. But here is their home, Raventree is OUR home..." He returns to the map. "If I may, I would believe that finding out what happened to the river across the Crevice would be a wiser move, still continuing collecting the water and scraping together way food we can from the known areas is the only option for us right now. Perhaps have those that visit the Lake check to see if there are Fish there. Also we need to confirm if the water is in fact draining. How much and how fast, and if we can seal it so that we can at least keep it safer..."

He shuffled the pages back to the early week, about the lone man that discovered some roads to the north...

"Does anyone remember where this road lead before the end of the world. Perhaps we can find out where it leads to, food and water may be there..."

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2011, 09:19:48 pm »

Send 50 men, 18 of them armed, to build a hunting outpost in the forest.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 02:15:24 am »

A voice come from a corner.

"I strongly disagree on moving the town to the lake. It will take too much work and its too dangerous. Plus, our only food source for now is the forest. Of course, the lake could bring us farms, but it need time to grow, and we dont have enough food to wait the crop to grow."

Its a man, sitting on a bench next to the wall. He is cloaked in a dark brown mantle, with a hood. Sometimes, the light from his straight pipe let you take a glimpse from his face, long, thin, and making you think of an eagle, or maybe a crow.
damned, autant d'adjectifs compliqués en une phrase... comment je dit "le visage taillé à la serpe, les joues creuses" et ce genre de chose en anglais?

"I think we must concentrate on finding another water source, and more food. Hunting barely keep us alive. I suggest to dig the wells deeper, maybe we will find water. Also, all these animals in the forest need water, too. Find how and where they drink."
He brandish a little map
"We know too little of our surroundings. Continue exploring, especially to the north, in the forest. Maybe this road lead to somewhere interesting."
"In any case, be very careful and send armed groups. This ennemy near the lake seem very, very dangerous. To anyone going to the lake: the first priority when encountering the "ennemy" is, after surviving, to identify it and learn as much as you can about it. Lit fires all around the camps, sentinels and so."
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52:18 am »

I have an idea for the future if the river is still on the other side of the crevice we could build an aquaduct accross the river crevice
EDIT: oops wrong word
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:59:32 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 02:56:48 am »

damned, autant d'adjectifs compliqués en une phrase... comment je dit "le visage taillé à la serpe, les joues creuses" et ce genre de chose en anglais?
Traslator GOO!!!!!

French? Translations:

damnable , as many d'adjectifs complicate at a sentence. start I tell " him face gash à her serpent , the cheek hollow " and thanksggiving gender about thing at English?

I have an idea for the future if the river is still on the other side of the crevice we could build an aquaduct accross the river
My thoughts exactly, If you read my Bold Texts, I am wanting to know about the river...

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2011, 03:07:50 am »

Traslator GOO!!!!!

French? Translations:

damnable , as many d'adjectifs complicate at a sentence. start I tell " him face gash à her serpent , the cheek hollow " and thanksggiving gender about thing at English?

the right sentence should be "so many complicated adjectives in a sentence. how do i tell "his face (translation)" and this kind of things in english?"
So google traductor, thanks, but only a single word at a time.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2011, 03:12:39 am »

Although scouting is important we need hunters too, building a hunting lodge would be good in the long term but doesn't solve our short term demand for food. Any skilled hunter we have should be out looking for food, further we should have our scouts in the forest collect any fruits or berries they come across.

Our village may not be in the best state but it's our village, these houses were built by our ancestors and there is no reason we can't make this a pleasant place to live, anyone not out scouting or hunting should continue with reinforcing the walls and cleaning up the housing within.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2011, 03:12:56 am »

Traslator GOO!!!!!

French? Translations:

the right sentence should be "so many complicated adjectives in a sentence. how do i tell "his face (translation)" and this kind of things in english?"
So google traductor, thanks, but only a single word at a time.
tant compliqué adjectifs dans une sentence. que font moi dit " son visage ( traduction )" et ça sorte de truc dans Anglais

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=English&to=French
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:14:49 am by Neyvn »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2011, 03:22:25 am »

bwahaha. just take a random sentence in english, translate it in french, then take the french phrase, translate it in english, compare first and last sentence, laugh.
Full Sig

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011, 03:23:23 am »

now now, translation mode on:
it's a saying, a french one i suppose, translation should be:
"the face made like that of a snake, the cheeks excavated" (or on the similar line.)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10