Poll

Chasm Lake Walls - Wood or Stone

Wood
- 5 (45.5%)
Stone
- 6 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Broken World  (Read 8064 times)

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Broken World
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 12:04:28 pm »

Since we have such a large number of people I suggest we see if we can start farming anywhere. See if there's a city park or anything that could be useable.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:32 pm »

remember that we have no water...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 12:20:35 pm »

An obese, overbearingly perfumed man shuffles into a cushioned chair and lets out a sound one could interpret as one of exhaustion. He draws the fine fabrics and furs that make his clothes tighter around him. He stuffs his wavering, ring-filled fingers inside his coat, pulling out a long wooden pipe. The Merchant grunts and lights the pipe. Then, finally, letting the smoke spread and hang in the air around him, he settles back in his chair and regards the rest of the council with a smile. Small, suspicious eyes set deep in his head peer out and survey the room for any familiar faces. He draws deep in the smoke, and speaks.

'Well, then. The peasantry are upset. I suppose it's understandable, but we really have no time for it. These woods sound useful. Could be a lucrative source of furs and lumber, mark my words. But our first goal should be finding a source of water. Who knows what all this has done to the weather!' 

Send scouts to every direction to explore and look for water

((Hope you don't mind a little RP on the side. I can delete that if need be.))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 12:31:21 pm »

Send scouts to every direction to explore and look for water

((Hope you don't mind a little RP on the side. I can delete that if need be.))

I like RP.
scouting north is prioritar. (?)

By the way, this fatass disgust me. I plan to kill him, or at least put him to handwork ASAP. if disgust was the emotion you planned to evocate, well done.  ;D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 12:41:34 pm »

"And all around them nature was a mockery of its former self." - Chronicles

Week 2

Raventree
State of the city: Pitiful
Population: 194/300
Morale: Very Low, Unrest.
Food: 4 units (Sorry, not 10 turns, you guys have enough for 2 turns)
Weapons: Enough to arm 19 men

All the weapons were given out and these people went ahead and explored.
15 men went into the forest.
2 followed the crevice
3 went to the west
5 went North west

The 15 that went into the forest came back with tales of distorted and bloated trees that oozed sap, but the also brought back much food (1 unit). The animals had been easy to track and many simply stood around in a state that transcended fear
Only 1 man came back from the crevice, saying that his partner simply disappeared one night without a trace. He searched the surrounding area for as long as his provisions held out. Then he was forced to return.
A man came back from the North-West in the middle of the week to report that they had found a section of paved road. He left to rejoin his party later that same day. As the week came to an end, none of them returned.
Those that went West reported a charred and rocky land.
None had found water.

RP is great, and I especially love me some political intrigue. If there is anything that you want to be done in secrecy, please PM me.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:48:30 pm by Stas »

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 12:48:28 pm »

Go back to the forest and domesticate the animals.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »

At the council meeting chaos reigned as everyone tried to speak at once. At the foot of the table a tall, broad shouldered man stood up to address the council. He spared a single, disgusted look at the obese Merchant before opening his mouth. The Huntsman's deep, melodious voice rolled across the assembly. "If I were to hazard a guess, I would say it is the woods of Jathreel that are now residing to the North of us. Clearly they have been adversely affected by the cataclysm, however it is also the only source of food we have at the moment. It is absolutely essential that we continue finding food for the city, as it is the only means of survival we have until we find water for irrigation." He look inward for a moment before continuing. "As much as it disgusts me to say this I must agree with the Merchant that water is still our number one priority if we wish to remain alive. I caution those looking to exploit any discovery though, that we must work together as a town to survive and flourish." A pointed look at the Merchant's obese form leaves no question of who that statement was directed at. The Huntsman sat down, his part said.

Send another party in to the woods to hunt for food. Send a larger party to search along the crevice to find a source of water.

fakeedit: I had this all typed up as a response to the Merchant's first statement so apologies that it doesn't flow as well as it should. modifications were made...
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51:05 pm »

try if the sap from the trees an be harvested and distilled as a water source.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 01:53:06 pm »

try if the sap from the trees an be harvested and distilled as a water source.

er... i wouldnt try it if i were you...  :-\
Full Sig

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 02:26:16 pm »

Send another party in to the woods to hunt for food. Send a larger party to search along the crevice to find a source of water.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »

Full Sig

Stas

• Bay Watcher
  • Procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 02:43:33 pm »

"And things unseen struck at them from the shadows." - Chronicles

Week 3

Raventree
State of the city: Pitiful
Population: 191/300
Morale: Very Low, Unrest.
Food: 3 units
Goods: 6 units
Weapons: Enough to arm 18 men

7 men went into the forest, while the other armed 12 followed the crevice in search of water.

The hunters managed to bring back food again, but they also report that the animals now avoid them and before long hunting will become what it used to be.
A man had accidentally knocked over a large pitcher of water, before anyone could intervene he was dragged through the streets and beaten, his broken body hung on a tree for a day before someone removed it during the night.
A council member proposed distilling the sap to make a beverage, what came of it was a bitter syrup that reeked of decay.
During the cleanup many goods were gathered from the rubble.
Only 10 men came back from the water-seeking expedition and only one body was brought back, the other dragged away by whatever attacked them during the night. They also proudly displayed the barrels they had brought with them, empty, now full of water. They had found a lake which poured itself into the crevice.

No I'm not psychic. I just know that this is dwarf fortress. and the most stupidly awesome and inexplicable thing is probably going to be the first thing to happen.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:39 pm »

a small, skinny man looks from the shadows the scene of the warriors return. He goes near one of them, and quietly asks what has happened.

ask what killed the others.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 02:54:48 pm »

>domesticate animals before it is too late.
>Set regular patrol to the lake to bring water. make sure that they bring weapons and fire. at least 15 mens each.
Full Sig

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 03:09:18 pm »

Have we checked the east? I don't think so.

Give 10 men basic training in throwing rocks (rocks can be lethal) and send them to the east. Tell them to travel only as far as they feel is safe and turn back if they suffer any potentially hazardous situations.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10