Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Blood Feast  (Read 1244 times)

Vile Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
  • !!&!!
    • View Profile
The Blood Feast
« on: July 26, 2011, 12:41:41 am »

In DF I have a little bloody tradition, The Blood Feast, or as it's known in dwarfish, Nazushodad. This yearly ritual, which I have followed ever since my older brother taught me my first designation, involves hundreds of what ever living things I can find, merchants, elves, crazies, pets, and when all else runs short, dwarves. The ritual consists of placing many many creatures in a special drainage tunnel, letting goblins in or activating spikes or siege crossbows into the room. the blood would flow if it was a fluid, not an item, but that can easily be amended. I let a trickle of water through the tunnel, 3/7, which carries the blood away and piles the bodies up against the grates. The blood items are carried by the water into a giant underground basin, from which four giant pillars protrude. On the top of these pillars rest my legendary dwarves (well, what's left of them at any rate). The blood fills the basin halfway and the blood is sweet. Have you ever seen the blood of 100 dwarves, goblins, and other meat bags at once? It is beautiful and I see it every dwarven new year. Armok is not a nice god.   

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: The Blood Feast
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 12:55:42 am »

Sounds good. Maybe you can make a Youtube video of it?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 05:30:21 am »

Oooookay... This concerns me and at the same time I'm going to build it in my next fortress...
Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

LilGunmanX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:23:21 am »

If you can get a GCS and can trap a forgotten beast with its webs, you should drain the blood over your beast as some sort of ritual to your beast-god.

Also: use goblins everytime and make it a sacrifice for victory in war.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:32:09 am »

I now feel the need to set this up in my own fortress.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:44:00 am »

I have been looking for something like this, actually. Can you implement this in a way that you can save the blood and use it in a repeating pump, so that you can create a blood fountain?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:06:16 pm »

I have been looking for something like this, actually. Can you implement this in a way that you can save the blood and use it in a repeating pump, so that you can create a blood fountain?
Blood and other contaminants are left behind when a pump... well... pumps water. A shame, really.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:04 pm »

Blood and other contaminants are left behind when a pump... well... pumps water. A shame, really.

Unless you turn blood into water, maybe?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 12:07:16 pm »

I was actually going to make something like this.  A 1x1 execution shaft with a room of 7/7 water at the bottom.  Drop goblins and other beasties in there, letting their organs, blood, and bones pile up in a grim stew.  Then when the elves or goblins come knocking I'll flood a corridor with this horrific mixture and let them drown in their comrades.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.