Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how do i use stonesense/ problem with df.  (Read 1683 times)

evilyoshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
how do i use stonesense/ problem with df.
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:28:44 pm »

i dont know how to use stonesense plugin for dwarf fortress. and a problem i have with dwarf fortress is it stops responding frequently, can i fix this?

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile
Re: how do i use stonesense/ problem with df.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 03:11:03 am »

i dont know how to use stonesense plugin for dwarf fortress. and a problem i have with dwarf fortress is it stops responding frequently, can i fix this?

Are you using the Lazy Newb Pack ?

When does it freeze exactly ? The game hangs occasionally when it's saving, on slow computers this can take quite a while. So you might have to sit it out (yes even if the program seems not to be responding)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:35:32 am »

Especially if you have autosave on.
This is a blank sig.

evilyoshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 06:43:15 pm »

Are you using the Lazy Newb Pack ?

When does it freeze exactly ? The game hangs occasionally when it's saving, on slow computers this can take quite a while. So you might have to sit it out (yes even if the program seems not to be responding)

usually it stops responding for a minute when i create worlds, and quit. and i noticed it uses 100 percent of my cpu, and a lot of RAM, should i worry about that?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:48:40 am »

Nope. DF is very resource hungry thanks to the sheer number of things it is tracking, and the nature of some of the things its simulating...
This is a blank sig.