Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are camps safe?  (Read 971 times)

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are camps safe?
« on: July 25, 2011, 05:04:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure the answer is "no" (after all, a camp is just a pile of junk lying on open ground), but I want to confirm this. Would resting in a bandit camp (after killing all bandits, of course) result in being attacked by other bandits or bogeymen(if I'm alone)?
Also, I read somewhere that bogeymen will not attack once you're far away from any civilization. Is that true?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Are camps safe?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 05:20:31 pm »

unless the camp has a inside section then nope their not safe.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:24:32 pm »

Damn... Are there even any camps that have inside sections?

Destructios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 05:25:57 pm »

Can't sleep in camps, problem solved.  I believe mountains and ocean shores are safe from bogeymen though.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 07:29:28 pm »

Here's a list of safe places that I've figured out:

Mountain, beach, and ocean squares.  Any region where you can't [shift-T] out of there.

Villages: inside buildings.  This is the obvious one.

Castles: inside the keep, inside the towers in the walls.  The keep is the rectangular building housing the lord/lady.

Caves: inside caves/lairs, but only if you're far enough in that you "can't see the sky" (use shift-W to check).

Far away from civilization [?]: I've heard that bogeymen can't appear there.

Or you could just slaughter them all.  You need a fast character who is either good at slashing or biting.  Move around so only one is next to you at any given time, and attack their lower bodies.  Charge at them to knock them down and get an easier shot.  You can also grab onto them to severely reduce their dodging abilities.  They don't breathe, so you can't strangle or gib their lungs, but they still bleed to death (and still have hearts) and they're small enough that it's easy to bisect them.  Dwarves in martial trances will just slaughter them.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:36:32 pm »

Indeed, bogeymen do not appear in entirely unpopulated regions. However, since those are usually savage regions, you should probably have a few levels on you so you don't get mauled by giant lions, giant tigers, and giant bears, oh my.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Demki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 05:57:32 am »

Caves: inside caves/lairs, but only if you're far enough in that you "can't see the sky" (use shift-W to check).
Actually, not true for lairs, some lairs have doors/hatches. in the case of hatches, you can stand below the hatch and you are safe from boogiemen.