Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278109 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 1 Replacement needed!
« Reply #930 on: September 18, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »

Ok, got it.
We lynch Toaster. When he flips lord:
Leaf gives me the deal.
I use it to kill Soli
Toaster is lynched, Soli is killed, Crown is sent to hell, Leaf has won
Four scum dead in one day/night phase.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 18, 2011, 08:01:27 pm »

Ok, got it.
We lynch Toaster. When he flips lord:
Leaf gives me the deal.
I use it to kill Soli
Toaster is lynched, Soli is killed, Crown is sent to hell, Leaf has won
Four scum dead in one day/night phase.
If Toaster flips Lord, perfect.

If not, Native would be a better target. I think. I guess I'm actually not sure which option is riskier, since killing Soli hits confirmed scum but also a confirmed nonLord.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 18, 2011, 08:05:10 pm »

On second thought, yeah. Kill Solifuge.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 18, 2011, 08:05:50 pm »

I inspected Azure Native, he is a watcher, not the lord.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 18, 2011, 08:09:42 pm »

Oh, right.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 18, 2011, 09:14:38 pm »

I'm combing the history of lynch-votes, and illustrating how the Toaster/Solifuge case is full of crap. For now...

I still don't care who gets lynched (hence me not voting or saying the theory is actually likely), I was just pointing out the gaping holes in your argument.

It doesn't matter how you try to spin it, you plainly expressed an attack on someone's argument despite all your talk of being uninterested in scumhunting, fighting to not name your scumpicks, and so on. You actively want Toaster lynched, (as apparently do Max and Crown), while fighting to make it appear as though you have no interest in it. You're trying so hard to appear like a Devil, I simply don't believe your claim.

To add to that, you provide yet more flavor as your ONLY defense. Why have you not been hung yet?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 18, 2011, 09:36:44 pm »

And there i go, awaiting the chainsaws.

I think he has not been hung since his claim is consistent, flavor based or not. There have been many case were if he is not the devil, the true one would have completely destroyed him by claiming, yet it did not happen. He gave the name of the people who received the deal, if my memory serve before some of them confirmed, wich would demand some lucky conversions. Also, however much you like to say that flavor is unreliable,
I got the exact same thing as him, and the detail he gave correspond Perfectly with the flavor i received. No way in hell, pun intended, that he got those detail by luck.

The only way he may be the vampire Lord and claim Devil without getting called out would be if he converted the true devil, and this one be claiming as someone else. This is quite unlikely, considering 3 of the convert are dead, and so it would have been a extrmeely lucky pick.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 18, 2011, 09:54:49 pm »

He gave a claim AFTER the facts were given. It's easy to tailor a false claim when you have pre-existing facts to work with.

And converting a Devil would allow him to know all Devil's targets, as well as getting the flavor you received. This has no bearing on whether or not he's false-claiming, and a false-claim isn't a great leap of logic when the facts ALSO support that he could be the Vampire Lord.

I'll be back with a review of this once I finish putting together a vote log. There's a chance it's impossible for the Cult to have gotten a Devil early enough. Same as there's a chance it's impossible that Toaster could be the Lord, and could have converted Jim, Vector/Nuke, and me in time for players to provide false Guarding claims.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #938 on: September 18, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »

He gave a claim AFTER the facts were given. It's easy to tailor a false claim when you have pre-existing facts to work with.

And converting a Devil would allow him to know all Devil's targets, as well as getting the flavor you received. This has no bearing on whether or not he's false-claiming, and a false-claim isn't a great leap of logic when the facts ALSO support that he could be the Vampire Lord.

I'll be back with a review of this once I finish putting together a vote log. There's a chance it's impossible for the Cult to have gotten a Devil early enough. Same as there's a chance it's impossible that Toaster could be the Lord, and could have converted Jim, Vector/Nuke, and me in time for players to provide false Guarding claims.
Solifuge, I have yet to see any kind of defense from you other than "I'm not scum, HE'S scum!". Not to mention the massive fucking chainsaw you have going for Toaster. We have zero reason to not believe Leafsnail, and every reason not believe Toaster.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 18, 2011, 10:24:44 pm »

Soli: I like how your theory requires the existence of a devil that you can't point out, while mine requires Jim, Dariush and yourself to be scum. And two out of three have already flipped as such.

Also, bots can't use flavor.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 18, 2011, 10:29:44 pm »

Damnit, I'm an idiot for overthinking this game.

All of these roles are guaranteed to be in-game:
Devil (Leafsnail)
Fortune Teller (MaxWhite)
Warlock (ECrownOfFire)
Guard (Toaster)
Priest (Solifuge)
Priest (JoshuaFH)
IronyOwl (Witch)

These are the -only- roles that might not be in-game:
Knight (Bdthemag)
Guardian Angel (MBP)
Sexton (NativeForiegner)

The Scumteam HAVE to condemn Toaster, and the only surviving person to know that guarding happened, or else they'll be caught among the only possible falseclaims. Also, if anyone attached to one of the Guaranteed To Be In-Game roles is actually the Vamp. Lord, one of Bdthemag, MBP, or Native have to be scum, and have to be the one who actually has the role, which they let their Lord falseclaim.

Of course, taking the simpler possibility, the Lord is one of Bdthemag, MBP, or Native. Unvote.

Crown, your bias is palpable. I'm not chainsawing Toaster, I'm stating a fact! I was guarded, as were other players who supported this. The players who supported this claim WERE NOT ALWAYS SCUM, and may well have stated they were guarded before conversion... this is something I'm trying to resolve right now. Given the above, either Toaster IS the Guard, or the real guard is a Cultist with him, and one of MBP, Native, or Bdthemag.

Do you not find it immensely less likely that Toaster is Scum, given that he'd have to have been consistently killing off his own team, and TRYING to reveal that the Scum Team was actually a Cult, when he could have slid on by? This makes no sense at all!

Everyone, stop reflexively condemning people based on the arguments of others, and THINK FOR YOURSELF for a damned second!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 18, 2011, 10:51:04 pm »

What player couldn't have been scum when they claimed to be guarded? Dariush started as scum, so he doesn't count. Jim flipped the same day he claimed, and you could easily have been the d2 convert. The only player who might have been town when this guard happened was you, but as the lord knew that he was converting a claimed player, it would be very worth it. We have no proof of a guard.
We do however have proof of a devil. Leaf, Bd, Josh, Crown, an nk and Leaf all testify to this. As such, I'm guessing the angel thing is true, because they support each other.
That leaves Bd and Toaster, and because you are chainsawing Toaster, I'm going with him.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 19, 2011, 12:41:09 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
NativeForeigner: Toaster
Solifuge: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Toaster: ECrownOfFire, Max White, IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 19, 2011, 02:24:57 am »

The Scumteam HAVE to condemn Toaster, and the only surviving person to know that guarding happened, or else they'll be caught among the only possible falseclaims.
This makes absolutely zero sense. They HAVE to kill the real Guard because otherwise they won't be able to falseclaim as something else? Huh?

Do you not find it immensely less likely that Toaster is Scum, given that he'd have to have been consistently killing off his own team, and TRYING to reveal that the Scum Team was actually a Cult, when he could have slid on by? This makes no sense at all!
I've already addressed this, and you've ignored it like everything else. Like bots indeed.

Everyone, stop reflexively condemning people based on the arguments of others, and THINK FOR YOURSELF for a damned second!
Desperate cries for everyone to do anything at all except what they're doing right now is incredibly scummy.

In fact, let's just Shorten. Toaster is lynched, Max kills Soli, hopefully we have to find between zero and one cultists tomorrow. I don't think there's anything else that needs to be said.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 19, 2011, 02:42:25 am »

Well, not Toaster, he isn't a bot. Using the scum team to enforce he's guard claim was pretty good. Soli, on the other hand, is playing this like a bot.

The only people doing anything have put forward their cases. Shorten.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 70