Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278161 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 1 Replacement needed!
« Reply #915 on: September 18, 2011, 07:59:57 am »

Unless we make a policy that town players don't take the deal, there for we know that a scum player took the deal. So there is your information.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: September 18, 2011, 08:12:38 am »

But there's no information if the deal is rejected (wheras if you'd formed a plan and the deal were rejected you'd know the person who was meant to receive it is scum).

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: September 18, 2011, 08:17:57 am »

Well sure there is! It means the scum are also unwilling to listen to your seductive WIFOM.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: September 18, 2011, 08:48:37 am »

I can't argue back so I'll just put the word WIFOM in my post in the hopes that the person I'm talking to doesn't understand the term.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: September 18, 2011, 04:38:48 pm »

I don't really see what the lord's death changes in terms of the benefits of the deal - all that would happen is that the deal would be even less risky (and could wipe out the remaining scum in one fell swoop).  Although if the town doesn't want to deal I guess I'll just have to find someone anti-town to take it.
If Toaster is the Lord, it's likely Crown and Bd are both Town, so the deal doesn't help us as much. More importantly, the time limit vanishes, since we're not losing ground each lynch.

That said, I suppose the testing factor has merits.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 18, 2011, 06:06:37 pm »

Toaster claimed Guard Day 2. If he were lord, he would have had to have nabbed a Guard as the first convert, and then saw fit to falseclaim right away... I don't find this scenario impossible, but it's both unlikely, and counterproductive for scum to falseclaim any sooner than they had to... better options may open up in the future.

Why is it that BDTheMag gets a free pass to lurk, contribute nothing, and stay out of everyone's crosshairs? I started rooting around, and he's only posted 2 votes, one on me, and one on Crown. Granted, he took over for Kilikan on D2, but that still leaves a week worth of inactivity on his part... coupled with a grand total of 14 posts as of now. Also, in regard to his former self, I dug up an old Day 1 reaction that's quite interesting:

Kilakan:
It's kilakan who earns my suspicion, though. Headstrong charge into a vote, putting down all the pressure[...] After this, Kilakan gets called out and instead of continuing to fight for his argument, he utterly collapses, apologizing all along the way. He's been silent since.

Something tells me that's an argument you pulled from your arse Kilakan, and lacking any real conviction in it you crumpled when it hit a rebuttal, lest you look bad. Simply scumtastic.

Solifuge-Give me a fucking decent argument scum instead of just laying down a vote off-hand without having read everything and then pissing off for 3 hours.

This is an awfully emotional response to a vote that didn't have much force.  Did he hit a nerve?  You've certainly been spewing a lot of bile this game.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 18, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »

Or, you know, claimed that he guarded Dariush but in truth nobody did, and Dariush played along because he was covering for he's lord.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: September 18, 2011, 07:00:14 pm »

Max, I've been locked up, twice now. Once to stop potential demonkilling, and once to keep me from being converted. If it wasn't Toaster, I'd invite you to tell me who did it.

I was first locked up the night after my death, and it's impossible that I could have been converted by then to agree with Toaster. If the theory is that those who were guarded were converted, then why was Dariush (who started Cult) locked up on N1? Moreover, why did Toaster help lead the lynch on him, on the basis that him being locked up kept him from performing a Nightkill (remember, this was when we were assuming a Vanilla Scumteam)? Lastly, why would Toaster have locked up and then lynched a teammate, thus causing Dariush's flip to reveal the Cult, when he could have kept the nature of the Scumteam in obscurity?

It makes no sense at all. The whole lynch is a farce. A Vampire Slave he may be, but he's not a Lord.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 18, 2011, 07:17:12 pm »

Why is it that BDTheMag gets a free pass to lurk, contribute nothing, and stay out of everyone's crosshairs? I started rooting around, and he's only posted 2 votes, one on me, and one on Crown. Granted, he took over for Kilikan on D2, but that still leaves a week worth of inactivity on his part... coupled with a grand total of 14 posts as of now. Also, in regard to his former self, I dug up an old Day 1 reaction that's quite interesting:
Well if I make one more deal he's dead anyway.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 18, 2011, 07:22:00 pm »

Solifuge:
I was first locked up the night after my death, and it's impossible that I could have been converted by then to agree with Toaster.
I just want this tidbit emphasized for anyone who thought you might not be scum and/or had the faintest idea what you were talking about.

Moreover, why did Toaster help lead the lynch on him, on the basis that him being locked up kept him from performing a Nightkill (remember, this was when we were assuming a Vanilla Scumteam)? Lastly, why would Toaster have locked up and then lynched a teammate, thus causing Dariush's flip to reveal the Cult, when he could have kept the nature of the Scumteam in obscurity?
Two reasons.

Essentially, they wouldn't have been able to get away with that for very long. Two nights in a row with no kill, everyone's going to at least suspect there's a cult, and if no roleblockers/protectors come forth to claim responsibility, they're pretty much going to confirm it.

So for starters, leading the lynch on Dariush let Toaster avoid having to ignore a scummy teammate and gave him Town cred, as well as establishing early on that he had no idea a Cult might be around.

Secondly, it was the only time he could fakeclaim Guard, which is a nice safe role because it's useful, and I believe not unusual to have duplicates of.

It makes no sense at all. The whole lynch is a farce. A Vampire Slave he may be, but he's not a Lord.
If you really believed or cared about that, you'd be doing something about it instead of spewing bullshit and WIFOM because you know you look like obvscum.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 18, 2011, 07:25:28 pm »

I was first locked up the night after my death, and it's impossible that I could have been converted by then to agree with Toaster.
...On the other hand, if Toaster's not actually a guard, it would be perfectly possible for him to convert you on that night and get you to agree afterwards.

If the theory is that those who were guarded were converted, then why was Dariush (who started Cult) locked up on N1? Moreover, why did Toaster help lead the lynch on him, on the basis that him being locked up kept him from performing a Nightkill (remember, this was when we were assuming a Vanilla Scumteam)? Lastly, why would Toaster have locked up and then lynched a teammate, thus causing Dariush's flip to reveal the Cult, when he could have kept the nature of the Scumteam in obscurity?
I hate to say WIFOM, but in this case, it would make perfect sense.  If there were a way to make the Vampire Lord completely free of suspicion, then it's worth doing, no matter how many slaves you have to bus.  Barring really unlucky power roles it would be impossible for the vampire team to lose as long as the Lord stays alive and unsuspected.

That said, I think it's unlikely, but that it would be an absolutely brilliant and brave plan if it actually were the case.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 18, 2011, 07:30:23 pm »

...and once again, Leafsnail illustrates that his real concern is who Town lynches, despite repeatedly trying to make a big point of how "he doesn't actually care".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 2 Replacements STILL needed
« Reply #927 on: September 18, 2011, 07:35:21 pm »

Come to think of it, I think I may also have the nail in the coffin of Solifuge's "Leafsnail is the vampire lord" theory.

Also, each inspect also included three cards along with their role type. I don't think it is that important beyond flavour, but who knows.

(Night): (Player), (Role), (Cards)
N1: Vector, Survivor, Maiden, Rose, Moon.
N2: Lordnincompoop, Protector, Shield, Sun, Star.
N3: Leafsnail, Changer, Fool, Wiseman, Peddler
Tell me that doesn't hint at being a devil.  I think the cards are thematically linked to the role (Vector is a maiden who meets others under the moon (rose seems a bit less related), Lordnincompoop comes down from the skies to shield his target, I peddle goods to fools in return for their souls).  Certainly I can't see how any of those three relate to the Vampire Lord at all.

Fakeedit: Hey, I guess this was timely after all.  I still don't care who gets lynched (hence me not voting or saying the theory is actually likely), I was just pointing out the gaping holes in your argument.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 18, 2011, 07:40:05 pm »

Max, I've been locked up, twice now. Once to stop potential demonkilling, and once to keep me from being converted. If it wasn't Toaster, I'd invite you to tell me who did it.

I was first locked up the night after my death, and it's impossible that I could have been converted by then to agree with Toaster. If the theory is that those who were guarded were converted, then why was Dariush (who started Cult) locked up on N1? Moreover, why did Toaster help lead the lynch on him, on the basis that him being locked up kept him from performing a Nightkill (remember, this was when we were assuming a Vanilla Scumteam)? Lastly, why would Toaster have locked up and then lynched a teammate, thus causing Dariush's flip to reveal the Cult, when he could have kept the nature of the Scumteam in obscurity?

Because there is no lock up.
You were not locked up once, nor twice, but never, and are now a vampire slave who is trying to confirm your masters claims. Lynching Dariush was a gambit to try and confirm him as a non-lord. Dariush wasn't locked up n1 at all. He didn't lock up a team mate, he bussed him.
And this is Dariush, with a vanilla role to boot. He is more useful to scum as a bus than anything else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 18, 2011, 07:44:21 pm »

Also, scum team trying to lynch the devil so that he can't give me the deal and blast Toaster.
You guys play like bots.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 70