Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278108 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 1 Replacement needed, again
« Reply #795 on: September 09, 2011, 04:00:10 pm »

While you are there, any reason for the vote, Toasty? I admit Jim would also be my top pick, but it seemed a bit of a toss jsut to get someone killed.

Says the nonvoter.

If it bugs you you can tie the vote again.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 09, 2011, 04:04:38 pm »

No, id vote you anyway, it does not really matter, since i will accept the deal tonight and get on with it.

Also, you better damn make sure irony survive or ill be pissed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 09, 2011, 05:38:21 pm »

I voted to Extend once already. We each get more than one though, I take it? If so, I'd second another Extend, but it's already done. Too many people haven't been around to discuss our current tack.
Oh, missed that. My bad.

Anyway, let it be said that I hate these huge, split-up quote posts; they're terrible to read, and worse to quote, re-split-up, and respond to in any easily legible way. Your questions are listed in the spoiler header, the relevant quotes within the spoiler, and the response below, to limit the size.
Do you have a better method?

If he actually does it in every game, perhaps that's all I'm seeing. My keenest memories of him have been in Wizards Duels and Paranormals where he has both been Scum, and downplayed the threat or played up the success of Town to lure people into a sense of security, until it was too late fot them to overpower the Scumteam.

Pretty sure he talked smack on the 'team in Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Just mentioned this a few posts up. See Here and Here, and consider how you, as a Cultist player, would use someone like Crown, whom everyone openly suspected as Cult, but hadn't bothered to lynch yet because their Leader was still at large? I'd play on their distrust of him, and direct him to sew dissent by causing town to second-guess their good lynches, or reaffirm their mislynches.

Okay no. Both your examples are necessary for your conclusion, so that's circular reasoning. Your other/actual argument is "well this is what I would do," which is WIFOM at best. What makes you think the scumteam would act and think like you would, especially given that (in theory) they have information you don't?

I can't help your feelings, but that statement wasn't out of the blue. I was responding to Toaster asking who he should Protect near the start of today (can't find the post, and I'm in a hurry now). When we're trying to avoid guarding potential Lords from the Devil-Kill, and when my role could be used to really hurt chances of a Town victory by resing 1 Cultist (thus tying up lynches for 2 days), I suggested it. Who he protects is his prerogative.

I guess.

If being masons are their only power, then they're not likely to be alone, true. I know Vector's habits, and she'd have been talkative as hell in a Mason Group, scum or no. You implied she said nothing, even flavor or silliness, when pressed about it. I believe you meant nothing important, but I do distrust this a bit.

And yet, you're not asking about it, just suspecting me for it. It's almost like you don't care, or think it'd be better to leave it ambiguous for now so you can swing either way later.

Ah, I had a logical hole on my part. It's true; it's highly unlikely to have a Doctor/Guard, Max White the Fortune Teller, and MBP as a Lord on one team. Still, this got me thinking; the Cult need only have Max White the Fortune Teller, and Irony MBP as any role, since Max could claim Irony MBP was whatever he wanted, and he'd agree, no?

Yes, as I pointed out in my list. I do think converting Max is a somewhat odd choice, so it's less likely than most other "needs to have converted this person" setups, but it's definitely possible for MBP to be the Lord.

Also, what's The Plan this time? MBP gets the kill, kills who now?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 10, 2011, 01:06:03 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Azure Sepulchre: Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Toaster
Jim Groovester: ECrownOfFire, Max White, Solifuge, NUKE9.13
Bdthemag: JoshuaFH

As the sun dips low in the sky the Scribe reads out the final tally. Jim Groovester is then pulled, cursing and spitting, up to the executioner's platform.

"I've seen your dreams." He growls. "You know in your hearts you are doomed. Submit to your new masters, and perhaps you shall be spared!" He grins widely as the axe chops down.

The look of manic glee on his decapitated face will haunt many of the townsfolk for years to come.

The High Priest, a grim look on his face, approaches the body. He inspects it for a bit, and then draws back, sketching a holy symbol in the air. "A servant of the Vampire lord, no question about it. And I think his claim of being a Dreamwalker was true. A shame such a man fell under the sway of darkness."

"Now, back to your homes, all of you. May the gods grant us victory tomorrow!"

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:09:46 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Night 4 - Replacement neededs, again
« Reply #799 on: September 13, 2011, 12:12:33 pm »

You meet again the next morning, boots wet from dew-soaked grass. Everyone is here? Then things did not go as planned last night.

And as always in this mess...you have no idea who you can really trust.

Day 5 has begun. It will go until ~5m Pacific Friday

Sorry for the delay, had issues getting to bay12forms for most of yesterday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 5 - 2 Replacement needed!
« Reply #800 on: September 13, 2011, 12:14:52 pm »

Leafsnail and MBP... care to enlighten us as to what happened last night?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:31 pm »

He seemed to auto-reject my deal since he's a Guardian Angel (the flavour very strongly supports his claim).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 13, 2011, 01:04:06 pm »

Interesting- perhaps it's a not very useful way of determining who is some sort of divine/demonic entity if that's the case.

I blocked Solifuge last night, for lack of a good choice, to attempt to prevent any conversion attempt on him.  That, and I'd rather not deal with any more "Is X a demon or human?"   No one tried to visit him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 13, 2011, 01:23:53 pm »

Indeed, it auto-rejected the deal (very nice flavor too, i must say), and i protected irony from conversion.

My hope is that they tought my death was incoming and they lost their conversion on irony, but that would be some bad scum playing all around.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 13, 2011, 02:06:27 pm »

I told you assholes I was a Dreamwalker.

But nooooooooo, no one wanted to believe me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 13, 2011, 02:37:33 pm »

Azure: The Hermit + The Garden + The Village = watcher.
Now, no deal went down last night? So the thing that was going to prove Leafsnail was in fact what he claimed to be didn't happen?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 13, 2011, 02:54:26 pm »

Max White, the posts that explain why the deal didn't happen are literally 2 and 4 posts above yours.  Please at least read and address them.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 13, 2011, 03:03:48 pm »

And you're ignoring it.

I guess this means you're a vampire slave trying to get yourself lynched?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 13, 2011, 03:07:11 pm »

Nope. Not a vampire.
I got no visitors last night, Toaster included. And that seems odd to me, because I would have thought he wanted to protect the guy who could detect lords.

Still, wait for the claims to come in.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70