Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278194 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 1 Replacement STILL needed
« Reply #705 on: September 05, 2011, 03:59:46 am »

It is a moot point when he does. Until then your just avoiding the question.

If he doesn't I will point to previous precedent (Toaster's Guard flavor) until he does confirm it.

I'm not going to answer your question like a liar because I'm not one.

I don't know, you're usually able to pull stuff out of your ass in volumes and at speeds that amaze and frighten me.

I'd be hard pressed to accurately describe how a role I don't have works, especially with the role working differently from previous rounds, in such a short amount of time.

From my ass.

I'd be found out pretty quick if I was wrong, wouldn't I? I'm not, which is why I can speak with such confidence about it.

Jim, I may dislike the angry arrogance with which you play Mafia, but I don't let that affect how I play.

Bullshit. You've been whining the whole fucking game about me. Every argument you've ever come up with to vote or suspect me I've stricken down immediately and forcefully and convincingly, and yet you keep coming back to the same conclusion. Jim Groovester must be scum, all because he lynched me.

I wonder what else you'll cough up for a reason to suspect me. You've already burned through half a dozen so far.

Moreover, you claiming Dreamwalker IN NO WAY clears you to anyone. On top of asking us to assume that the Dreamwalker role changed in a fundamental way since the last game, you're asking us to buy that it's your role, despite having offered nothing to support that claim with but ONE STAGGERING COINCIDENCE.

You really expect anyone to clear you, based on the claim that over 3 nights, you randomly targeted no players who did anything, when most players have been doing things since the start? And that the one time it DID work just so happened to be targetting someone who was already targeting you, with the only action you could have known about? If you're going to falseclaim, at least falseclaim seeing a Cult Indoctrination or something, man!

People get unlucky, dude. I can't give you anything except the truth, no matter how much you complain about it.

You can vote me for it if you want, but it won't turn me into the Vampire Lord.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 05, 2011, 06:47:26 am »

Since I know how the flavor of a Dreamwalker works this essentially proves I'm not the Vampire Lord.

CASE

CLOSED
Nope.  Even if Meph confirms what you say... you could know that by having converted a Dreamwalker.  Or just by asking Meph in PM (since it obviously isn't restricted information).

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 05, 2011, 07:29:02 am »

Jim, I may dislike the angry arrogance with which you play Mafia, but I don't let that affect how I play.

Bullshit. You've been whining the whole fucking game about me. Every argument you've ever come up with to vote or suspect me I've stricken down immediately and forcefully and convincingly, and yet you keep coming back to the same conclusion. Jim Groovester must be scum, all because he lynched me.

Don't try to spin a legitimate series of attacks as "me being mad because you killed me". Jim, you haven't adequately dealt with my past case on you yet, and your scumminess has been consistent. Every time a case is laid on you, you offer some 5 to 10 sentences of bristling, bitching, and deflecting, with statements that amount to "Nu uh! You are so dumb. You are really dumb. For real."

When I have the time after the weekend, I'll give a nice review, in case you were hoping I wouldn't bring things up. In the meantime, we need to figure out what to do about this Devil gambit.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 05, 2011, 09:55:23 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Jim Groovester: Solifuge
Bdthemag: JoshuaFH

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday

Mysteriousbluepuppet is replacing in for lordnincompoop

Dreamwalkers receive a notice that they had strange dreams they cannot remember if their target had no meaningful night action this game.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 05, 2011, 09:57:02 am »

Hello MysteriousBluePuppet, how are you today?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 05, 2011, 10:01:25 am »

Pretty good. Came back to the forums after 5 monts or so absence. Currently reading the thread, should post this afternoon.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 05, 2011, 11:35:27 am »

And its done. Wll reiterate my role , Guardian Angel. For the full claim asked earlier,
Day 1 he had him shielded from Scan and everything
Day 2 he protected him from nightkills
Day 3 he did nothing

I also want to add, it is circonstancial, but i do have a protect him from conversion option, wich would indicate that he would not be vampire lord. Again, that could be a dastardly Meph strategy to keep everyhting about my ward concealed, but it seems somewhat unlikely to me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 05, 2011, 01:15:12 pm »

Okay, been thinking on this one.   Let's go over claimed roles.

Solifuge:  Lynched, flipped, and ressed.
Toaster:  Guard, blocking confirmed by Dariush, Soli, and Jim.

Solifuge is 100% confirmed non-lord, and no one has counterclaimed my three blocks.  Don't think anyone doubts these.

Leafsnail:  Claimed Devil, no counterclaim.
CrownOfFire:  Claimed Warlock, talked to Solifuge.  Claimed the kill on Nuke- no counterclaim, and backed up by Leafsnail.
JoshuaFH:  Claimed priest who ressed Solifuge, no counterclaim.

Three cases of known roles with no counterclaims, and one case of role confirmation by a known non-lord.  Very likely non-lords.

Mysteriousbluepuppet:  Claimed Guardian Angel, Protector result from Max White
Max White:  Claimed Fortune Teller.  All three claimed results fit roles prior to their claim by the target player.

Max's claim is strongly backed up by other claimed roles, so he is either who he says he is or the lord who has converted a fortune teller who is claiming something else (or is a non-claimant.)  If you believe Max, MBP is not the lord.  Max has volunteered to be deviled.

Personally, I believe Max's claim is strong enough to be trusted.

IronyOwl:  Claimed Witch, no counterclaim.

No counterclaims on this one, but it's always possible that he is the lord and managed to recruit both witches (and the remainder is, of course, claiming something else/not claiming.)  Possible not-lord.

Jim Groovester:  Claimed Dreamwalker.
Bdthemag:  ? - took a redirect N1 per Leafsnail
Azure Sepulchre:  ?

Here we go- one largely unverifiable claim and two non-claims.  It's almost certainly one of these three, with a much reduced chance of Irony.

And the usefulness of all this?  I'm starting to like Leaf's plan more.  Out of the four real Lord possibilities, one has already taken a Devil deal.  Given this, we can lynch one of the others and have the second shoot the third.  Irony is a bad choice for being shot because MBP will just protect him.  Azure has not been on the forum since 8/23, so we can't assume he'll be around to take the deal.

I propose we lynch Azure, give the kill to Irony, and have him shoot Jim, who I'd pick for a cultist if he isn't the lord.  Anyone see problems with that?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 05, 2011, 01:53:45 pm »

I do agree that Azure is disposable, considering in my reread i remember seeing what, 3 post form the guy ? Not an asset to town. I agree.

As for the deal, there may be caveats. Id rather have somebody else than Irony take it, seeing as him dying would quite possibly mean a loss to me. Possibility
 First, if he does accept, it means he is not a lord, else that would be glorified suicide. If BD is the lord, then again he would not take the offer, again basically that would screw vampires over.
If Jim is the lord, then he could use the kill on townie, convert, etc. Theyd lose a member, gain another, and get a town kill for the trouble, not counting bd removal ( they know wheter or not hes a vampire after all). would get pretty close to a vampire controlled vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 05, 2011, 03:42:22 pm »

Don't try to spin a legitimate series of attacks as "me being mad because you killed me".

Okay.

Tell me that you're not mad I lynched you.

Tell me that I was wrong to do it.

I asked you a while ago to tell me I was wrong to lynch you, and conveniently, you never answered.

Jim, you haven't adequately dealt with my past case on you yet, and your scumminess has been consistent. Every time a case is laid on you, you offer some 5 to 10 sentences of bristling, bitching, and deflecting, with statements that amount to "Nu uh! You are so dumb. You are really dumb. For real."

When I have the time after the weekend, I'll give a nice review, in case you were hoping I wouldn't bring things up. In the meantime, we need to figure out what to do about this Devil gambit.

Those five to ten sentences you call bristling, bitching, and deflecting, is actually handily refuting your arguments. I'm not surprised you didn't notice. It would take somebody as obsessed about lynching me as you to view expert defense as petty bitching.

If I haven't adequately dealt with a case you brought up (sure, whatever), then how come you've completely dropped every attack you've ever brought up against me?

Really, your problem is that you're trying to work backwards from the conclusion you reached the minute Day 1 turned into night. You should sign up for the next Beginner's Mafia so I can tell you in no uncertain terms why that's a terrible way to play.

Dreamwalkers receive a notice that they had strange dreams they cannot remember if their target had no meaningful night action this game.

And of course they do.

CASE

CLOSED

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 05, 2011, 06:07:34 pm »

No, no no. I do not need a replace right now, its just that this will probally be my last game for awhile.

Role Claiming time, I am a Knight (Town Aligned), and I am immune to all night kills. N1 I was offered a power, and I took a redirect. I have not used it yet, since I was waiting until something urgent came up to use it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 05, 2011, 11:36:02 pm »

I have a better idea. We lynch Azure, and the devil gives his deal to Jim. Jim either:

1. Turns it down, as he is the Lord/a slave, and is lynched the following day

2. Accepts it, despite being the Lord, and has to ignore it in favor of converting a final slave that he hopes can carry the day when he vanishes

3. Accepts it, being town, and kills off someone he feels is probably a slave

4. Accepts it, being a slave, and kills off one final townie to compensate for his impending departure

I'm in favor of giving the kill (or something else, but then we get nothing if the target's innocent) to scummier players, as it's basically an even trade. With a townie, we lose them and then they might miss.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 06, 2011, 01:12:56 am »

If that's what it takes to find the Vampire Lord, then fine, I'll do it. But I'm not happy about dying because you lazy fucks don't believe me.

Azure Sepulchre.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 06, 2011, 01:18:30 am »

What the hell Jim?
When the plan involves you dying by lynch, your against it, but when it involved being sent to hell your up for it?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 06, 2011, 02:28:20 am »

Don't pretend you wouldn't complain if I refused to take the deal.

You're putting me into a position where you'd object to anything I do.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 70