Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278193 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 1 Replacement STILL needed
« Reply #690 on: September 04, 2011, 08:32:35 pm »

So what happens if a vampire lord tries to convert a third party? Don't we have a previous lord here somewhere?

Anyway, that basically leaves Jim (cough cough), Azure, and BD for potential lords. All we need is a claim from each of them and we're mostly good to go.

We still need to hunt down the slaves though. Fucking cults.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 2 Replacements STILL needed
« Reply #691 on: September 04, 2011, 08:43:59 pm »

Leafsnail:
On Devils:  Didn't the taken players lose regardless of alignment?  Leaf, you might want to confirm that with Meph.  Getting taken to hell for eternal damnation doesn't sound like much of a victory to me.
I have confirmed it.  It isn't really any difference to winning of spite of having been brutally murdered.

Sorry, confirmed it which way?

Crown:
So what happens if a vampire lord tries to convert a third party? Don't we have a previous lord here somewhere?

It works.  In Super 3 I was third party (SK) and got converted to the Vamp team, and was a key part of their landslide victory.

You realize Jim claimed already, right?

LNCP:  If Irony dies, do you stay in the game?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 04, 2011, 08:46:54 pm »

Players who are taken to hell win with their alignment.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #693 on: September 04, 2011, 08:54:06 pm »

Crown:

It works.  In Super 3 I was third party (SK) and got converted to the Vamp team, and was a key part of their landslide victory.

You realize Jim claimed already, right?
Oh, I didn't see that claim.

And that first bit is really annoying.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 05, 2011, 02:45:55 am »

Unvote.

I'm a Guardian Angel, who wins by ensuring IronyOwl's (formerly Pandarsenic) survival for the remainder of the game. Each night, I may choose to protect said person from nightkills, from inspects (both are complete) or require that the person needs one more vote to be lynched the next day. I'm not sure if irony can confirm this or not.
I'd like a flavor claim on this, in addition to your actions each night.

Seeing as I'm also a third-party, you could probably lynch/NK me too. It wouldn't be very productive, though, seeing as I don't have a dangerous wincon and IronyOwl isn't a dangerous role.
And you don't mind dying because?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 05, 2011, 02:52:58 am »

Yeah, I guess you've caught me.  I'm the Devil.
Night one I offered a free choice of any of my wares to Kilikan, who turned into Bdthemag in the night.  He accepted my offer and obtained the ability to perform a one-shot redirect.

Hmm... Unvote.

One thing I'd like to clear up before I go any further in considering the merits of letting you spirit 3 people away. BDthemag (if you're actually here now (I see mixed reports), can you confirm that you were approached by Leafsnail with an offer on Night 1? If so, why did you take a redirect, and what did you do with it?

I'm a Dreamwalker. Nights 1 and 2 I didn't see anything. Night 3, I got to see Toaster come to my house and lock me up. This was in addition to the knock on my door alerting me that I was being locked in my room.

Not only is this a really safe Scum claim, with no way for anyone to check it, you claim it did absolutely nothing for you. Dreamwalkers have always gotten SOMETHING; the way it's worked in the past, you received the night reports of other players, even if it was just them pacing and lying down. You should be able to describe even the mundane narratives you saw, and we can check them against the narratives received by current survivors, to see if any match up. Also, even if Toaster locked you up, the ability still triggers, which you imply is not the case.

Jim Groovester, I simply don't believe your claim. You're one of the few strong candidates we have for Vampire Lord, and I feel comfortable lynching you for the scumminess you've shown, since you started your empty lurker lynches on Day 1.

Let's assume we went along with your offer, so you win and get three new door mats, who would you give this power to?
Meph: Do players that accept the devils offer lose the game, or are they just removed and depend on the town winning

Those that took the deal still win with their team, as though killed normally; as such, it's a sacrifice a player could take to help their team win. I still need to consider what losing those that took the deal so far would mean. Still, were we to try the Devil's Gambit, we should all vote for someone (or they can volunteer) to accept the deal before the day is over, as well as a target for them to kill with it. If they don't kill the target, or the one we decide doesn't take the deal at all, it incriminates them outright, and we can lynch them the next day. A soul is a small price to pay; I'm sure the Gods would look favorably on such a sacrifice.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 05, 2011, 03:13:36 am »

Not only is this a really safe Scum claim, with no way for anyone to check it, you claim it did absolutely nothing for you. Dreamwalkers have always gotten SOMETHING; the way it's worked in the past, you received the night reports of other players, even if it was just them pacing and lying down. You should be able to describe even the mundane narratives you saw, and we can check them against the narratives received by current survivors, to see if any match up. Also, even if Toaster locked you up, the ability still triggers, which you imply is not the case.

Oh really.

Meph, will you confirm that Dreamwalkers who do not successfully receive the action PM of another player instead only get a brief mention of inconsequential dreams, with no description about what they are?

That's the way it is this game. You'll remember that there was a discussion about Toaster's Guard flavor, and Meph confirmed it worked differently this game than it did in previous games. Same deal.

Since I know how the flavor of a Dreamwalker works this essentially proves I'm not the Vampire Lord.

CASE

CLOSED

Jim Groovester, I simply don't believe your claim. You're one of the few strong candidates we have for Vampire Lord, and I feel comfortable lynching you for the scumminess you've shown, since you started your empty lurker lynches on Day 1.

U mad?

I'm having a hard time believing that this vote comes from anything except spite. You've had it out for me all game long, ever since I lynched you on Day 1, completely justifiably no less.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 05, 2011, 03:22:16 am »

Since I know how the flavor of a Dreamwalker works this essentially proves I'm not the Vampire Lord.
Well, you told us how it works, doesn't really prove your not pulling it out of your ass.
What do we do if Meph doesn't confirm your claims?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 05, 2011, 03:28:59 am »

So I can immediately pinpoint a problem with Solifuge's argument that relates to how my role works mere minutes after it gets challenged.

Yeah, definitely pulling this out of my ass.

What do we do if Meph doesn't confirm your claims?

He will. So it's a moot point.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 05, 2011, 03:30:30 am »

It is a moot point when he does. Until then your just avoiding the question.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 05, 2011, 03:32:59 am »

Jim, I may dislike the angry arrogance with which you play Mafia, but I don't let that affect how I play. That doesn't help me win... lynching Scum does. Moreover, you claiming Dreamwalker IN NO WAY clears you to anyone. On top of asking us to assume that the Dreamwalker role changed in a fundamental way since the last game, you're asking us to buy that it's your role, despite having offered nothing to support that claim with but ONE STAGGERING COINCIDENCE.

You really expect anyone to clear you, based on the claim that over 3 nights, you randomly targeted no players who did anything, when most players have been doing things since the start? And that the one time it DID work just so happened to be targetting someone who was already targeting you, with the only action you could have known about? If you're going to falseclaim, at least falseclaim seeing a Cult Indoctrination or something, man!

Oh, and why do we care about this theory to do with Crown making a nk bus? I don't see what it really changes. What does Soli wish to gain by pointing Crown out as a slave?
In case it wasn't horribly obvious, the big assumptive story was just tasty bait. Bait that was taken, and which also revealed the urgency with which the Scum Team need to kill the Devil, to prevent their teammates from going to Hell with him.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #701 on: September 05, 2011, 03:32:59 am »

So I can immediately pinpoint a problem with Solifuge's argument that relates to how my role works mere minutes after it gets challenged.

Yeah, definitely pulling this out of my ass.
I don't know, you're usually able to pull stuff out of your ass in volumes and at speeds that amaze and frighten me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 05, 2011, 03:33:30 am »

Damn, posted on the same second. You must've been just milliseconds after me, Crown.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #703 on: September 05, 2011, 03:38:09 am »

Damn, posted on the same second. You must've been just milliseconds after me, Crown.
I wasn't even notified that I was ninja'd. Holy fuck, I must have hit the post button while your post was in transit to the server.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #704 on: September 05, 2011, 03:46:30 am »

Actually, that still doesn't make sense. How the fuck did that happen?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 70