Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278237 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 -Day 4 - 2 Replacements STILL needed
« Reply #645 on: September 02, 2011, 09:15:39 pm »

What does a dreamwalker do exactly?

I randomly target a player. If they take an action, I get their action PM in my own action PM. Otherwise, I get meaningless dreams and stuff.

I don't know who the player doing the action is, since any mention of that is deliberately left out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 02, 2011, 09:42:00 pm »

I'm going to guess that the cards relate to roles. I'm also willing to bet that Leafsnail is the devil. The people who sell their souls are fools, the wiseman rejects his offer, and he is the peddler that peddles power for souls.

Crown, why don't you consider the possibility that "Changer" means that Leafsnail is the Vampire Lord? Do you have a hard time seeing that? Also, why take a kill instead of the other options (assuming there are still other options).

Solifuge:  Why did you not raise Jokerman?

Since JoshuaFH was a Pious Priest, I get the feeling that I'm probably an Unpious Priest... meaning that if I raised him he'd come back as a Serial Killer. Nice as it might be to throw in a 3rd Party SK to complicate things for the Vamp Cult, it adds a wildcard I don't feel comfortable dealing with right now... especially when we'd be risking it just to get back a Vanilla Townie.

I'll be saving my Res for a power-role, or someone I deem valuable enough to Town to counter the risk.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #647 on: September 02, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »

I'm going to guess that the cards relate to roles. I'm also willing to bet that Leafsnail is the devil. The people who sell their souls are fools, the wiseman rejects his offer, and he is the peddler that peddles power for souls.

Crown, why don't you consider the possibility that "Changer" means that Leafsnail is the Vampire Lord? Do you have a hard time seeing that? Also, why take a kill instead of the other options (assuming there are still other options).
I admit that he could also be the lord, but the cards seem to point to the devil. Either way, we catch scum, so it doesn't really matter, does it? I just think that it's more likely he's the devil.

Second, the options were NK, RB, protect, investigate role and faction, and redirect. As it stands, protect is pretty damn useless against cult, investigate likely only points to more slaves and requires people to trust me, and redirection and RB are complete shots in the dark. I'd rather just kill and get it over with, it doesn't use up a lynch.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 02, 2011, 09:59:54 pm »

That is assuming that the cards tell something more about roles. So tell me, what do you think the other two mean?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 02, 2011, 10:06:39 pm »

Im back after some stuff happened to me over a period of time. I requested to be back in the game, just not sure if im officially back in the game.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:37 pm »

I'd again like to ask that the Covenbuddy of Nuke9.13 comes forward now; this doesn't incriminate you, and you have nothing to gain from keeping it or what you and he said a secret... on the contrary, it excludes you from being the Vamp Leader, and helps us find him.

I admit that he could also be the lord, but the cards seem to point to the devil. Either way, we catch scum, so it doesn't really matter, does it? I just think that it's more likely he's the devil.

Second, the options were NK, RB, protect, investigate role and faction, and redirect. As it stands, protect is pretty damn useless against cult, investigate likely only points to more slaves and requires people to trust me, and redirection and RB are complete shots in the dark. I'd rather just kill and get it over with, it doesn't use up a lynch.

A Full-Inspection is very powerful, could have let you finally clear yourself, and meshes well with your ability to speak with the dead (to follow-up on their leads). Roleblocking is THE power to counter Cult with. I'll tell you why you picked the Kill, why you don't want to admit that Leafsnail is the Vamp Leader, and at long last reveal *gasp of gasps!* your alignment.

Until last night, Vector/Nuke was a Town Witch. On Day 3, Leafsnail and Crown were the only two voting for him, a safe outlier, using weak and uninspiring arguments unlikely to draw more fire to their target. That night, Crown was approached by the Devil, and he and Leaf decided to turn the last day's vote not only into a cover for them both, but into retroactive bussing; Leaf converted him, and Crown used his power to kill him. Crown could claim that he killed Scum today, while Leaf could point to his D3 Vote on Nuke to hint at his innocence.

I suspect this is a pattern Leafsnail has taken up, to avoid casting suspicion on the people he converts, or avoiding letting them cast suspicion on him. On Day 2, Leafsnail did the same thing, placing a lone vote on Crown, following an increase in Crown's scumminess, due to his being converted that night.

To add clout, something I noticed upon rereading; Leafsnail defended Dariush early on, and Dariush defended Leafsnail in turn (as well as throwing in a funny little in-joke they could LOL about later... you should be able to see what I'm talking about).

So, Leafsnail, would you please join us, and explain how you're a changer, but not a Vampire Lord? We'd all be much obliged.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 03, 2011, 12:36:39 am »

If we do lynch the vampire lord today, will we still need to find the devil?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #652 on: September 03, 2011, 01:13:40 am »

That is assuming that the cards tell something more about roles. So tell me, what do you think the other two mean?
Well, obviously Nuke/Vector was a witch. The maiden and moon are both part of all that, symbols of witchcraft.

I'd guess LNCP is an illusionist with the light themed cards.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 03, 2011, 01:27:58 am »

Leafsnail you asshole, your minion killed my coven-buddy! How could you do that to your own other minion?!

Unfortunately, neither Nuke nor I (nor Vector nor Pandar) had any brilliant insights into anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 03, 2011, 01:35:36 am »

So you were all just witches? Nothing more special?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #655 on: September 03, 2011, 01:37:55 am »

Hurray, another semi-confirmed not-lord person!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 03, 2011, 01:56:20 am »

Until last night, Vector/Nuke was a Town Witch. On Day 3, Leafsnail and Crown were the only two voting for him, a safe outlier, using weak and uninspiring arguments unlikely to draw more fire to their target. That night, Crown was approached by the Devil, and he and Leaf decided to turn the last day's vote not only into a cover for them both, but into retroactive bussing; Leaf converted him, and Crown used his power to kill him. Crown could claim that he killed Scum today, while Leaf could point to his D3 Vote on Nuke to hint at his innocence.

This theory doesn't make any sense. How does this make sense?

If we take all your assumptions as true (which you're making a lot of, I'll point out), then the scum team lost out on a potential convert and a town kill to lose a teammate and gain some WIFOM. How is that a good idea?

This reminds me of Book. Man, was that jackass ready to see the game any way he wanted just to justify any theory he could come up with, no matter how self-defeating or remote.

Leafsnail you asshole, your minion killed my coven-buddy! How could you do that to your own other minion?!

You're awfully quick to believe such a horrible theory.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 03, 2011, 03:02:21 am »

The concept of bussing a teammate to suggest your innocence isn't a hard concept to grasp. Why is this hard for you to grasp?

Yes, I'm making assumptions, based on observations. That is what this game is about, since you don't know jack shit unless you're the culprit. You should know this by now.

You're awfully quick to believe such a horrible theory.

You're awfully quick to, once again, offer spiteful words, with a side of No Point Whatsoever. How about you stop spewing your trademark crap, and start saying something worthwhile? Maybe some useful observations or theories, or are you fresh out?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 03, 2011, 04:04:10 am »

The concept of bussing a teammate to suggest your innocence isn't a hard concept to grasp. Why is this hard for you to grasp?

Yes, I'm making assumptions, based on observations. That is what this game is about, since you don't know jack shit unless you're the culprit. You should know this by now.

But it wasn't a bus. It was a one shot kill used on a prospective teammate.

Further, it's already been vehemently established that CrownOfFire is not the Vampire Lord, so him and Leafsnail shooting NUKE9.13 while converting him is not only counterproductive to the goals of the vampyre team, but also completely unnecessary since we all immediately came to the conclusion on Day 3 that we need to lynch the fucking Vampire Lord and not converts.

You're not adequately explaining what benefits the scum team gets out of this theory.

You're awfully quick to, once again, offer spiteful words, with a side of No Point Whatsoever. How about you stop spewing your trademark crap, and start saying something worthwhile? Maybe some useful observations or theories, or are you fresh out?

Damn dude, I shit on your theory and all of a sudden you get pissed if I want to find out why somebody else would immediately buy into it.

Shame on me for wanting to find that out.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 70