Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278262 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed
« Reply #570 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:00 pm »

Max:  ...Fine.  After he responds to you, tell me how serious your vote is.

Answer me this, though:  Who is your top pick for Vamp Lord that isn't named Jokerman-EXE?  Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:49 pm »

Leafsnail, because even when he has been active, I have had trouble finding anything participially productive he did. He has just sort of been floating around.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 25, 2011, 10:04:31 pm »

Jim:  Your logic looks like it has a hole to me- how do you reach the conclusion that inexperienced players are more likely to be cult leader?

There's an idea I'm trying to get at but I don't think I'm expressing it well enough.

We have the Vampire Lord. Given the choice of any player in the game to recruit to the scum team, who would he choose? Regardless of whether he's experienced or inexperienced, he's going to pick the powerful town players. It follows then, that as the game goes on, more and more experienced players will be poached to the scum team.

Therefore, regardless of whether the Vampire Lord is experienced or not, if we look at experienced players we're going to find Vampyres. But if we do, we're going to find more converts than converters.

If we look at scummy looking inexperienced players, though, since it's unlikely they'll be converted, and since they've been scummy from the beginning of the game, their scumminess would be more indicative of them being the Vampire Lord, rather than a convert.

Therefore, it would be more productive for the town to look at scummy looking inexperienced players instead of experienced players. While we'll still probably find scum looking at experienced players, it's going to be hard to find the Vampire Lord. Meanwhile we've still got all these scummy noobs who are still alive.

Does that make sense? That's my current attitude right now. I don't think it's so much an issue of probability (i.e., it's just as likely for an experienced or an inexperienced player to get the Vampire Lord role), but an issue of productivity, i.e., we'd be better off looking at people who were scummy from the start of the game. Maybe experience is just incidental to that.

I also don't like that you didn't vote Max until I asked you about it, but there's not much to say about that.

I have been busy.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05:19 am »

Meph:  Assuming the Devil role is the same as it was in Super 1, does his survival prevent a town win if all other scum is eliminated?

Knowledge about 3rd party roles is unavailable.

Prods have been sent to inactive players.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 26, 2011, 11:25:09 am »

Ah, sorry about my lack of participation. As much as I hate to say, I'm not very invested in this game. My fault, completely. I'm sorry.

Let's see what I can do though, inspite of my brain being fried.

JokerMan, I think you're the cult leader. My gut can churn that out.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 26, 2011, 01:00:49 pm »

I'm here. Still getting shafted on hours; I'll post tonight. If I don't, lynch me for being a lying bastard.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 26, 2011, 01:09:20 pm »

Meph:  I figured as much.  In any case, the Devil will end up being the X-factor here, since he can potentially give the Vampire team a kill.

Jim:  I see what you're saying, but you had phrased it more as to focus on inexperienced players first instead of people scummy from game start first.  There's a big difference between those two views.

In any case, nothing further on that point as of right now.

Joker:  I'll be waiting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 26, 2011, 04:07:12 pm »

JokerMan, I think you're the cult leader. My gut can churn that out.

What reasons does your gut have?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 26, 2011, 04:40:35 pm »

General lurkiness and passivity, pretty much. I wouldn't say this is the most informed vote, but it's what I'm going with atm.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 26, 2011, 04:43:56 pm »

Why Jokerman-EXE over other lurky, passive players?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 26, 2011, 04:47:37 pm »

I think it's pretty clear that I can't vote all of them at once.

In all seriousness, after looking at the list of remaining players, for some reason Joker stands out for a reason my logical mind can't grasp.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 26, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »

Could we get the list of people who can't be the Lord and why again?

In all seriousness, after looking at the list of remaining players, for some reason Joker stands out for a reason my logical mind can't grasp.
You sure that's not just familiarity or something?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 26, 2011, 05:07:39 pm »

You sure that's not just familiarity or something?

Familiarity?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10:54 pm »

Are you sure you didn't go through the list like "Let's see, he's active, he's a lurker I don't know, oh hey Jokerman I know him and he's lurking again, lurker I don't know, lurker I don't know, lurker I don't know..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 26, 2011, 05:14:59 pm »

I have been reading the thread enough to know who the Vamp Lord can't be, and then from the list of dwindled down available people, I chose the person who was lurking in the most suspicions manner.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 70