Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278263 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed
« Reply #555 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:36 am »

Sure, we can have another slice of extend.

Nuke:  While I fully agree his actions are dumb, you're okay with lynching him despite he is most likely not the cult leader?

Personally, I think it's Jokerman or Jim.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2011, 11:06:07 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
CrownOfFire: NUKE9.13
Jokerman-EXE: Max White, Toaster
Bdthemag: CrownOfFire

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday. Longer than usual, but obviously the majority of players don't have time this week.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2011, 11:23:09 am »

Nuke:  While I fully agree his actions are dumb, you're okay with lynching him despite he is most likely not the cult leader?
Oh yeah.
My pardon, I forgot about that. unvote

Well, at least this has convinced me that BD is not the cult leader (unless CoF is bussing him, which would be ludicrously stupid)
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2011, 02:03:48 pm »

Made it through the thread. Read up to page 17, then skimmed through the rest because fuck reading about how Max White's questions were good.

Jim:  Who are your top picks for vamp leader?

I'm going to guess that experienced players are going to be the first to go into the Cult, and therefore, I'm thinking that it would be more productive to look at inexperienced players who have been consistently scummy all game since they are more likely to be the Vampire Lord, since the experienced players are probably going to end up scum one way or the other. Naturally this falls apart if the Vampire Lord is actually an experienced player, but I suppose very soon we should start lynching experienced players for being likely cult conversion targets. Brutal, but it seems to be the best course of action.

I've read through the thread and kilakan/Bdthemag and Max White both popped out under the criteria of consistently scummy inexperienced players. kilakan, because on second readthrough, I took off the noob goggles I was looking at him with (where I rate activity and aggression considerably higher than what he's actually saying) and found out that he was really fucking scummy. He pushed lots of people for weak reasons, tried to make cases out of them, and whenever he was attacked he bended and contorted and wiggled around at every pressure.

Max White is still scummy, mostly for the same reasons I've already listed (he really wanted to lynch JoshuaFH and was going to do anything to do it).

Jim Groovester:  In addition to the question in my post above, whatever happened to your case on Max?  Yesterday you posted this about him:

I've talked about him a little bit.

I was thinking he was playing awfully belligerently, and a Vampire Lord wouldn't want to attract that much attention, but then I thought that that was WIFOM so screw it.

Max White.

These two things mean that Jim most likely wasn't trying to save Kilakan on d1, so that case is gone. He could still have been culted by Josh (And claiming to be preist would be a good idea, because they both have the same inspect to fortune tellers. Hell, Jim could have raised Soli and that is why he made such a big deal of it, like a doc who makes a save then acts surprised) but what ever, I'm going to try pushing somebody else and see how that works.

That's awfully speculative. Don't tell me you believe that.

Personally, I think it's Jokerman or Jim.

Any reasons why?

Well, at least this has convinced me that BD is not the cult leader (unless CoF is bussing him, which would be ludicrously stupid)

Hold up.

I don't follow how you reached this conclusion.

Yes, I am all caught up! I'm free! Freeeeee!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2011, 02:44:34 pm »

Hold up.

CoF is Scum
CoF is voting BD
Cult do not want to vote for their own leader, certainly not just before the end of the day if its the deciding vote. Notice that CoF was not in favour of an extension, but just wanted to kill someone ASAP. CoF would have to be very savvy, lucky, and stupid to bus in this situation, which is not the impression I get from him.
It isn't solid proof, but it does allow one to subtract the chance that CoF is a cultist from the chance that BD is the cult leader, which, in my opinion, leaves BD well in the black. Er, white. You know what I mean.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2011, 04:50:00 pm »

I'm without internet at home, due to some circumstances beyond my control. I can borrow wireless from one of my neighbors, but posting will be from inconsistent to impossible at home, through the end of the month.

For the sake of some activity, CrownOfFire. I hope the reason is self-explainatory.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »

Oh yeah.
My pardon, I forgot about that. unvote

Hehehe, that got people talking, unvote.

Hold up.

CoF is Scum
CoF is voting BD
Cult do not want to vote for their own leader, certainly not just before the end of the day if its the deciding vote. Notice that CoF was not in favour of an extension, but just wanted to kill someone ASAP. CoF would have to be very savvy, lucky, and stupid to bus in this situation, which is not the impression I get from him.
It isn't solid proof, but it does allow one to subtract the chance that CoF is a cultist from the chance that BD is the cult leader, which, in my opinion, leaves BD well in the black. Er, white. You know what I mean.
That's assuming I'm scum in the first place...

I'm without internet at home, due to some circumstances beyond my control. I can borrow wireless from one of my neighbors, but posting will be from inconsistent to impossible at home, through the end of the month.

For the sake of some activity, CrownOfFire. I hope the reason is self-explainatory.
Reasons? I think not being cult leader is enough reason to NOT vote me. You don't really want to lynch confirmed people.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2011, 04:52:52 pm »

That's awfully speculative. Don't tell me you believe that.
Not enough to be voting right now, but I believe it is possible.

No exactly. We have achieved he isn't the vampire lord.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2011, 05:13:48 pm »

HERPADERP IMA SCUM
Good to know. Note that you say this fully aware that we won't lynch you until we get the leader. However, if we really, really can't find the leader, and the odds aren't in favour of lynching a potential leader at random, we could just lynch you to stick it to the vamps; it won't solve the problem, but it will buy us some extra time.

Anyway. Who are our potential leaders, again? Or rather, who has an excuse from being the leader? There's CoF himself, solifuge, toaster, who else? I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember. Oh, and BD considering CoF basically just confessed.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2011, 05:18:46 pm »

Saying that Bd isn't the leader is reeeally WIFOM-y.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2011, 05:21:30 pm »

it won't solve the problem, but it will buy us some extra time.
Nope, it will cost us time. The scum loose a player, but it will go into night, and they will then gain a player, and we loose a townie, so no net loss for scum, but loss for town. That is assuming Crown is scum, and scum make a convert.
So not as bad as a town lynch, but it would be preferable to go for the vampire lord, wouldn't it?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »

Hold up.

CoF is Scum
CoF is voting BD

But CrownOfFire can't be the leader so at some point he would have had to have been converted. If you're telling me that you think CrownOfFire was converted, fine, but tell me why you think that's the case.

Reasons? I think not being cult leader is enough reason to NOT vote me. You don't really want to lynch confirmed people.

You really should be lynched. It's only by miracle of role confirmation that you won't be.

How fortunate for you that you get to play this shitty and still get away with it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2011, 06:45:34 pm »

You really should be lynched. It's only by miracle of role confirmation that you won't be.

How fortunate for you that you get to play this shitty and still get away with it.
I was just pointing out the obvious. Besides, he didn't even list any reasons, so there wasn't really anything to go against.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2011, 09:24:31 pm »

I'm curious about something.

Meph:  Assuming the Devil role is the same as it was in Super 1, does his survival prevent a town win if all other scum is eliminated?

Also, Azure, Jokerman, Josh, and Leafsnail need prods, especially the first and last.

Anyway...

Jim:  Your logic looks like it has a hole to me- how do you reach the conclusion that inexperienced players are more likely to be cult leader?  I also don't like that you didn't vote Max until I asked you about it, but there's not much to say about that.

As for why you're on my list, it's the previously mentioned interaction with Max (though I admit that would more point to him having converted you) and the feeling I get that your scumhunting is somewhat anemic.  It's more gut than anything, however, and really not worthy of a FoS.

Joker is lurking and being non-contributory when he does post.

Max should be on the list, for previous actions that I've mentioned in the past.

Max:  Is your Jokerman vote pressure or a lynch vote at this point?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »

Max:  Is your Jokerman vote pressure or a lynch vote at this point?
Now, I mean, why would you ask that? I'll answer you, if you really want, but I was under the impression that the idea of a pressure vote is that the person your voting for has no idea when it stops becoming a pressure vote, and when it becomes a lynching vote, thus not knowing just how much somebody wants to lynch you builds pressure. If we make it very clear what is for pressure and what is for lynching, then a pressure vote stops putting on pressure.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70